If you were an Epic?

Carcinios

This is a very interesting topic, I think I have a pretty cool idea. 

Main Power: Extremly controlled and powerful telekinesis 

Secondary Power: Can control the emotions of everyone and anyone around him

Weakness: Falling off a high building or cliff without his consent

Prime Invinsibilty: Invisible shield around him at all times

Name: Psychosis

• 4 weeks later...

Moniker: Stormfront

Physical Traits: Pale skin, wild dark hair, slender

Attire: Grey suit, with a long dark grey duster

Main Power: Control of weather in surrounding area (including wind manipulation to fly, and lightning because lightning is cool)

Secondary Power: When under extreme emotional stress, Epic powers and physical ability multiply exponentially, sometimes with unintended side effects

Prime Invincibility: Dangersense

Weakness: Humiliation

Name: Hyde Danvers

Before Calamity: Hyde was a dropkick, he had no friends, no family, did drugs and other nasty stuff. Oh, and he worked as a clown, only thing he seemed to be good at. He hated all the little kids and their proud parents, he hated how everyone else seemed to be better off than him. That's when he turned to crime, and using his clown moniker, Hyde committed horrendous murders to what he considered "perfect families". He was jailed 3 years before Calamity struck, at the age of 35.

After Calamity: It was a normal day in Stockdale prison, the guards were mean, the doctors cruel and the torturers happy as usual. Then, a strange object appeared in the sky, and one of the jailors was...he didn't know how to describe it, he...changed. One minute he was laughing at one of the inmates, and the next he was sprouting tentacles and ripping everyone to shreds. Hyde remembered those days....hyding out in one of the watchtowers, with a few of the surviving inmates, during those days he finally found out the meaning of terror, huddled together with the other inmates, the rumbling of the jailor's activities each day. On one memorable day, the watchtower had been skewered by a tentacle near the base, and the tower had nearly collapsed. Then Calamity struck him, almost a week after the jailor's change. He....grew an afro... a flaming afro that blinded everyone who saw it for the initial ten seconds, and could shoot flaming hair at people. He remembered how afraid his fellow inmates were, and he fed on that fear, slaughtering them...and accidentally burning watchtower down. That's when the Jailor attacked him, and Hyde fought back, he fought for his life during that time, he burned and burned and burned, the sky was almost pitch black with smoke by the time he burned his way out of Stockdale. And that's where his story begins

Moniker: Flaming Afro Man

Physical Traits: Tall, lanky, oh yeah, has a crazy flaming afro, which he hides in a fireproof turban. Wears glasses and usually wears jeans and a polo shirts.

Primary ability: Shooting fireballs from his hair and blinding whoever sees his hair for ten seconds. Last time I checked anyway.

Secondary ability: Enhanced Awareness, this is tricky, think of it like Daredevil's 360 vision, except in colour, not sound waves. He is aware of everything around him that is not obscured in any way. And can also identify things by scent.

Weakness:Being Laughed at

On 19/10/2016 at 1:57 AM, Bam said:

This is a very interesting topic, I think I have a pretty cool idea. 

Main Power: Extremly controlled and powerful telekinesis 

Secondary Power: Can control the emotions of everyone and anyone around him

Weakness: Falling off a high building or cliff without his consent

Prime Invinsibilty: Invisible shield around him at all times

Name: Psychosis

Thats OP as hell. soz for double post

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

Gotta make a good one... Ok, here goes

• Name: Everyman
  • Prime Ability: Precise Telekinesis
    • Allows him to chain it with my secondary to create destructive effects, not limited to destruction of a building in a single blow, rearrangement of atoms, and folding of reality.
  • Secondary Abilities
    • Enhanced Durability and Strength
    • Low Level Telepathic Abilities (including immunity to telepathic attacks)
  • Prime Invincibility: Intense Telekinetic field which prevents any attacks on person, subconscious use allows for filtering of amicable vs. malicious intent
  • Weakness/Calamity: Arrogance
    • The more arrogant Everyman becomes, the weaker his powers get. This requires him to always think of himself as an equal to others, which acts as a sort of check for his incredible abilities, both preventing him from becoming a true Epic, and cutting down the power of his abilities. Such a weakness requires him to use his most powerful abilities in bursts, while any prolonged fight will have him become weaker and weaker.
Edited by Orderbound

• 1 month later...

