Aetae's here

Ete'ni

• 11 months later...

I'm going somewhere with all this... just saving this bit in case Ete'ni wipes these posts...

Welcome to the forums Aetae!

Thank you! It's so pleasant to have a word of welcoming :)

Good to have you here Aetae! I totally agree with you, I think Wayne is hysterical :)

Okay, so I can reconstruct based on all this what Ete'ni/Aetae's post was originally, and I can reconstruct what they were based on context and quoting in other topics like this: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4918-originators/ which is where I came from to here.

My question is this... what happened? It looks like Aetae/Ete'ni has gone through and replaced all the posts s/he had made that s/he could find with "-" at sometime between the 11th of June and the 24th of June (the earliest and latest edits for these that I've seen). I'm assuming the negavotes have come since then, since the posts seem quite reasonable. But seriously, what when down? My curiosity over this oddity is killing me guys!

Oh well, welcome anyway. If you happen to come across a Chasmfiend and find a way to tame and breed them please let me know so I can purchase one from you. Of course I do expect to receive the Sanderfan discount ;)

Not sure if accidentally posted on the wrong topic, or troll to further confuse and intrigue Kadrok...

I'm going somewhere with all this... just saving this bit in case Ete'ni wipes these posts...

Okay, so I can reconstruct based on all this what Ete'ni/Aetae's post was originally, and I can reconstruct what they were based on context and quoting in other topics like this: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4918-originators/ which is where I came from to here.

My question is this... what happened? It looks like Aetae/Ete'ni has gone through and replaced all the posts s/he had made that s/he could find with "-" at sometime between the 11th of June and the 24th of June (the earliest and latest edits for these that I've seen). I'm assuming the negavotes have come since then, since the posts seem quite reasonable. But seriously, what when down? My curiosity over this oddity is killing me guys!

I've been trying to figure it out as well. I noticed a couple weeks ago and thought it was weird but didn't want to say anything. Think it's Lwd being sneaky? (jk)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure it out as well. I noticed a couple weeks ago and thought it was weird but didn't want to say anything. Think it's Lwd being sneaky? (jk)

Any ideas as to how to solve this? I keep encountering old posts of his/hers. It must have taken a fair bit of effort to mod all his/her posts to "-"... my curiosity is driving me mad Vash! Mad I say!

Ouch, you just had to rub salt, aint you? so crude... Can't a girl have dreams?

But spiking is just wrong, I can't stop remembering what it's done to Marsh... Though... so tempting...

Excellent! I can stop using he/she. Aetae/Ete'ni is a girl. (Source)

EDIT: Wow, cool. If you click the return arrow on the quote it takes you to the modern version of the site in which she's changed it to "-", but I was quoting from http://www.shardlabs.net/forum/topic/4446-4th-mistborn-trilogy/page-2#entry75415 which is apparently the old site, and has the unedited version.

This means we can read what she wrote originally. Perhaps one of her posts will have the answer to this mystery. I hope this isn't going to be one of those Oedipus things where I discover a horrible truth and gouge my own eyes out as a moral lesson into not obsessively digging into mysteries...

Edited by Kadrok

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I... NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THOSE EDITED POSTS.

Still, being Lamespren, they can't have been that good, but still...

Wait, hold on a moment... I FOUND SOME! She deleted them, but someone had quoted them before she had.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4933-red-stars/#entry81071

Ete'ni, on 23 Dec 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:snapback.png

red sun was on Scadria. though not before lord ruler

Ete'ni, on 23 Dec 2013 - 1:07 PM, said:snapback.png

Nope, read again. In Lord Ruler's era sun is hot and it's light is red. at least raged Kelsier's face color was like sunlight or red. In AoL... It's whatever, Wax looks at trees, Wayne... usually he looks at Wax and other people.

You can see red sun in winter at dawn. So?

Ete'ni, on 24 Dec 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:snapback.png

While you were busy downvoting my posts, I ask a friend of mine about our yellow sun and about a red star. Well, the answer was fascinating: when our yellow sun become red, humanity will probably live on a satellite of Saturn, Titan. And science has no idea, how our red sun will look to our eyes. That will mostly depend on atmospere.

Well, I'm disapointed with you, but that doesn't matter.

And from another topic

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4918-originators/page-2#entry81004

Ete'ni, on 21 Dec 2013 - 3:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Well, he restored people to how they were originally supposed to be. I understand that in total sense. Those eunuch were such by force, not by choice. Wouldn't it be cruel just leave them at that? Like they wake up seeing the world renewed and they are still their old selves?

Ouch...

Ete'ni, on 22 Dec 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:snapback.png

The matter is human beings get used to better things really fast. It's worsening conditions that is difficult to get used to. And having a damaged feet, I'd say if someone healed me suddenly, I'd be very happy. I want to be able to dance and jump already.

As for Spook... Well, people needed sign for him to be the leader like a natural choice. they had it. Made it easier for things to happen. Remember kindly that leader doesn't need to ask, he can order people.

Ete'ni, on 23 Dec 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Muahaha... No guys, things don't work like that. It's the leader's task to decide and those are orders. I'm sorry, hard times bring hard measures. No offence, but if you try to please everyone, you'll end up doing nothing.

In conclusion, Ete'ni was... a twelve year old girl who cannot comprehend that other people may disagree with her viewpoints. If you want to find more, go to her Profile, head to the Reputations section, then open any of those pages, press Control+G, then type Ete'.

Edited by TenzinKendrick

Okay, I think we're done here. Ete'ni is gone, there's no way to know how or why. She left of her own accord, we don't need to speculate about her character or reasons for doing so. I'm gonna lock this topic now, because there's no real need for any more discussion here. Thanks! :)