The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

On 23.10.2017 at 0:29 AM, Vulcronos said:

Does Silver affect other Cognitive Shadows like it affects Threnody's Shades such as Spren, Returned, or Heralds or is Silver just a weakness peculiar to Ambition?

RAFO:

Strumienpola

Are all Cognitive Shadows outside of Threnody afraid of silver?

Brandon Sanderson

Read And Find Out on that one.
source

It's from 7 months ago, so you may want to try again.

Why do spren bound to humans and make them Radiants?

If someone would build a shield the same way Nightblood was built, and Awaken it with the command "Protect Life", or maybe "Protect Good", what would it be like? Would it be able to block Nightblood?

Does every invested creature produces a colour aura in Nalthis, like people with a lot of breath?

22 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Why do spren bound to humans and make them Radiants?

This one is basically a symbiotic relationship from what I understand. When spren bond with humans, spren gain sentience in the Physical Realm (you see this with Syl for example as she continues to gain more and more memories/understanding of where she is). In return, humans are granted surges as a part of the bond. 

One of the Listener Songs in WoR points towards this being the case.

The spren betrayed us, it’s often felt,
Our minds are too close to their realm.
That gives us our forms, but more is then,
Demanded by the smartest spren.
We can’t provide what the humans lend,
Though broth are we, their meat is men.

The spren bonds with the humans are special because humans are in the Physical Realm. The Cognitive Realm is the home of the spren, so the bond with humans allows them to manifest as a sentient being in the Physical Realm. 

My understanding of Bendalloy ferruchemy is that it allows one to store nutrition, so things like vitamins, for example.  but a lot of vitamins become toxic in large quantities, iron for example.  so I am assuming that a bendalloy ferruchemist would be able to ingest iron beyond the point where it would normally be toxic, provided they then stored it in a metalmind.  so my question given that they can store nutritious chemicals this way, would they be able to do the same thing with normally toxic ones?  could bendalloy ferruchemy be used to sap poisons out of one's system?

40 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

My understanding of Bendalloy ferruchemy is that it allows one to store nutrition, so things like vitamins, for example.  but a lot of vitamins become toxic in large quantities, iron for example.  so I am assuming that a bendalloy ferruchemist would be able to ingest iron beyond the point where it would normally be toxic, provided they then stored it in a metalmind.  so my question given that they can store nutritious chemicals this way, would they be able to do the same thing with normally toxic ones?  could bendalloy ferruchemy be used to sap poisons out of one's system?

Um, my understanding was actually that they could store calories, not necessarily vitamins.

1 hour ago, Brightlord Maelstrom said:

Um, my understanding was actually that they could store calories, not necessarily vitamins.

The Wiki says "Nutrition and Calories," but with the only source link being the AoL Ars Arcanum, we don't have enough information.

That also pertains to your question @Dunkum. We just don't know if that's how it works or not.

11 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

The Wiki says "Nutrition and Calories," but with the only source link being the AoL Ars Arcanum, we don't have enough information.

That also pertains to your question @Dunkum. We just don't know if that's how it works or not.

agree.  I haven't tried to look up WOB about it beyond what is in the wiki, so maybe there is something more out there on whether or nto nutrition can be stored.

7 hours ago, Dunkum said:

agree.  I haven't tried to look up WOB about it beyond what is in the wiki, so maybe there is something more out there on whether or nto nutrition can be stored.

near as I can tell, there aren't any. Kurkistan and Argent got too interested with Bendalloy Allomancy(Speed Bubbles), so we never actually asked any Feruchemical questions about it

• 2 weeks later...

Would the metal components of a fabrial resist an allomantic push? (i.e. is the metal invested?)

On 10/22/2017 at 6:29 PM, Vulcronos said:

4. Can shardblades kill Shades on Threnody?

25. Are the Personalities Shallan makes similar to Essence Marks and are they changing your Identity in a spiritual sense?

In my opinion these two are the most interesting of the ones you listed.

Edited by ccstat

I tend to see most fabrials as electric circuits, where Stormlight flows from the gem-battery to the other parts, so according to this theory, it would resist allomancy as long as it was connected to a gem with Stormlight.

About 25, I got the impression that Shallan's illusions was more of a self-hypnotism, so I don't believe it is capable of changing her in the spiritual level. Maybe just in the cognitive level, temporarily. It is somewhat similar to Essence Marks, because they also work in the cognitive level. 

Spiking.

Can I stacks pikes?  For example, if I spike Allomantic Pewter out of a Thug, I get a quantity of Allomantic Pewter power equivalent to that thugs power that can be spiked into someone.  Provided I spike it into the person soon after creation, so that it does not decay.  This spike is now a pewter enhancement.

But what if I have five thugs and one spike.  Can I spike the pewter out of Thugs A through E on the same spike, to have one spike that grants the approximate Pewter power of A+B+C+D+E as an enhancement?  Or does that not work, because the spike takes a piece of the soul, not the power, and souls don't stack like power could?