Mandamon

Alpha Readers Thread

86 posts in this topic

I have some time to do another alpha read, especially if someone is looking to do a swap. PM me if interested.

Quick reminder, however, to be sure to do a few crits on the board before getting into the alpha stuff. Critiquing is hard to do, and hard to read on your own work. Getting a feel for the community and how we work can be very beneficial in helping interpret critique feedback. 

Hey, guys, new here. If anyone has any tips or tricks on how and where to begin, great, and if not, I'll just creep around until I figure it out. :)

Yeah, what aero said, and message @Silk when you want to submit, as you'll need to be added to the email circulation list, but also post in the Submissions thread, so that we can see you request, in case there are any hiccups.

Welcome to Reading Excuses @shadowkissed :) 

I'm putting feelers out for an eventual alpha read of TWD. Likely a month or so away, and looking for alpha, not beta read. Anyone want to do an alpha swap in about a month?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'm putting the finishing touches on a manuscript that I hope to have finished later this week.  It's an urban fantasy about people who hang out with the (un)dead in an abandoned tram depot.  Current length is under 35k words.

Would anyone be willing to give it an alpha read?  I can do a swap if anyone's interested.  Hoping to get alpha feedback by the end of June, as I'm also going to be hearing back from my local writing group's alpha read by that time.

Edited by Kuiper

Hey @Kuiper, good to see you back on. You have my attention :) I'm interested. I'm not quite ready myself, but I'd be interested in doing a swap if you'll give me a credit for mine when it's ready? I'm thinking it will be a month or so.

@Robinski Certainly!  I'll shoot you a PM when the draft is ready (aiming for tomorrow).

Cool beans.

@Robinski I'd be happy to do a full read for yours, too, when you're ready. 

That's very good of you considering you've just finished it!! Thank you, @kais :)