Original Name: Nathan Stancer

Appearance Pre-Calamity: Nathan was a 16 year old high school student, about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was white, but also very tan. He had coarse, dark brown hair cut short on the sides and kept somewhat long on the top so that it swooshed to his right, like a wave almost. The long part of his hair was the shade of green in the corner of this picture. He had dark brown eyes, but if you looked at them closely, you could swear they were gold. He had a round nose and a slightly rounded face to compliment it. He normally wore basic everyday clothes, though he would wear something fancy if he thought the occasion called for it. 

Primary Power(s): He is able to create forcefields in a shade of green similar to that of his pre-Calamity hair that can be used defensively, offensively, and for transportation. No matter which version of his forcefields he uses, they disintegrate anything they touch, except himself. The defensive forcefields can be as simple as just to protect himself, or they can be up to 100 cubic feet in volume. These forcefields take the shape of a dome around him, with him as the center. If he happens to be in the air and using a forcefield, it will form as a sphere around him. The offensive forcefields take the shape of a circle and can range from 1 square inch to 15 square feet. He launches them at enemies, and has slight control of them while they fly, but the trajectory is harder to change the bigger the forcefield. When he uses the forcefields as transportation, they take the shape of a hexagon roughly 3 feet across, but he can increase the size to a max of 6 feet. The side of the forcefield he is standing on does not disintegrate, but the bottom does. He creates these in the air, and they hover there and he uses them to build staircases in mid air. He can summon and destroy any form of the forcefields at will. He can also use any of them in any way he chooses, such as trapping an enemy in a defensive forcefield and shrinking it down so as to completely disintegrate them, or luring opponents up his forcefield stair case and then flipping the forcefield they're on so the fall into it and disintegrate. He could also create a tiny forcefield around his hand and use it like the tensors. However, all of his forcefields can eventually break. Maybe if you hit them with a nuke, or some similar destructive device. He can also set them to last a certain amount of time, or until something happens.

Secondary Power(s): He has the ability to heal; not just himself, but others, too. He can heal any basic injury or illness, such as a shallow cut from a sword or the common cold, in little to no time; however, injuries like being stabbed in the stomach or losing a limb are time-consuming and require lots of energy. He has to consciously heal himself, it doesn't act automatically. A loss of a limb would take at least a week, maybe more to heal. It is possible, that as long as enough of his brain is left to be conscious, he could begin regenerating himself, but the process could take months. If he is injured without his powers, he can still heal those wounds (if they don't kill him), he will just have a nasty scar when he heals the wound. When healing others, he must touch his hand to them, and while he heals them his hand glows green. He cannot bring people back from the dead using his healing, however. 

He can create solid matter out of thin air. He has a limit of approximately 100 lbs per day that he can create, and he can only create objects that weigh exactly between 3.14 and 21.109 lbs. His creation ability is limited to inorganic matter, and he must know what he wants to create looks like, what it's made of, and, if it is more than just a simple object, how it works. Of course, he can also invent objects out of whatever he likes. All he must do is imagine it, and his power will do the rest. Of course, it will compromise when necessary to make it within the weight limit. 

He also has reflexes five times faster than that of a normal human, along with enhanced senses, strength, and endurance to go with it. He can see up to a three miles away, can hear from twice that, smell from two miles away, can taste something and discern all of its ingredients, and can touch something and know what it's made out of. 

