Could Megan access the cosmere

Fallen Rope

Disclaimer: I know Steelheart isn't cosmere.

This is just a crazy idea idea I thought of. After she reincarnates, Megan can draw objects out of other universes or "possibility" universes. The cosmere is a universe, so Megan could draw stuff out of it. So it is possible for Hoid to appear in The Reckoners.

When Megan talks about Firefight (The parallel universe her/him) she says that the things she draws through might keep the laws from their universe, so powers from the cosmere could work in the reckonerverse, so it is possible to have coinshots in Newcargo. :)

Edited by Fallen Rope

Maybe, but from all we've seen so far, Megan can only draw elements from universes directly parallel to her own. All of the universes she's drawn from so far have been Earth-based--and I think that if she were capable of bringing shadows of aliens into Newcago, Steelheart would've had her do so and begun a quest to see where these aliens were located. So I think she can only access alternate Earths along the same timeline.

...and I think that if she were capable of bringing shadows of aliens into Newcago, Steelheart would've had her do so and begun a quest to see where these aliens were located.

Eh, maybe. Steelheart doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would care overly much as long as they weren't a threat. He didn't seem to care about other Epics beyond his territory, nor did he endorse any scientific research or exploration by his city's people. I don't think he'd have cared about aliens so long as they stayed in their universe and didn't bother him.

Eh, maybe. Steelheart doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would care overly much as long as they weren't a threat. He didn't seem to care about other Epics beyond his territory, nor did he endorse any scientific research or exploration by his city's people. I don't think he'd have cared about aliens so long as they stayed in their universe and didn't bother him.

Though how would he have known they weren't a threat unless he studied them at least a little? It wouldn't have to be a full-scale study; just enough to figure out their technology level and distance from Earth.

Though how would he have known they weren't a threat unless he studied them at least a little? It wouldn't have to be a full-scale study; just enough to figure out their technology level and distance from Earth.

Fair point. Though since as far as we know he never wanted to find out anything about the powerful Epics from the universes Firefight scried into, I still think he operated on the assumption that the shadows were harmless and wouldn't have worried about them unless given a good reason too.

Maybe, but from all we've seen so far, Megan can only draw elements from universes directly parallel to her own. All of the universes she's drawn from so far have been Earth-based--and I think that if she were capable of bringing shadows of aliens into Newcago, Steelheart would've had her do so and begun a quest to see where these aliens were located. So I think she can only access alternate Earths along the same timeline.

Going with this thought, 

as seen in Firefight, there is a male version of her that she often used as the front when she worked with steelheart.

Thus, because she can only draw elements from a 'directly parallel' dimension from herself, it would mean that in order to connect to the cosmere there would have to be a version of herself in the cosmere... right?

Disclaimer: I know Steelheart isn't cosmere.

This is just a crazy idea idea I thought of. After she reincarnates, Megan can draw objects out of other universes or "possibility" universes. The cosmere is a universe, so Megan could draw stuff out of it. So it is possible for Hoid to appear in The Reckoners.

I DON'T CARE IF THIS IS POSSIBLE OR NOT, I NEED DIS.

I think that if she were capable of bringing shadows of aliens into Newcago, Steelheart would've had her do so and begun a quest to see where these aliens were located. So I think she can only access alternate Earths along the same timeline.

Was that a Dr. Who reference?? :blink:

Could she access the cosmere?  I don't know.  

More importantly, could she access our universe?  Definitely.  

Never let your guard down.  You could be alternate Megan.  Any moment, you could be ripped from the comfort of our simple little world and thrust into a universe of danger and awesome power.  

Could she access the cosmere?  I don't know.  

More importantly, could she access our universe?  Definitely.  

Never let your guard down.  You could be alternate Megan.  Any moment, you could be ripped from the comfort of our simple little world and thrust into a universe of danger and awesome power.  

You say that like the cosmere isn't a part of our universe.  :ph34r: 

On topic I think it's possible certainly, Brandon said something similar about the cosmere potentially being a mirror world from the WoT.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 7:24 PM, Ark1002 said:

No, not possible. Plain and simple.

*feels the need to once again necro this*

As it happens, we do have a WoB that some theoretical epic who could access any universe could probably do it if you believe in infinite variety enough. Not Megan probably though.

Questioner

What are the chances that one of Megan's alternate realities could secretly be the cosmere, but we'll never see it?

Brandon Sanderson

Heh... Um, I would like to keep these two separate. But if you believe in infinite variety then I suppose...

Questioner

If I believe it hard enough! Okay, alright. But they're-- But they're meant to be separate.

Brandon Sanderson

They are meant to be separate. I will do other things with that-- within-- kind of that idea of multiple dimensions and things like that.

Questioner

In the Reckoners? In that world?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah.

source

18 hours ago, Kidpen said:

*feels the need to once again necro this*

As it happens, we do have a WoB that some theoretical epic who could access any universe could probably do it if you believe in infinite variety enough. Not Megan probably though.

How fun would it be if in Apocalypse Guard there was a dimensional Epic and they brought over stuff from Rithmatist, Alcatraz, Legion and even some non-Brandon stuff?

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

How fun would it be if in Apocalypse Guard there was a dimensional Epic and they brought over stuff from Rithmatist, Alcatraz, Legion and even some non-Brandon stuff?

“YOU BROUGHT IN JAR-JAR? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR OWN TEAMMATES?”

“We needed a distraction—“

“I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!”