What are you playing right now?

On 2/25/2018 at 1:37 AM, Briar King said:

I’m about 36 hrs of playtime into it. Couldn’t say what my progress completion is but I just opened up the 3rd area. Most of that 36 hrs is just playing expedition and learning weapons and I’m still only picking up a mere fraction of combat. Been so dang fun though. This was a horrible start that turned into a true gem.

You have a couple more missions before you open up the fourth area. Then you'll have a string of involved cut- scenes with your favorite handler!

I got Pokemon Moon for Christmas two years ago and played for a bit, but I could never really get into it. My favorite Pokémon games are Diamond/Pearl/ with Ruby/Sapphire close behind. I had fun with X and Y, and OR/AS were worse than R/S, but Hoen’s great! I just couldn’t do Moon. It was just not fun to play. I don’t know why I had Exp. Share on, but that’s beside the point. 

The point is that I just recently looked into Nuzlocke! So yeah, I’m going to play Pokémon Moon basic Nuzlocke! Wish me luck!

I’ll probably put some updates on my own profile every once in a while. If I can find a specific Nuzlocke thread I’ll definitely update there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ilythyrra said:

Overwatch Archives event.

I like the event, but my team always makes me soo angry... why is it a good idea to trigger the heavy special while fighting the assassin...:angry: 

Also, super hyped for dark souls remastered

Edited by Snipexe

3 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I like the event, but my team always makes me soo angry... why is it a good idea to trigger the heavy special while fighting the assassin...:angry: 

Also, super hyped for dark souls remastered

Yeah, I can't even beat it on hard because the rein keep droping his shield in uprising to dash all across the map when his team is right next to him and dead.  happened 3 times in a row with three different reins, then one time my entire group just left the game on me and I was all by myself as mercy.  to make it worse, that was normal and we were doing good, but they bounced anyway. GG

Until last weekend, I was attempting a 100% achievement run on Skyrim SE, but then it started to get buggy, with regular crashes, so I tried it with a few mods. Not bad, some nice mod additions to the game, but disabled achievements, so I thought 'sod that.'

On Saturday I bought Witcher 3, and despite a disappointing start, I have discovered it is a thoroughly enjoyable game. When compared to Skyrim though, I do feel that Witcher is slightly less immersive, which I think is down to the variety of activities you have to do in Skyrim, which you don't get in Witcher. On the plus side though, Witcher 3 actually has a little side game which interests me, unlike pretty much every other RPG minigame out there  - Gwent. It's a card game which does involve collecting cards to build your deck, but once that is out of the way, it's actually pretty fun.

@Kidpen - KotOR, great game, as is the sequel.

Elderscrolls online.  Started over a few weeks ago when I picked up the morrowind expansion.  Also have the next expansion on pre order.  Mainly just doing side quests.

• 2 weeks later...

Started trying my hand at Dwarf fortress and yes it is just as complicated as they say although the Newb pack certainly helps. I had to abandon my first fortress after the frame rate hit rock bottom and I couldn't really do anything but I've had more success with my second one since I've killed all unnecessary animals and set my population cap lower. I have yet to encounter a mega beast but forgotten beasts keep crawling out of the depths every couple of years or so. But I'm not too worried about them since my fortress champion destroyed the latest one with a single hit, even better he did it in copper armor.

Right now I am pretty into Ark: Survival Evolved. My wife set us a our own server and its pretty fun. Kids are excited about Stardew Valley multiplayer so have been doing that a bit to. Also thinking about getting back into Witcher 3 I still haven't completed Blood and Wine DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished beating Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII and boy was it good. It was such a sad game but filled with lots of hope for everyone you save.

Since it was a grand finale I would've liked if some of the other minor characters showed up in new roles like all the main characters, and Chocolina of all people, did during the game.

I also liked the fight against Bhunivelze, the antagonist and god of the FFXIII world. He fits with my ideas of deities in that if they are jerks or This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rulesholes then they don't deserve to rule over mankind and should be put down, but his motivation and attitude was changed when done for the western audience since in Japanese he only fights Lightning because he develops a complex of 'you will be destroyed for defying me but I don't want to kill you because I love you' while in English he was changed into a western depiction of a god being 'righteous' and 'knowing what's best' for us. Pretty much his evil plan was to save those still living, give a permanent death to the souls of those who are dead and bring the living to a new world. What makes that evil is that killing souls makes it so the person never existed and the living forget they ever existed. Could you imagine never remembering those you love that have passed on? And this is a world where souls get reborn all the time so it's the entire history of those souls being destroyed as a result.

E3 has some good showings. Nintendo conference was weak and could very well have been the worst conference at E3 I’ve ever seen.

being How only back in Nov I bought this $553 Xbone Scorpio that is a glorified dust collector I didn’t like hearing Phil Spencer saying they were working on the NextBox. I’m hoping atleast for a 2021 date if not longer. Ugh

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

Nintendo conference was weak and could very well have been the worst conference at E3 I’ve ever seen.

doesn't help that their CEO or whoever it was in that video of theirs has 0 charisma.  for that matter, the format of their video is pretty terrible too:

guy talks for a while, with terribly delivered puns cut to unrelated ads for upcoming stuff cut back to same boring guy saying he is excited in a dull monotone cut to clips of a bunch of games that I don't see for long enough to get a real impression of, cut back to guy introducing other guy.  cut to new guy doing roughly the same thing but exclusively for smash bros.

smash bros looks cool and all, but the strategy of "include everyone we have ever used before" sounds desperate, and it certainly didnt warrant taking half the presentation.

Boo, I enjoy Nintendo Directs.  They do a handful of these throughout the year and no longer do the traditional live presentation.

Also as a long time Smash fan, the Smash Bros news was a big deal.  And Ridley has long been the #1 most requested and denied character so that was a nice surprise.  

As E3 presentations go there have been FAR worse.  Nintendo 2008 and Sony 2006 immediately come to mind.

Bought Persona 5 as it’s 40% off and I was craving an RPG. I must say at only like 4 hrs in I’m enjoying the hell out it. Some of the dialogue is wayyy to long to sit through and as of yet the save point/time is few and far between but other then that it’s been turn based heaven for me.