Weakness: He was only truly afraid of death before he became an Epic, and now his weakness is that if he sees anyone die, be it whether he kills them or someone else kills them, his powers are weakened for the next five minutes. If he sees someone die within the five minutes, his powers grow even weaker, and the five minutes start over. He can hear them die without being affected, however. If he sees someone he cares for die, he loses his powers completely for exactly 3 minutes and 21 seconds. If you mention death, his powers will weaken very slightly for 30 seconds. This works the same way for when he sees someone he doesn't know die. 

Epic Name: My original idea was Enforcer, but I don't know. I'm thinking something like Geneside fits with his creation ability and how he's a murderous Epic. Or Forcedecay, a combination of his forcefields and disintegration ability. Forcedecay is his name, but the others would work.

Appearance Post-Calamity: He now wears a full body suit made of titanium that he has slowly created over time. There are thin, weaving lines of unbreakable glass across the suit that have a green glow underneath them. That glow is actually energy generated by the circuitry within the suit as a side effect of the temperature regulators he has within the suit. He lets it show through the armor because he thinks it looks cool. His mask looks sort of like this, except it is all titanium, has the green lines flowing through it, and has a green visor over the eyes without the line in between each individual eye. He carries dual blades made of titanium with the green lines through it on his back at all times. He wears all the gear to hide the fact that he is now scarred. When he went through his Rending, he immediately went after his sister. He backed his parents and older brother up against a wall with a forcefield while he slowly disintegrated his sister. When he finished, his forcefields failed, and he lost his powers. Both his brother and his dad had grabbed their guns, and shot him, one shot from each of them. His dad hit him in the right eye, and his brother hit him in the left shoulder. His mom yelled at them to stop shooting and they did. But that allowed Nathan to crawl away, when they could have easily killed him right then and there.

Manifestation of Evil: Since he can't see someone die without losing his strength, it makes it quite hard for him to go on evil rampages. But, the mask he wears let's him see until he is about to kill someone, and then closes off the eye holes on the inside, so no one can tell he isn't actually seeing the death of his victims. Because of this, he has grown ruthless, and now rules over Dallas, where he has used his forcefields and creation ability to slowly shape the Reunion Tower into a towering (heh) fortress. He has several weaker Epics, and even some stronger ones, working under him. He keeps them in line by letting them believe his forcefields truly are indestructible and activate automatically, when in reality it is just his reflexes, and that his healing power works automatically for himself. He almost never takes off his mask and armor, and only to shower, sleep, etc. But when he does that, he puts a forcefield around whatever room he is in so no one can sneak in and see his scars...or worse, attempt to assassinate him. He mainly rules his city through his Epics that serve him, but if he hears about rebellious citizens, he hunts them down and kills them all. When he does go out of his fortress besides to hunt rebels, he walks around downtown, and disintegrates anyone who even looks at him. He cuts people that attempt to talk to him in half. Of course, he only goes out when he's mad, so...pretty much, he's a badass douchebag with awesome armor and swords, but he isn't that terrible. Dallas runs better than before, and besides his victims, crime is down. 

Edited by StrikerEZ
Picture didn't work. Plus, dang, I didn't realize how long it is. I even have a couple more ideas. But, in case you're wondering, this would be me. EDIT 2/3/4: I've been debating his name, so this is his new name.

In keeping with my profile pic and forum name...

Primary Power: Luck manipulation, similar to a chromium Compounder. This technically functions as Prime Invincibility, because he'll almost always be lucky enough to escape injury or, failing that, be lucky enough to experience a miraculous recovery. (Although if you can engineer a situation where no amount of luck could save him, e.g. lure him into a deserted canyon or something and nuke it, he'd still die.)

Secondary Power #1: Monster Summoning. He summons random monsters to do his bidding, but if he requires them to fight, they always lose the combat within one minute, puffing into dust.

Secondary Power #2: Fine-control telekinesis, limited to 20-sided dice only (like the guy with the arrow in Guardians of the Galaxy, except...dice).

Weakness: Being unnoticed/ignored. If you ignore him, he can't affect you with his telekinetic dice, although he can still throw monsters at you. If you don't notice him at all, none of his powers can affect you. If no one in the world is aware of him at any given moment, his powers (including luck manipulation) cease to function.

