Cosmere Battle Royale; AKA Who Would Win

Gamma Fiend

Did a little bit of browsing, didn't really see any threads with this discussion, so I thought I'd make it.

The ultimate Versus Thread. We all talk about mixing powers and how the cosmere is tied together... so eventually some of our favorite characters from different books will have to fight eachother, right?

(of course these could all be theoretical and just fun)

I got the idea from reading this Q&A:

ReaderAt2046
What would happen if Nightblood and a Shardblade hit each other?
Brandon Sanderson
RAFO
Footnote
Brandon has stated that Nightblood is, "orders of magnitude," more powerful than a Shardblade.

So Vasher vs Szeth would be a pretty crazy battle. Nightblood and Awakening vs Shardblade Surgebinding

IDK, Szeth got skills, no doubt. But Vasher is pretty handy with a sword as well.  On top of which, I think Nightblood would certainly view Szeth as having enough 'evil' in him to make a strong go of it.  I think a deciding factor would be setting.  Inside, Szeth could use his lashings to far greater effect.  Outside would be much more challenging for Szeth and I think Vasher would kick his trash.  Especially with the breath trick.

With what we've seen I would say Vasher would very easily defeat Szeth. The strength of Nightblood is so huge, plus the different things he could do with awakening far outweigh and outshine the things Szeth can do with a Shardblade and Lashing.

Though we have yet to see what other abilities Szeth may gain in the future. We also don't know the full extent of Nightblood's abilities.

I feel though that the fight would be heavily weighed in Vasher's favor.

A fight I would REALLY like to see though would be Szeth v. Vin. I feel like that fight is much more even and would provide for a really interesting set of exchanges.

I assume this thread is for whoever we would like to see in a cage match and not just Szeth vs Vasher?

The Lord Ruler vs God-King Sue seems like the pinnacle battle, but it's probably very one-sided. I can't put the setting in GK's favor enough to beat TLR.

Vasher vs Wax would be really cool. Guns probably make it too easy for Wax, but if we nix them, Nightblood isn't invited either. So Vasher vs Wax at the mall, no guns, Vasher not wearing metal. Metal- and textile- rich environment.

Perhaps Szeth vs Wax is better. I think guns and shardblade could even attend the party. Taking setting suggestions for this one.

The most important and epic fight. Human vs Clod.

I'm thinking Vasher vs. Szeth goes to Szeth. Awakening is more versatile, but Szeth is used to fighting people that can kill you with one swipe of their Blade. This kind of negates a lot of the advantage of having Nightblood, and I think a Reverse Lashing wouldn't have a ton of trouble pulling a bunch of Awakened cloth to it.

My thoughts are:

Vasher vs Szeth : depends on setting, but I don't think Szeth can resist Nightblood's temptation, so: Vasher drops sword, Szeth tries to draw it, Szeth dies horribly -should probably work.

TLR vs GodKing - depends on GodKing's experience in Awakening. As he was at the end of warbreaker, TLR would likely win, if he learns how to awaken stone/metal (and he has more than enough Breaths for that!), or maybe enforce cloth to work as super-armor (not impossible) - Susebron would probably win. Also, the amount of Breaths would probably make him near-immune to emotional Allomancy (Investiture interference)

Breeze versus Bluefingers - uhh.. how do we get them to fight? Emotional Alloancy would probably give n edge, anyway.

Clod vs Human - depends on skill retention for both of them... Could go either way, but I think Human can ultimately "win" -except that Clod can be repaired with enough Breath so...

The lineup that I would like to see... well... Hoid vs everybody who was pissed at him in any of his guises, in a place he cannot run away from? (Yes, I don't like Hoid :) In my list of Evil he is only below Cadsuane, a few positions above DO)

I've been trying to think of a good spy vs spy opponent for Shai. Setting: a large city like Hallandren surrounded by wilderness where the objective is to track the opponent and get the drop on them (which means evasion and false trails as well). But I don't know that Brandon has written someone else worthy of that competition. Hoid fits the bill, but he's too powerful to be fair.

God-King vs TLR: tapping speed is the one thing that I think makes TLR unbeatable. I think they need a decent starting distance. On scadrial, GK could probably awaken the ash, which could be devastating.

Edited by Pechvarry

I've been trying to think of a good spy vs spy opponent for Shai. Setting: a large city like Hallendren surrounded by wilderness where the objective is to track the opponent and get the drop on them (which means evasion and false trails as well). But I don't know that Brandon has written someone else worthy of that competition. Hoid fits the bill, but he's too powerful to be fair.

How about Spook when he was a Tin savant? Shai is way more clever than him, but he was really good at sneaking.

Yeah, that might be perfect. While he is pretty clever, she has a very strong edge. I could see them both blending into the society well. Shai would get close several times, with Spook's heightened senses barely giving enough time to rabbit. If the chase led to the wilderness, Shai has a stamp for that, and Spook would feel right at home. If an ultimate, physical confrontation was at the end, I think Shaizan could keep up, unless Spook has his Pewter spike. Either way, the victor is most likely decided by who got the drop on who.

