Hiding from Epics

mirahound

Other people prepare for zombies. We prepare for epics.

I'd hide out somewhere noisy, crowded, bright and full of people I don't know. I'd lay false trail to a bookstore, though.

My plan for both is actually pretty similar. And there's only one person who knows most of it so as long as they're not an Epic then I'll be good. And if they are then I guess I'm dead. Ideally though I'd be the one who's an Epic because I already have a plan for how to get myself trapped if I'm either an Epic or zombie so hopefully someone will trap me long enough for my Rending to end and then I can work on becoming Redeemed.

And in the meantime I will channel my Epic selfishness into amassing the best library ever. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Even if i was caught off-guard, all one has to do against an average epic is throw crap in their way and run. If i did know, though, I would likely take out the stairs with an axe after getting a crapload of food supplies from downstairs to upstairs and wait out the days. Let the reckoners do the dirty work.

My sister would probably become the epic, and she'd probably hunt me down pretty quick, considering I have a good guess at her weakness.

Honestly, my survival would likely depend on what powers she had. There's a place about a quarter mile from my house, but that would only be a short term solution.

Yeah, I'd probably die. Horribly.

Edited by Thermophile

What would you do if one of their Epic powers was being able to locate anything. So... Voidus is 500km that way. Then all your plans would be worth basically zilch.

What would I do? Assuming they don't have the above mentioned power, I'd probably go to the Airport. They've tightened security there ever since Islamic State has supposedly become a threat.

Depending on how much money I had, I might then board another flight and move as far away as possible.

Edited by Ookla the Incalculable

• 5 weeks later...

Or maybe I'll just stay in Philly as a 76ers fan.

Representing that 1-30 record  :(

Knowing Epics, they'd be too sadistic to put me out of my misery.

Edit: The 76ers are actually 1-30, not 1-29 like I had said.

But at this point, I could probably just put 1-whatever, and they'll get there.

Edited by Patrick Star

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had to necropost this, it was just too good

If one of my family members became an epic I'd be off pretty good if it were one of my siblings, especially Reed as he has no sense whatsoever. I'd probably chop off my hair, dye it, buy colored eye lenses, get all the essentials (food, water, books, notebooks, pencils, and like $60), get as far away as possible (probably somewhere cold because my family knows I can't stand the cold for too long), find an orphanage (I'm twelve) and hide there and hope they don't find me until I am an adult.