Moniker: Railroad (if you get the joke, you're amazing. If you don't, you're still amazing, but I'll be less able to bask in my self-appointed cleverness.)

Moniker: Specter

Primary Power: Flight and the ability to phase through solid objects. This is a Prime Invincibility because (almost, see weakness) any type of weapon/projectile/energy would simply pass through him. Can make parts of his body solid at will, so for example he can reach into your chest and rip out your heart, or just hold things if he wished to. He requires no nourishment (food/water).

Secondary Power: Constant invisibility, which means he can't make himself be seen even if he wants to/

Tetiary Power/Weakness: He's able to posses anyone (including another Epic) by completely phasing into him/her. However if his host is killed he dies as well, and the possession is limited to 23 minutes after which he's expelled from the host and loses all of his powers for 23 seconds.

Weakness: Pure iron is the only material in which he can't phase through, and as a consequence he can be injured or even killed by it.

Secondary Weakness: He still emits body heat, so he can be seen by infrared goggles.

Edited by kroen

• 1 month later...

Hmm...

Power: Probably my power would be to temporarily change myself, others, or objects around me to code, and then manipulate them through the code.

Secondary Power: The power to act as a human flashdrive, plugging into things and getting memories or transferring them.

Weakness: My weakness would be making eye contact with someone wearing contacts, I would lose my powers for the time making eye contact.

Cheesy name: Umm... "Hacker?" Can't think of anything.

• 1 month later...
  1. My only power is to slow down/speed up/stop time. I'm immune to my own powers and so is anybody touching me.
  2. Weakness is when someone that is smoking is touching me I lose all powers.
  3. Name is Chrona.
  4. My Epic Evil is stopping time to do mass murderings, or just making people be in weird, embarrassing poses. I mostly do the second one to weak, unimportant epics because they don't have enough power to retaliate and aren't important enough to have friends that can retaliate (I choose my victims wisely) and they aren't normal people so I don't like to kill them.

1. My primary power would be that when I touched anybody I would instantly know everything they know. Secondary power would be indestructible bubbles I can control with my mind.
  2. My weakness is falling. I have to be in the act of falling for it to apply, and it is very hard for someone to make me fall because I can use my bubbles to make myself fly, though not very fast. Not so much as a weakness than a inconvenience, but when i use my primary power too much my head starts to hurt.
  3. My name would be Omni since it is like a short version of omniscient.
  4. My costume would be a cloak so I don't touch someone unless I mean to.
  5. My character does not like using her powers a lot, so she only occasionally turns evil. Plus she has no offensive powers, so she can't exactly go on a rampage.
  6. I would be like 8 so I'd be pretty young for an epic.
  7. Edit: It's not like I'm immune to my powers or even know what the darkness is, but I don't like using them because the more info I get the bigger the headache gets. Just to be clear.

This is for my brother:

Name: Corrocotus

Powers: Can turn into animals  Can speak to animals

Weakness: Meat

Appearance: 11 years old  Red hair   Grey eyes   Pale skin   Wears a black cloak over everyday clothes

Epic Evil: rampages cities with armies of animals, you know the norm

I would probably have energy storage and conversion, so if I get hit by a falling truck I can then convert the energy into electricity and zap someone. This means I would usually appear as completely black as I am absorbing all light hitting me... 

my secondary ability would either be photon manipulation or mind control. Idk.

My name would be Void

and anyone who insults me will eat fish sticks, after which I will boil them.

and my weekness would probably be thunder. I have almost been struck by lightning several times (within a hundred feet) and have a phobia for it already. Either that or public speaking. 

Edited by Just another guyn

• 2 weeks later...

