Espoused Theories

Chaos

I don't understand. What do you mean by "assuredness movement"?

EDIT: Found it. Yeah, I can see that. I'm okay with that.

Yeah I don't have the same veiws as Shallan on the AM but I can see why they do it that way, when I'm reading one of your theories I feel more naturally inclined to accept it because of the way you present it, it's kinda cool.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been interested in this, and I've found that the Espoused Theory sigs are the only way to find a lot of great theories and information. I've gone ahead and drawn a bit of a proposal up to improve the system, make sure things don't get buried and make it easier to write them by migrating them to the wiki.

Check it out here.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

5. Format it like so:

[b]Espoused Theories:[/b] [url=insertlinkhere]Theory #1 Name[/url], etc.
It's not a perfect system, but let's try it for now. The obvious problem involves when we have a ridiculous amount of theories. It's not a problem now, but it could be later.

What do you think of this idea? Have any ideas to make it run more smoothly?

hm, the code doesn't seem to work for me, or is there something wrong?

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey guys!!! Kinda recent to the forum, and I really like this idea, even if it has kinda died. So, I have an alternate idea for espousing theories:

People post theories normally, and have discussion on them. Once the people in the discussion start to come to a general consensus, the author (or one of the most active debaters on the conversation) would then write a summary of the theory, which would be placed in the main post, along with the original post.

Then there would be one of those stack exchange style thread where authors put well polished Theories that are ready to be espoused. Any major revisions to a theory would be posted there, as well as if a theory becomes cannon.

Then if someone wants to espouse a theory, they post the link to the original post in their signature, and upvote the post in the hub thread. This would make it easier to keep track of how many people are espousing which theories.

• Chaos locked this topic
  • AonEne unpinned this topic