31 replies to this topic

#21 JadeGaiden

JadeGaiden

17th Sharder

• Members
  • 6 posts
Spren

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Well I would say Brandon is much more of a workaholic than most writers, so I REALLY hope SL 2 will be soon following, coming out around spring 2013. Having two books come out in the same year would be sweet!

Helluva great way to start the year. B)

#22 Vivenna

Vivenna

17th Sharder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Spren

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

That would be super awesome, I have to agree :D

#23 Altonahk

Altonahk

17th Sharder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Spearman

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

I have a feeling that it wont come out until ~Summer 2013... :unsure:

#24 LevenThumps

LevenThumps

17th Sharder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Bridgeman

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think that there is a good chance it will get released early-mid 2013. He seems to write his books pretty fast, which is great for all his fans.

EDIT: It's kind of amazing how far in the future he's planned all his books. If you add up the next 9 Stormlight Archive Books, next 6 books that make up the next 2 mistborn trilogies, the next 2 elantris books and the next warbreaker book, you get 18 books that he plans to right. He also has so many series he plans to write that he hasn't started yet.

Edited by KChan, 04 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.
Doublepost

#25 KChan

KChan

The Highprince of Stuff

• Administrators
  • 1,668 posts
Envisager

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Last I heard, it was more like a summer release date. However, with AMoL coming out when it is, I think it's reasonable to believe that SA2 might be pushed back as well. Yes, Brandon is a prolific writer, but there's more to publishing than actually writing the book. There's the whole editing process to go through, typesetting, illustrations/cover art, publicity, actual manufacturing time, and book tours to be considered.

Plus, you know. The fact that he's a human being and not a robot. ;)

Posted Image
Mistborn: The Inquisition RPG

Posted Image

KChan: The Finagler, First of the Worldbringers, The Lady Prelan, Chief Apprentice Soulcaster, Intrepid Reporter, QuoteMonkey to the Lord Ruler, The Official Unofficial Community Secretary, Defeater of the Internet, The Photographer, Supreme Dragonwasp, The Highprince of Stuff

#26 nikomis

nikomis

The Alloy of Silly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Ardent

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Plus, you know. The fact that he's a human being and not a robot. ;)

Are we sure?

#27 lyssie95

lyssie95

An Unnofficial Trademark of 17thShard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Prelan

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Are we sure?

Well we know dan wells is a cylon...
(un)Official Participant in the Discovery of The Epic God Metal(s)* by Shivertongue
*May contain salt

#28 Altonahk

Altonahk

17th Sharder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Spearman

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well we know dan wells is a cylon...

Wasn't there a Writing Excuses episode in which he reveled that he was an evil cyborg from the future, who then killed the weaker, inferior version from the present time?

#29 lyssie95

lyssie95

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Prelan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Wasn't there a Writing Excuses episode in which he reveled that he was an evil cyborg from the future, who then killed the weaker, inferior version from the present time?

Lol, yeah! It was on the First Five Seasons cd (which I just happen to have loaded in its entirety on my phone)

Writing Excuuses season two episode 632: Now that we have Time Travel, what do we do with it?
(un)Official Participant in the Discovery of The Epic God Metal(s)* by Shivertongue
*May contain salt

#30 lyssie95

lyssie95

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Prelan

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hey does anyone know if The Rithmatist is still on for publication this year? I remember reading somewhere a while back that Tor would be releasing it in 2012 after AMoL... but AMoL is supposed to be 2013 now. So is Rithmatist still coming out in 2012?
*May contain salt

#31 Joe ST

Joe ST

Canton of Illegibility

• Global Moderators
  • 1,658 posts
Stormwarden

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hey does anyone know if The Rithmatist is still on for publication this year? I remember reading somewhere a while back that Tor would be releasing it in 2012 after AMoL... but AMoL is supposed to be 2013 now. So is Rithmatist still coming out in 2012?

I asked the exact same to Peter, and he said

It was pulled from the schedule, but it could possibly get put back on. Or it could come out next year.
Legion [comes out] sometime this summer or fall.

#32 lyssie95

lyssie95

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Prelan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

I asked the exact same to Peter, and he said

Thanks!
Sounds like a fun book, but prolly better off for my wallet if another awesome book comes out this year
*May contain salt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users