Epic Name: the Magus

Primary Power: Summoning anything from a book that I know well and is in the near vicinity. Kind of like Green Lantern... but obviously limited to fictional things. Also not green. Also, he has to have some awareness of what he's summoned. He can't create thousands of soldiers and have them guard random places, though he could summon people to guard a room he's in. He could also not summon a highstorm and have it ravage the entire world. Though he could certainly have it ravage the city he's in....

Weakness: loneliness. If nobody within a certain distance(assuming there are people: loneliness doesn't affect me if nobody is around) cares about me at all, even negatively, my powers don't work. However, I also don't have a prime invincibility.... so I look forward to battling other Epics. 

Costume: Ornate robe, carries a book rather like the Grimorum Arcanorum from Gargoyles, which has extremely fine print of many of my favourite books. The ones that have cool things I'd want to use in them, anyway.... 

Epic name: Existence

Cheesy name: matrix man/fiction factor

Power 1: I can bring anything from text into real life, or put anything in real life into text

Power 2: I can write/speak/understand any and every language

Prime invincibility: when in danger, I automatically bring another epic's prime invincibility from a reckoners book depending on the situation (i pulled a space that isn't there into a point where I can put stuff in)

Epic Weakness: being naked in front of a crowd of people

Why people hate me: I cannot stand anyone who refuses to read books (as in, is too stubborn to do it, not anyone who has tried reading and has stopped reading because they didn't like it), who, depending on how long I ask them to start reading books, I will ask, maim, torture or kill.

I know this an old thread, but I just found it and have a few epic ideas.

Epic 1 of 3.

1. Powers: Sandman- can put anyone in his line of sight asleep for exactly 60 minutes (unless epic power prevents this).

Elm Street-able to manipulate the dreams of sleeping people, requiring touch of victim or victims as he can create shared dreaming.   He can, and usually does, increase "dream time" making the recipient experience up to 1p times longer dreams than actually asleep.

Sleep tight- a person (or himself if he looks in a mirror) affected by Sandman is immune to physical harm.

2. Weakness: Oxymoron.   If he hears one, such as "that girl is pretty, ugly"; "want to try some giant, shrimp"; or "holy hell", he loses all powers for 1 hour.

3. Name is Blackwell, though will go by Boogie man.  Those that call him Sandman, become victims to his powers.

4. Blackwell wears jeans and a superhero shirt in a ironic way.  Sometimes sports a fedora, which of course is Black.

5. Evil: Living Nightmare- goes around inducing sever physiological trauma by creating horrors in his victim's dreams.  Or causing car accidents where his victims survives with the guilt of what their vehicle does while they sleep.  He occasionally works for other Epics using dream manipulation to train foot soliders.

Edited by Sheridan_rd

• 1 month later...

I will have wind based powers,

Powers: can create tornadoes at will, send gusts of wind at people, flying(wind), and a simple speed boost

Prime invincibility:Every time a weapon comes at me the wind blows it away at reflex

Cheesy name:Whirlwind

costume: gray pants, a white leather jacket, a blue shirt with a tornado on it, and a pair of shades.

Weakness: Bugs

Evil manifestation: Stealing from the "peasants" what I see fit and ruling former Raleigh, killing those who annoy me 

Alright, I'm new so go easy on me.

Here's mine.

1. My primary power would be emotional manipulation. It's not like soothing or rioting in Mistborn where you influence emotions. I would dominate the emotions of my targets and make them do my every bidding.

Secondary power would be aura vision so that I could feel people's emotion and manipulate accordingly. This also doubles as a sort of X-Ray vision as when I activate aura vision the only thing I can see would be auras so I can look through things that do not contain aura, like walls. The auras would be like flames surrounding a person and they change color and intensity when the emotions and the intensity of an emotion changes.

Third power would be a simple danger sense. I get a small headache when danger would come in a few minutes. But besides that, I don't know anything else about the danger.

2. My weakness would be that anyone I have a very strong emotional connection (ie love) can overcome my control if they wanted to. This is why I would remain distant to most people in fear of them resisting my powers. Another weak point is that when in aura vision, the only thing I can see is auras, so a person might be able to use inanimate objects to kill me.

