Spanreeds!

Gilly

Check out these new "Spanreeds"  Shallan would be pleased.   :D

http://www.roboticstomorrow.com/story/2015/08/robot-that-copies-artists-exact-strokes-to-replicate-a-painting-in-3d/6673/

Oh and hi everyone.  Long time lurker, but thought I'd start posting.

Cheers!

Gilly

Welcome to the forum! This is the new Introduce Yourself topic, I guess, so...hi!

What Sanderson books have you read? What ponies do you like? Do you accept cookies?

Thanks for the welcome WayneSpren. :-)

For Brandon books... hmm let's see...  Elantris + Emporer's Soul, all 3 Mistborn plus Allow of Law, Warbreaker (plus deleted scenes), Stormlight Archive 1 and 2, after hearing Brandon was doing Wheel of Time I went and read all of those just to see how Brandon was able to mesh his style with Robert Jordon (he did quite well).  I've read a lot of the short stories too, I got that anthology that had the deleted Wheel of time Chapters.  I've read Firstborn, Perfect State, and oh yeah the two Reckoners so far.  I've got most of the anthologies and extras, but still working on some.

If I had to pick a pony I'd go with Rainbow Dash. 

Yes I love cookies!

So fun story to share, I had a book club several years back.  We read all kinds of different stuff.  We decided to pick a fantasy book and picked Elantris.  It turned out Brandon knew a couple of the women in my book club so he came over (he lived down the street) and he and Emily chatted with us at length.  It was pretty much the best book club ever.  It was around the time the 3rd Mistborn was published and after he was chosen to finish Wheel of Time.  It was so cool to hear how he came up with characters and how some represented people he'd known or just to hear the whole process of how he did things, plus the story of how he got published etc.  It pretty much sold me on being a Brandon fan and I haven't looked back since.

Anyways I appreciate all the hard work here at the 17th shard, lots of good data and discussions.  I love it keep up the good work!

Thanks for the welcome WayneSpren. :-)

For Brandon books... hmm let's see...  Elantris + Emporer's Soul, all 3 Mistborn plus Allow of Law, Warbreaker (plus deleted scenes), Stormlight Archive 1 and 2, after hearing Brandon was doing Wheel of Time I went and read all of those just to see how Brandon was able to mesh his style with Robert Jordon (he did quite well).  I've read a lot of the short stories too, I got that anthology that had the deleted Wheel of time Chapters.  I've read Firstborn, Perfect State, and oh yeah the two Reckoners so far.  I've got most of the anthologies and extras, but still working on some.

If I had to pick a pony I'd go with Rainbow Dash. 

Yes I love cookies!

So fun story to share, I had a book club several years back.  We read all kinds of different stuff.  We decided to pick a fantasy book and picked Elantris.  It turned out Brandon knew a couple of the women in my book club so he came over (he lived down the street) and he and Emily chatted with us at length.  It was pretty much the best book club ever.  It was around the time the 3rd Mistborn was published and after he was chosen to finish Wheel of Time.  It was so cool to hear how he came up with characters and how some represented people he'd known or just to hear the whole process of how he did things, plus the story of how he got published etc.  It pretty much sold me on being a Brandon fan and I haven't looked back since.

Anyways I appreciate all the hard work here at the 17th shard, lots of good data and discussions.  I love it keep up the good work!

FINALLY someone agrees with me! Rainbow Dash is definitely best pony!​

Actually, most people give you hemalurgic cookies that will enable them to control you, but I offer 100% spike-free cookies, so you're fine. I greatly appreciate how many Brandon books you've read, most people ignore stuff like Firstborn and Perfect State.

You talked to Brandon, so that means you get upvotes. And finally, welcome again to the forum, home of theorists, ponies, spammers (unfortunately), and Sprenmoticons!

• 2 weeks later...

You talked to Brandon, so that means you get upvotes. And finally, welcome again to the forum, home of theorists, ponies, spammers (unfortunately), and Sprenmoticons!

AND DON"T FORGET OREGON.

*ahem* I mean, Welcome to the forums! 

• Chaos locked this topic