Order of the Stick

Order of the Stick  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender do you think Varsuvius is?

2. 2. Which Order Member is your Favorite?

Just found this thread - good to see other 17th Sharders are OOtS fans too. :-)

I've never played D&D, so it has been fun learning all the jargon (XP, NPC, etc.) as well as enjoying the story.

I'm waiting for Belkar to join the current fight. IMO the real Durkon has to reappear soon - this vampire thing has been going on for quite a while.

Do you think we'll we ever find out what the "monster" under the pink kitty umbrella is?

Just found this thread - good to see other 17th Sharders are OOtS fans too. :-)

I've never played D&D, so it has been fun learning all the jargon (XP, NPC, etc.) as well as enjoying the story.

I'm waiting for Belkar to join the current fight. IMO the real Durkon has to reappear soon - this vampire thing has been going on for quite a while.

Do you think we'll we ever find out what the "monster" under the pink kitty umbrella is?

Yep, I'm over Durkula.  Come on, Belkar!  Is now your time to go out in a blaze of shoeless glory?

We will; Rich has said as much.  He has plans for exactly what the Monster in the Darkness is and does, but I expect we won't see it until the end of Book 7.  So it's gonna be a few more years.

Where's a sexy shoeless god of war when you need one?

Actually, I'm very curious how this fight will be resolved. Belkar dropping in out of the blue might seem Deus ex Machina-ey, especially since (as far as we know) he's still alive, so he can't get through the Anti-Life Sheel anyway...

Ooooh - what about Crystal? Is there a way for her to show up? She's not alive, though her focus is pretty much just Haley.

Also, IIRC, whatever is inhabiting Durkon is/was a shaman, but since he's there as Thor's representative, maybe there will be some kind of technicality that will get him booted out?

Or maybe Thor himself can solve the problem. Wasn't he chatting with Hel when Durkon died still praying to him? -  so this whole thing is knid of his fault.

Really hoping for a new strip this week. :-)

Monday morning & 1012 is up.

Looks like some of your guesses were spot-on!

I'm thinking, though - Durkon was Thor's cleric, but Durkula is actually there representing Hel.

So Thor still could send a representative, right? ... and break the tie? He'd probably want to do it just to thward Hel.

Better yet, our own Durkon is [1] not alive, [2] already inside the antilife shell, and [3] would surely be happy to cast Thor's No vote.

I'm thinking it's time for the real dwarf to come forth. :-)

[* Edited to get rid of auto-symbols when I wanted ordinals...]

Edited by old aggie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say that the stick-a-paults proved faulty, seeing as how they were made of investiture and cookies.

...GiantIP may have gotten away with stick-breaking this time, but we will have revenge...

But it wasn't Stick.  It was his eeeevil alter-ego, NecromancyStick.

In case anyone didn't already know...

The most recent comic, "Mark of Distinction," is a tribute to a member of the Giant in the Playground forums who passed away in 2013. Rich Burlew asked this member's wife whether there was anything he could do, and she told him that her husband had always wanted to see a walk-in character with his screen name in an Order of the Stick comic.

This member went by the name Wrecan. He was, among other things, known for starting a massive project to count the number of strips every single OotS character appeared in, which is why the comic version of him apparently "likes counting things" enough to leave notes in the margins keeping track of how often different legacy bearers are mentioned.

Just thought you'd all want to know who this strip was a tribute to.

I admit, I didn't know that.

(To be honest, I thought the counting things was just a side character quirk, possibly like...uh...that kid in Elantris whose name I can never remember).

This adds a new dimension to Roy's "Wish I had known you better" line though...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it's been in universe since the Pyramid blew up? I'm trying to figure out how long Xykon's been at the last gate, since he teleported directly there.

I'm really not sure.  That'd be a good question to search for/ask on the GitP forums.