POKEMON!!

I stopped watching the show during the second season in Hoenn, the one after Pokemon Advanced. It was some time between defeating Winona and her shiny Swellow, and Liz & Tate. I want to say I watched an episode or two with them in Lilycove City, but I don't remember.

I also haven't been involved in the card game in a very, very long time. 

Video games, though, that's where I'm at. I used to play competitive meta game up through Generation IV, but I loathed Gen V, so I dropped the meta game. Gen VI has been a blast, though, and is my second favorite generation (after Gen III, of course).

I have a few hundred cards, a few games. But mostly, I read the manga Pokémon Adventures. By now there is over 45, and I've read every one. Favorite Pokémon: probably Lucario. 

By the way, there's probably like five other topics just like this one.

Edited by WayneSpren

Gen VI has been a blast, though, and is my second favorite generation (after Gen III, of course).

I take it you really enjoyed OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, then? :P

I am also a fan of the video games, not so much of the anime and the card game, but I did watch the anime back when the first movie came out.

Edited by skaa

I am also a fan of the video game, not so much of the anime and the card game, but I did watch the anime back when the first movie came out.

I have played Omega Ruby but the ones I OWN r Ash Grey, Leaf green, Fire(flame?) Red and that Pokemon summer academy game thing. P.S my favourite characters from the show are Brock and Red!

Gen VI.5 was like the gorgeous offspring of my two favorite generations. I imagine that the only way to understand my feelings would be to have experienced strawberries, then cheesecake, and then learning that there is such a thing as strawberry cheesecake. 

It was awesome.

Ash Grey, Leaf green, Fire(flame?) Red and that Pokemon summer academy game thing.

Ash Grey is an unofficial ROM of Firered/Leafgreen (Gen III.5) in which you play a videogame that stayed truthful to the anime (unlike Yellow), i.e. you play as Ash instead of Red.

Gen VI.5 was like the gorgeous offspring of my two favorite generations. I imagine that the only way to understand my feelings would be to have experienced strawberries, then cheesecake, and then learning that there is such a thing as strawberry cheesecake. 

It was awesome.

Ash Grey is an unofficial ROM of Firered/Leafgreen (Gen III.5) in which you play a videogame that stayed truthful to the anime (unlike Yellow), i.e. you play as Ash instead of Red.

Wait. It's unofficial?? Guess u learn something new everyday lol

Today, me and my friends at school had an interesting conversation. We were talking about who would be the most powerful pokemon.

One said Jirachi, because as the wish giving pokemon, u could wish the universe to explode and it could happen. One flaw but, Jirachi chooses whether to grant ur wish.

One said Arceus, afterall, he did create the Pokemon universe. But who created Arceus? I was thinking that since Deoxys comes from another planet, perhaps Arceus just created Earth, but still, that's no mean feat.

I thought it could be Dialga or Palkia. THEY CONTROL SPACE AND TIME FOR GODS SAKE!!! But then, Arceus created them.

So there you have it. Who do you think Is the most powerful Pokemon?

• 4 weeks later...

I have really fond memories of Pokemon first and second generation (especially first, when everything was fresh), but revisiting that world as an adult was big mistake. The TV series is pretty bad in hindsight, basically just big repetitive commercial, and the games are basically the biggest grindfests to ever grace mainstream gaming. Lesson learned, don't re-visit things you loved as a teenager... I've heard the TCG holds up bit better, but why bother really.. when Hearthstone and Magic exist. I think I won't introduce this franchise to my children, I'm happy that their generation has bit less commercial stuff available, like Minecraft, where you don't just repeat same thing over and over.

Edited by mallamp

I have really fond memories of Pokemon first and second generation (especially first, when everything was fresh), but revisiting that world as an adult was big mistake. The TV series is pretty bad in hindsight, basically just big repetitive commercial, and the games are basically the biggest grindfests to ever grace mainstream gaming. Lesson learned, don't re-visit things you loved as a teenager... I've heard the TCG holds up bit better, but why bother really.. when Hearthstone and Magic exist. I think I won't introduce this franchise to my children, I'm happy that their generation has bit less commercial stuff available, like Minecraft, where you don't just repeat same thing over and over.

I still like the first generation, and have revisited it a couple times.  For a while Gen 2 was my favorite, but I haven't been able to go back to that one in a while.  as they made more and more of the games, I don't think any of them ever lived up to the quality of the first few though.

• 6 months later...

Wow... guys, really? Has anybody played gen 6? No longer a grind. I beat y version in VI days. It took me 23 hours of game play. I will admit it isn't the best generation. Gen IV is the best. Don't argue, just accept. Anyway, the most powerful, according to Pokedex entries, is Magcargo. It's hotter than the surface of the sun. Anything within a several mile radius of one would instantly combust. The most powerful in game is Mega Mewtwo Y, with its insane Sp. Att, awesome Spd, and viable defenses. The best according to what I believe, would have to be, actually, Groudon. This is purely because of one thing: it would have dried up the seas if not for Kyogre. Thus, the intensity of the sun must have increased vastly. Groudon is powerful enough to make the seas dry up, and, thus, could pretty much wipe out everything in existence.

Just saying.

I think a pokemon that can create and recreate a pair of Pokémon with control over time and space probably should be regarded as the most powerful. Arceus doesn't have a check on its power either.

Not sure what my favorite game would be. Pearl was the first one I played, but the idea of replaying it doesn't overly appeal to me. HGSS or Emerald (don't have a 3ds to play ORAS yet) would be my pick.

I'd still pull for gen I over II, but only barely.  III and IV are the worst

Gen II improved on so much Gen I didnt have, like giving Psychic a proper weakness, day and night cycles, having two regions. It is just straight up better in my opinion.

I like III, not my favorite, but I like it. Has some of my favorite starters.

Gen II improved on so much Gen I didnt have, like giving Psychic a proper weakness, day and night cycles, having two regions. It is just straight up better in my opinion.

I like III, not my favorite, but I like it. Has some of my favorite starters.

III has my least favorite set of starters (though I do really like the ones in IV).  I think that is also part of why I like I over II, the starters in II are underwhelming compared to the originals.  II also introduced the roving legendaries to the game, which is an interesting idea, but is mostly just extremely annoying.  I dunno, I have, in the past, espoused II as the best generation.  I sort of flip between that an I.  either is far superior to pretty much everything that came after

III has my least favorite set of starters (though I do really like the ones in IV).  I think that is also part of why I like I over II, the starters in II are underwhelming compared to the originals.  II also introduced the roving legendaries to the game, which is an interesting idea, but is mostly just extremely annoying.  I dunno, I have, in the past, espoused II as the best generation.  I sort of flip between that an I.  either is far superior to pretty much everything that came after

IV has my least favorite starters XD Monkey Blaziken, reject Bulbasaur and... ok... I dont dislike Piplup. It is pretty bland, but I dont dislike it.

Compared to the originals, sure, but I still really like the gen 2 starters. And gen 2 has Houndoom, which is my favorite pokemon.

Agreed there. I still like 3 and 6 though.