Marvel's Agents of Shield

WarHawk

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I'm just gonna say it. The big reveal?

so unsurprising. Everything was building towards IT coming to earth, if it didn't, there'd be no villain for the second half of the season. The only interesting part of that was that it's Ward.

Also, the whole timing of the end, with the portal closing, seconds left, then he slowly kills ward, then they run to the portal then May fires on the castle whole simultaneously they all get into the pod and away in time? Why did no one wonder where Lash was? In those split seconds, how did no one see IT come through? How did they get past Hydra on the ground? Whaaaaaaaaaaat??

Also, I totally thought Fitz was gonna be sacrificed to the thing. Imagine. Fitz gone and evil incarnate wearing his body. That would be fantastic, plot wise. It would break my heart into tiny pieces but it would have been great. This episode......had some great character moments, but plot wise I'm pretty lukewarm.

/rant

I would've rebelled if Fitz had died. Torches and pitchforks type of stuff. Especially after he was so much a gentleman about the whole messed up situation with Will. Let me tell you, I was very much in camp Lance about the whole rivalry.

Also, yeah, how did "Ward" get out? Presumably what we are led to believe is that Mack, Coulson, Daisy, and Fitz bailed the second Coulson and Fitz came back from Tatooine, and sometime between the time they left the room and the time they got in their flying room (at which point Mack told Mei to blow the castle up) "Ward" got out of the portal (which, presumably, was left open since the castle was going to blow up anyway, so bother figuring out how to close it prematurely) and survived the explosions relatively unscathed somehow. All of this in about 10 seconds.

There were all these comments in early review about deaths being serious. Wards death wasn't even satisfying as an ending to his character arc, though the implications for Couldons character is a little scary. I was emotionally preparing myself for worse and the episode didn't deliver.

I mean, yes, Fitz was a gentleman. But since when is life fair to anyone? Imagine what his death would have done for everyone else's character arcs, and how they'd struggle to fight off IT in his body. It would be devastating. Maybe too dark for SHIELD though.

There was also the whole implication of Fitz being brought along as a sacrifice. That was a promise that didn't pay off (and I can't believe I'm advocating this :o)

But the timing doesn't make sense.

And I have no idea also why Coulson waited so long to shoot him. Or why IT was hanging out in Wills bunker. Or allied itself with Fitz.

Well, he apparently gains the memories of the host bodies he takes over. I assume that he wasn't actually hanging out in Will's lair. Rather, because he had all of his memories, he suspected that someone might come looking for him and therefore was on the lookout for a party to come through. When he saw Fitz, who he would have recognized, he just scuttled off to the hideout and waited for him to show up.

• 2 months later...

Well it's not really never. But far too often shows air in AU weeks or months (if ever) after the US and it's extremely annoying.

Oh, we're talking about Australia. Now it makes sense. Sorry, I just imagined something, and it didn't make sense and I've got totally confused here. Too much fan fiction... O.o

Like he has the actual handprint on his chest from his death....he's like a literal zombie except he's a grant ward zombie that sits on the couch and speaks softly and stares menacingly at everyone.

*shudders*

Further proof that Brett Dalton is a fantastic actor.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched "The Inside Man" tonight, so I'm several episodes behind the airing schedule in the US, but I just had to say that AlienWard is totally creeping me out.

Random side note: does Malick's Inhuman telekinetic remind anyone else of George Takei?