favorite quotes!

Allomancy

15 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Um... 

H-how? Waht? I... I do not understand and this makes me uncomfortable.

He corrected himself, saying it was creepy, but still. He then put up a picture from Black Swan (none of the movie's racier scenes; just a picture of Natalie Portman in the role) and said "This is my idea of a screensaver." I just….I don't know why he cares so much. 

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

He corrected himself, saying it was creepy, but still. He then put up a picture from Black Swan (none of the movie's racier scenes; just a picture of Natalie Portman in the role) and said "This is my idea of a screensaver." I just….I don't know why he cares so much. 

That's... odd. Does he work in very close proximity to you?

14 hours ago, bleeder said:

That's... odd. Does he work in very close proximity to you?

The computers in question are all part of one big, shared desk, and while everyone has a computer they prefer, they're all shared. Which kind of explains why he'd feel some ownership over those computers, but the fact that he seems to think he's the Computer Desktop Police is still a bit over-the-top. 

There's a great quote I read in a Transformers comic. Of course, being a comic book, it requires 50+ some issues if continuity to make sense. :P So:

In an issue of Transformers, Megatron was fighting Optimus Prime, and declared this:

Because in the final analysis, I would happily wade across a river or corpses, chest-deep in rust and grease and engine oil, just to crush the spark of the last Autobot standing. And I would not do so simply as a means to an end. No. I'd do it, Prime, because it would give me pleasure.

Flash forward fifty or so issues...and Megatron is trying to reform. He's renounced his former ways and joined the Autobots. When quizzed on his motives, he references the above speech, and says:

And the thing is, when those words were in my head I didn't think I meant them; but when they left my mouth, I realized that I did. If the world thinks you're a monster, what does it matter? The world is wrong. But when you start to think of yourself as a monster...

Edited by Quiver

From The Well of Ascension:

The Terriswoman snapped her bonds, and the ropes dropped to the floor. "Uh, Vin?" Elend said, beginning to wonder about the logic of meeting with this woman. "Perhaps it's time you came in."

"She's not actually there," the Terriswoman said offhandedly, walking forward. "She left a few minutes ago to do her rounds. That is why I let myself be caught."

"Um, I see," Elend said. "I'll be calling for the guards now."

Edited by Sunbird