Anyone have any info from ConnectiCon?

Kurkistan

Brandon apparently had signings and Q&A's and whatnot, but I can't find even the smallest tidbit of information from any of it. Was all information sucked into a black hole shortly after the convention, or is it just the sad case that no one on any fan websites or youtube posted anything? :(

Edited by Kurkistan

I spent the weekend stalking Brandon Sanderson (AND GOT TO DRAFT WITH HIM IT WAS AWESOME YAY! [he slaughtered me]) and will try and add anything I gleaned from his Q&A's and assorted questions I heard asked or asked myself:

~ The Soulcaster's gem arrangement was inspired by a 2-pupiled eye (not sure if will be relevant to lore or not)

~ Nicrobursts can only effect the allomantic abilities of twinborn (He followed up by saying THIS MAY CHANGE if he needs it to)

~ The prologues for the first 5 WoK books are the events of the king's death from the perspective of 5 different characters (He read the prologue to WoK 2 at the Q&A. It will be from Jasnah's perspective

~Were Odium to shatter Harmony, we would NOT get Ruin and Preservation back but instead would get smaller pieces.

~And there was a short reading from his working sequel to alloy

I know people were taking videos at the con. Not sure if anyone posted to youtube. I am trying to get in contact with them again to see if I can get them posted

Edited by Soother

~ The prologues for the first 5 WoK books are the events of the king's death from the perspective of 5 different characters (He read the                           prologue to WoK 2 at the Q&A. It will be from Jasnah's perspective

Man, that's an incredible idea. I remember Szeth wondering where Jasnah was, during that scene. Did you hear the reading yourself? Also, what's up with that gap?

Thanks Soother! I was feeling all sad before :(

To clarify the Nicroburst comment, you mean that If Nick the Nicroburster tries to Nicro Frank the Ferring (or full Feruchemist, just no allomancy), it won't do anything as of now?

I can't say I'm enthused about this news on the prolouge. Granted I haven't read it yet and it is Brandon, but I do not have positive associations with retreading the same ground from different perspectives. . . Crossroads. . . *shudder*

That being said, I'm willing to give it a shot, and if worst comes to worst it will only be a minute fragment of each book.

Edited by Kurkistan

To clarify the Nicroburst comment, you mean that If Nick the Nicroburster tries to Nicro Frank the Ferring (or full Feruchemist, just no allomancy), it won't do anything as of now?

It would seem so at present. The question I asked was more specific to twinborn with allomantic and feruchemical aptitudes in the same metal using both halves at the same time, but I would assume this would likely be the case too. 

Also, what's up with that gap? 

Sorry. was trying to space it nice and it didnt work too well

I remember Szeth wondering where Jasnah was, 

She was hiring an assassin to watch someone.

Brandon never fails to amaze me, The idea of telling the assassination of Gavilar from five different points of view? That is so awesome. I would think that we will see dalinar's drunken perspective in his book. Might we see gavilar's own POV? Darn, I'm now looking forward to SAs 3, 4 and 5...

Got ahold of the person shooting video. She is editing them before she posts them. should be a few days

I want that Jasnah POV!

The excerpt he read from the sequel to Alloy of Law was hilarious. Hope someone took a video. Wax planning his wedding

Edited by Soother

Got ahold of the person shooting video. She is editing them before she posts them. should be a few days

Good news. I was about to petition Management for a few dozen spikes, to increase fandom in Connecticut, as a precaution against any further readings going unrecorded. Now the spikes can be saved for making more Catquisitors.

Regardless of our current luck, I am concerned that dark days may be ahead in terms of info from signings and whatnot. The WoT fandom was a huge resource, and we just don't have the numbers they did.

Perhaps, Kurk. But I assure you, everything in Utah County will be recorded and reported. I'll take care of that personally. I just need to get a recording device first. I like my phone too much to part with it for a few hours during Q&As... :-)

And on topic, I think that prologue idea is genius, and I cannot wait to read all 4 or 5 of them. However, I doubt Gavilar will get one. Do you think Sadeas will?

Edited by little wilson

~ The prologues for the first 5 WoK books are the events of the king's death from the perspective of 5 different characters (He read the prologue to WoK 2 at the Q&A. It will be from Jasnah's perspective

Woohoo! I guessed correctly (2.5 years ago).: http://twg.17thshard.com/index.php?topic=8063.msg175235#msg175235

But I didn't realize it would be 5 different PoVs.  Except here I said "other characters" (implying multiple), so I think he must have said that as well originally.

Edit: My guesses for the remaining three are (least likely)Elhokar, Navani, Dalinar, (more likely)Sadeas, Gavilar, and (most likely)Shalash.

Edited by Cheese Ninja

Regardless of our current luck, I am concerned that dark days may be ahead in terms of info from signings and whatnot. The WoT fandom was a huge resource, and we just don't have the numbers they did.

True, so it will be harder to get all the details. But on the flipside it will be far more focused on cosmere stuff, so in theory we should get more from each one that we do get.

Anyway. Yay. Thankyou Soother. =)

Edited by lord_Ffnord