Cosmere Battle Royale; AKA Who Would Win

Gamma Fiend

Wow, Kaladin v. Raoden in a building a community of hopeless into a legit group, that's a great question.

I'll need to think about that, I really can't even think of it. That is just such a good match up.

Part of the reason that'd be tricky is because you'd have to find a good and deep reason for them not to form an alliance.  That's how Raoden worked, after all.  If he liked what he saw he'd recruit.

Not if you stick them in completely separate environments, just for arguments sake.

That would also make conflict tricky to do well.  No, you would have to give both really serious motivations and misunderstandings to get it to really work.

Of course, I can imagine such scenarios.  I'm just saying that it's one of the more difficult conflicts to write.

That would also make conflict tricky to do well.  No, you would have to give both really serious motivations and misunderstandings to get it to really work.

Of course, I can imagine such scenarios.  I'm just saying that it's one of the more difficult conflicts to write.

I was kind of thinking of just giving them both crappy situations in different places and the battle is just who builds up their group the best, not actually physically competing with each other.  They don't even have to know the other one exists.

Though yes, if they were both in Elantris or both in a bridge crew, they would be friends.

Don't you remember them counting at the Yomen marriage? Wax is at least three times more efficient. 

Yeah, but that's when the people they're fighting don't know about their twinborn nature, and they're on the same side. I think that if Wayne is clever with his bendalloy and his disguises, he's got Wax. Wax won't go around coinshotting random people just because they might be wayne. 

Well, I think its really circumstantial. In general, a fight between the two of them would involve some sniping, just because of who Wax and Wayne are. Wax is an almost legendary shot, and Wayne can't fire a gun with any real hope of hitting. Wax would be smart, and push himself away, creating a distance between the two of them, and then start firing. This event scenario brings me back to the original point of my second post, where if Wax and Wayne fought, it wouldn't turn into a brawl. It would be more about trickery.

Shooting from a distance, though, does not sniping make.  Sniping is steathily placing yourself in a position of concealment and waiting for your target to come along and shooting while maintaining your concealment.  That is not a fight.  At best, it is an ambush.  In a face to face fiight, Wayne's disguises (one of his most effective tools) would be of little use.  At that point, Wayne's most effective tactic would likely be to put up a bubble and take the time to really draw down on Wax with a calm shot.  I am inclined to think that Wax would have the advantage due to his marksmanship coupled with his twinbornness. 

In that scenario, I agree with you 100%. But there's no randomness here, and we're in Wax's natural element, while we're going away from Wayne's. I think for the fight to be fair, it would have to be in an environment (like Elendel) where they can both use their talents. If it comes down to who shoots the best, then it really isn't even a fight because Wayne can't shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Mistborn, and Warbreaker both has their godkings, and we put them against each other a lot, but pre-chasm, all Elantrians were considered gods.

So, either Raoden or take an elantrian before the chasm happened, one who actually knows their stuff, The Lord Ruler, and Susebron, who'd win if it came to a 3 way fight?

Would it be LR b/c he could just be fast enough with compounding speed to kill them before Raoden could draw or Susebron's awakened materials could react? 

See. I've been thinking. And most people agree TLR could always take Susebron. But.... Susebron has the Divine Breath, and the super huge collection of breaths. Assuming Susebron knows how to awaken a sword, or any other weapon, he could do that. And we've seen how powerful Nightblood can be once fully drawn. I think the God King could rock an Awakened Blade for a while without running out.

Everything about TLR hinges on feruchemic speed. I think Seb could do a lot, but ultimately wouldn't get much of a chance because of speed. However, if he survives the initial clash, TLR would be up-close (we've seen he prefers casual use of his superpewter) and surrounded by all manner of deceptively dangerous awakened objects.

But I still think TLR wins.

I actually really like Raoden vs TLR. He needs some time to get his Aons up, and suffers in the same way to Feruchemical steel as Seb. Except he has his own innate healing factor that basically guarantees he will survive first contact. He's clever enough to make a very good showing, at least.

I definitely think Raoden wins against more comparatively normal people, like Kelsier, fully-sharded Dalinar, even Sazed. But Vin always wins because Vin.

Does A gravity lashing actually alter gravity? If so would a feruchemist who made himself heavier to try to resist being pulled to the ceiling by lashings actually just make himself "fall" to the ceiling faster?

I'm pretty sure lashings work by directly altering the way gravity affects something, so a feruchemist couldn't tap iron to resist the lashing, but tapping weight doesn't really make one fall faster, they would just hit the ceiling harder. If the mass of an object affects how much stormlight it takes to lash it (i don't remember for certain if it does...), then perhaps a iron ferring could simply tap enough weight such that the surgebinder doesn't have enough stormlight to lash him.

Edited by Serendipity

Uh, there was an explanation somewhere about how exactly the Basic Lashing works... Only I can't find it. From what I can remember, a Basic Lashing - as well as the other surges and their specific Radiant manifestations - affects the Spiritual Realm first. Everything there has a set of... properties, laws, and equations "written down," and one one those is the gravity vector, or possibly its direction. The Basic Lashing "pushes" against this vector in a way similar to how two forces acting on the same physical object interact with each other; this "push" results in the physical aspect of said object to "think" that gravity points in a different direction. Of course, maintaining this drains Investiture, as the Lashing is resisting a the natural force of gravity, and once this Investiture runs out, things go back to normal.

I think first thing LR would do is go "psha, you're coming at me with a sword" and try and push it, and when it doesn't push realize that Szeth is actually a valid attacker he had to deal with.

I think his steel speed and iron weight changing could both make Szeth's martial art hard to use on him.

If he gets cut in a nonfatal way, LR could heal it b/c I'm pretty sure we have WoB that says gold heals shardblade cuts. 

You can't push or pull metal that is inside someone, I wonder what would happen if you cut metal that is piercing the LR. I'd assume it would not be cut but it might cut the Hcharge it has. It might just chip at it like it does shardplate until it breaks it though.

Over all, I think just what Szeth could do, LR could handle him.

I think it depends more on how much of a Feruchemical charge there is in the metal, since its an Invested object. I think that there's a point where there is so much Investiture in the metal that it can't be cut by a Shardblade. Up until that point though, the metal would probably just be cut and and the attribute redistibuted amoung the pieces it was cut into.

Edited by AonarFaileas