Portland Steelheart Signing

Mysty

I agree, it is entirely possible.  I didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't.  I just wanted to point out that it was a corrupted spren as opposed to a "voidbringer" spren since the two have different connotations.

My aswer was too blunt sorry about that (I'm still figthing to learn write in english) =) 

I complety agree with you, the "dark sprens" must be normal sprens corrupted by Odium that make much more sense.

Q: What is the stone that Gavilar gave to Szeth before he died?

A: good question, there are clues to what it is. (I'm going to try to get this answer right) if you decode Shallans letter in the beginning of The Way of Kings you will find some significant clues to what the stone is. The letter has already been decoded over at the 17th shard but I've never confirmed that those clues are in fact there. So go tell the 17th shard I confirmed that and they will love you for it. :)

... Also, you can love me know:)

Josh

Hey Josh,

at the moment I'm not sure if I love or hate you. ;) Because I myself don't have a possibility to go to signings (they are way to far away :)) I kind of crave for any tidbit I can find.

And though I've read the following postings (hinting at Navani's Notebook) I dare beg you to try to re-remember what BS said.

I'll tell you, why:

- decode -> is against my nitpicking

+ Shallan -> I really hope BS doens't himself confuse Shallan and Navani

+ letter -> I wouldn't say, Navani's Notebook is "a letter"

+ "beginning of TWoK" -> Navani's Notebook: One is on page 762 in the hardcover version, that's not really "at the beginning of TWoK"

I see, that Navani's Notebook seems to be the favorite option, but I would be happy to get more information.

Please don't feel insulted, if nothing else it's my lacking in English that causes me to bring things into question that might be obvious for others. 

It's one of those situations when an audio recording would've been priceless :) "Decode" suggest Navani's notebook very strongly, but nothing else matches - so either Josh is misremembering three things (Shallan instead of Navani, letter instead of notebook, and beginning of TWoK) - which, while possible is not a very high likelihood, I think, - or Brandon is referring to some letter by Shallan. Anything in the one she (wants to?) write to her brothers?

Either way, good news is that one of us (probably not I) can ask for a clarification on a future signing, since we won't be asking for new information, just rewording of old one.

Ok so I'm sure this is what he said..." If you look to the first page (not the beginning/ or first part or whatever it was I said:) ) of Navanis notebook, you will find strong indications/ clues to what the stone is. The 17th shard has already decoded it."

The reasons I had mixed it up was because I didn't have a hard copy of TWoK because I listen to audio books at work. I had no idea there were illustrations in the book. So my brain translated what he said into the simplest explanation for what he was saying.

I don't exactely remember their names, but I've thought for a long time that the "Ghostblood" or however they are named in english are a strong possibility. When Gavilar is about going to die, he says that some high princes that here in the 17thshard we have related to the mentioned group mustn't get that stone/gem/whatever.

Has anyone ventured a guess to who Gavilar was referring to when he said " they must not get it" to szeth?

I think, Thaidakar and the Ghostbloods. They are his first guess of who sent Szeth. They are also a group interested in Desolations and Voidbringers. And I think it's very, very likely Gavilar knew something of what's coming and had plans about it.

• 3 months later...