I like it.

Edited by Pechvarry

In general, I think Vasher is no match for a Mistborn. Nightblood helps. A lot. Especially since we know it'd be pretty much immune to iron/steel. But his Awakened pants/cloak is enough to keep up with Pewter and... that's about it. Curtains wouldn't do a good enough job of blocking sprays of coins, and Vasher has a temper that could really be abused by some emotional tugs. :D

However, his trusty sword makes Vasher the most fearsome opponent for Miles.

Seduction competition: Allrianne vs Blushweaver

Battle of Wits : Elend vs Lightsong, Wayne vs Shallan

Psychological Issues: Zane vs Tonk Fah

God King vs God King (Susebron vs Radriar)

Religious Debate: Sazed vs Jasnah

Fourth Wall Breaking; Alcatraz vs Hoid

Edited by Serendipity

Great match-ups! I'll throw in more match-ups and how I think weaknesses/strengths would work out later... but for now, another good match-up...

Mat Cauthon (without his Power-forged Ashandarei) vs Kaladin (without Surgebinding powers). Just a straight up regular Quarterstaff bout.
That would be intense! No powers or anything extra, just straight battle/weapon skill.

Edit: Realized I broke my own rules, seems how this is a "Cosmere Battle royale". But Matrim vs. Kaladin would still be a great fight

Edited by Gamma Fiend

This totally reminds me of a topic I made on TWG years ago. I'd link to it, but the archives are in maintenance mode. I held to the point that Raoden would beat everybody. Granted, this cage match was before Stormlight Archive, which throws in some strong abilities, but I still hold to Raoden beating anyone and everyone. As long as the match took place near Elantris anyway.

As for some of the other matches with other characters battling it out (either physically or otherwise).

Lord Ruler v. Seb was a tough one for me. Initially, I was thinking Seb, no doubt. Then I thought it was close, but still in favor of Seb. But then I really starting thinking, and now I've flipped the other way. Lord Ruler wins. Allomancy plus Feruchemy versus an Awakener? Yeah, the God King is powerful, but there's only so much Awakening can do, and unless Seb figures out about the bracers and gets them off the Lord Ruler, Rashek can heal immediately. Seb wouldn't be able to do any damage to him at all. I mean, this is a guy who merely gets irritated over decapitation. I'd like to see how Seb would hold up to that....

Kelsier v. Kaladin would go to Kaladin. If it's purely spears, it would take a while, but Kaladin would win. Kelsier is good, but he's not that good. Yeah, his fight with the Inquisitor was awesome, but he had a lot of other tricks up his sleeve, particularly with iron and steel. And if you give him other metals, you've got to give Kaladin spheres. And that makes this fight significantly shorter. Kaladin with spheres would take Kelsier down really fast. I mean, the entire Parshendi army couldn't take Kaladin down with all their arrows, so a few coins aren't going to do anything to him. And with all that stormlight, Kelsier doesn't stand a chance.

I would pay good money to see both those matches of wits. Not sure which one I want to see more though, which surprises me a little bit. I love both Elend and Lightsong, and seeing them go at it would make my year, but Wayne and Shallan would be utterly hilarious. I think I would probably die of laughter....

Edited by little wilson

Lord Ruler vs God King easily goes to Rashek. Unlimited healing, speed, strength, mental speed, etc plus super-Allomancy puts Awakened tapestries to shame I'm afraid. Susebron simply couldn't react fast enough if TLR decided to end him. Hmm...then TLR could spike him and steal all of those lovely Breaths...

Kelseir vs Kaladin, eh, in a straight Investiture-less fight I'd give it to Kaladin, but as soon as you give metals to Kelseir, Kaladin would be dead meat, I'm afraid. I'd put stormlight and pewter about equal (though stormlight glows, so its cooler), but I don't think a Full Lashing would work well against steel-pushed coins. A lashing can only accelerate something as fast as normal gravity (as I understand it), whereas a pushed object has the full weight a human applied to a much less massive object. Also, Kal's spear is most likely metal-tipped. And Kel can burn atium. You'd have to put them in a metal-less environment, give Kaladin an aluminum spear, and ban atium for the former Bridgman to win.

Just thought of another match-up: Wax vs Dalinar. Although, Wax is probably a good enough shot to just put a bullet through the shardplates eye-slit, so maybe start them off close together.

True, I'd forgotten about that (though we don't explicitly know that you can do that with reverse lashings). That would drain stormlight proportionately faster, however.

Another problem though, is that if you're pulling on coins with a lot of force when they're already moving really fast, your shield won't last very long...

Edit: I was just thinking that a Full Lashing probably can be stacked, otherwise it would be pretty bad at redirecting arrows.

Edited by Serendipity

How about team match-ups?

Little Wilson said he'd put money on Raoden, and that got me thinking of a post I made in the Mixing Magics thread. Elantris powered AonDor, teamed up with Wayne with his Speed-bubble allomancy, that'd be a pretty nice combo. Super complex Aons in mere seconds!

What team would be able to beat that?

Edited by Gamma Fiend