This is a fansite. Not a critic board

I don't think you should keep your thought to yourself. You should just organize them better.

Look at you first, welcoming post: Way of the Kings is everything that I wanted It is easy to read, easy to understand. Everybody knows what you want to say in it and you use proper grammar.

Another nice example of a topic you made: What Brandon Sanderson has taught us. Another topic, when we know what you wanted to say. A place where we can share what we have learned from Brandon's books. That's good.

Now, let's see what this community didn't take too well. In particular those 3 topics:

These are the topics that made many people wonder "What does this guy has in mind?". You mix types of metallic arts users, Surgebinders are mentioned in one thread, then you write something about Lightweavers, that are actually a type of Surgebinders and then throw in some other names. Generally, those post were very chaotic. First, we don't know what you wanted to say in them. Secondly, your use of grammar got worse, you used "r" instead of "are", etc. Thirdly, why post 3 topics that are so much similar and not one?

See, when you made topics that were clear and well phrased, you received some up votes and people were nice. When you posted something chaotic, that hardly anybody understood, the atmosphere got bad.

Maybe just try to focus more on quality of what you write and contribute to this site, so we can actually appreciate your ideas, thanks to understanding them? I'm sure, judging by your first topic, where you introduced yourself, that you can write like everybody else.

Edited by Mestiv

Guys. I regret coming to this site unfortunately. Entering Brandon Sanderson's world was amazing but.... seems like I should keep my thoughts to myself. Please don't say anything if you have nothing good to say :(

Dude, I apologize for being condescending in advance. Your profile says you're 13 years old. If that's your true age, take this as a well-meaning, if arrogant, advice from someone who's a little older than you. This kind of passive-aggressive behavior is not going to take you far in your relationships. If something's bothering you, just say so.

And you're being unfair. The whole point of this community is sharing your thoughts with others. No one is going to give you crap for doing so. But other people are also entitled to their opinions, which they are also here to share. Try to see things from their perspectives a little. If you still don't agree with them, don't let it affect you this much. We're all just random strangers on the Internet.

You should stick around. You are definitely welcome here.

I don't think you should keep your thought to yourself. You should just organize them better.

Look at you first, welcoming post: Way of the Kings is everything that I wanted It is easy to read, easy to understand. Everybody knows what you want to say in it and you use proper grammar.

Another nice example of a topic you made: What Brandon Sanderson has taught us. Another topic, when we know what you wanted to say. A place where we can share what we have learned from Brandon's books. That's good.

Guess you r all right. Maybe I should give my 'types of people/profession' thing another shot but do it in one post where everyone will be able to understand it sorry if I seemed a bit childish....

Now, let's see what this community didn't take too well. In particular those 3 topics:

These are the topics that made many people wonder "What does this guy has in mind?". You mix types of metallic arts users, Surgebinders are mentioned in one thread, then you write something about Lightweavers, that are actually a type of Surgebinders and then throw in some other names. Generally, those post were very chaotic. First, we don't know what you wanted to say in them. Secondly, your use of grammar got worse, you used "r" instead of "are", etc. Thirdly, why post 3 topics that are so much similar and not one?

See, when you made topics that were clear and well phrased, you received some up votes and people were nice. When you posted something chaotic, that hardly anybody understood, the atmosphere got bad.

Maybe just try to focus more on quality of what you write and contribute to this site, so we can actually appreciate your ideas, thanks to understanding them? I'm sure, judging by your first topic, where you introduced yourself, that you can write like everybody else.

Dude, I apologize for being condescending in advance. Your profile says you're 13 years old. If that's your true age, take this as a well-meaning, if arrogant, advice from someone who's a little older than you. This kind of passive-aggressive behavior is not going to take you far in your relationships. If something's bothering you, just say so.

And you're being unfair. The whole point of this community is sharing your thoughts with others. No one is going to give you crap for doing so. But other people are also entitled to their opinions, which they are also here to share. Try to see things from their perspectives a little. If you still don't agree with them, don't let it affect you this much. We're all just random strangers on the Internet.

You should stick around. You are definitely welcome here.

Yeah, stay. I was the dumbest newbie ever once, but I learned how this site, and the Cosmere works. Nobody blames you for that.

Guess ur all right lol. I'll give it another shot but maybe not tonight,

Edited by WeiryWriter

I don't think that I have anything too much to add that wasn't already touched on in this topic. Clear, well-written topics and posts, that add to the discussion are always something to be strived for. On the other hand, I'd ask that everyone have a little patience with new members. We were all there at one point or another. I know that one of my earliest topics is an absolutely cringeworthy rehash of what others had previously said with very little original ideas of my own. It takes some time to get the hang of forums, especially if this is your first. Helpful comments and questions are the way to go there, or if you really don't have time, clicking Report and typing a quick explanation lets the mods know that someone may need some help with forum guidelines or style.

Thanks everyone, I think this topic is done. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to get in touch with me or another staff member. :)