3. Alter ego would be The Charismatic (egotistic, I know) because people will listen to everything I say if I want them to.

4. Dressed inconspicuously in a suit and tie so that I could blend in with the populace and get close to those I need to control.

5. I steal what is most precious from people for fun. Their money, their cars, their pets, their children. Maybe even convince a few city rulers to commit suicide.

Name:

Snowman

Outfit:

Suit with top hat, winter gloves and scarf

Main power:

As long as ther is some source of water (in any phisical state but not inside of living creature) near me I can change it to snow and ice and manipulate it. The amount of created ice/snow depends on amount of water but I can create twice as many ice/snow as it could be possible from existing water and steam. Existing snow and ice doesn't multiply. Created ice and snow react normally with heat. But even when it melt this water cannot be multiply.

For example I can create ice spears and throw it, ice shield that can stop bullet, ice platforms/columns that can move and be use as mode of transportation, even ice wall or snow storm if there is enough water. Then I can reuse this ice. And of course I can create ICE CREAMS!! ;)

When i fell strong fear I immediately transform all water into ice within a radius of 100 meters around me.

Secondary power:

Superhuman reflexes

Weakness:

Ice cream truck music... 

People hate me because I love freezing their water when they taking bath.

Edited by alder24

• 4 weeks later...

Primary Power
Control of biological matter. Can heal or kill others, cure or create diseases, cause mutations, alter people's appearance, manipulate DNA ...Making complex, longterm changes in a person without causing damage requires extensive knowledge of many aspects of biology. 

Secondary Powers
Shapeshifting. Can turn into non-humanoid creatures, alter appearance. This power is intuitive, and requires no knowledge of biology. 
Self-regeneration. Automatic. 
Bio-sense. Can sense the genetic and biological makeup of a person by touch. It doesn't give any understanding of how everything works, just a sense of what's there. E.g. could inspect specific genes, look for infections, injuries, and so on, but would need to know what to look for or where to look. 

Weakness: Loses powers when late for an appointment. If the weakness is triggered, all powers are lost until I arrive at the meeting, or the appointment is cancelled/rescheduled. Of course, this would lead me to rarely make any appointments. This is based on the subjective feeling of being late, not on some absolute truth. 

Cheesy name: Evolution

Evil: I would withhold healing from everyone but those who are loyal to me ... except for random acts of "kindness" seemingly from nowhere, just to keep people hoping that maybe, maybe I will heal their broken leg or cure their child's diabetes, or whatever. Also, I supppose I would experiment on people to learn more about how the primary power works, what its limitations are, etc. I imagine this would start out with criminals, and then slowly include more and more people who are just annoyances. 

Epic: 2 of 3

Power: Cognitive reset- able to mentality travel back in time up to 2 weeks at most.

Causality- has an improved ability to predict the effects her changes to the past will create.

Prime Invciciblity: Checkpoint - cognitive reset automatically actives if she dies.

Epic Name: Slipstream 

Weakness: Worrying about the future.  Making plans past her "perceived present" causes all her powers to stop.

Outfit: neon green shirt, black silver lined treach coat, and ski goggles.

Brand of Evil: she plans elaborate traps to punish people who hurt or insult her in alternate futures.

Notes: In 1 core possibility she joins the Reckoners using her ability to "survive" Epic encounters to discover Weaknesses. 

In another possibility she is shot by Cody after being asked if she had plans for dinner.

Edited by Sheridan_rd
Clarified epic weakness

25 minutes ago, TheKittyOfAtlantis said:

In the timeline where she joins the Reckoners, how does she keep her powers working given all the planning they do?

Good question, and yes working with Reckoners would activate her Weakness a lot.  Which would in turn would keep the Darkness at bay, thus allowing her to work the Reckoners. 

Secondly, planing after a Cognitive reset counts as manipulating the past from her prespective and wouldn't be "worrying about the future" which is her true fear