Red and Gold

While going through Warbreaker again something occurred to me.  

At the end of AoL when Miles is about to die he says: 'You are fools!  One day, the men of gold and red, bearers of the final metal, will come to you.  And you will be ruled by them.'

I kept wondering what he meant by that.  I've heard a theory that it's referring to people from the other side of Scadrial, but not much else.

Then I started listening to Warbreaker again and it mentioned how each of the Halandren gods (except for the godking) has two colors, usually a color and a metallic, to represent them.  Before that point I wasn't paying attention to the metallic part, just to the color part.  I hadn't even realized that Lightsong was represented by Red and Gold.

I'm not saying there IS a connection here, just that there could be, and if there is a connection, I don't think there's enough evidence for me to feel confident trying to guess exactly what it is.

Just thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

Someone asked Brandon once if Miles' statement was similar in any way to the death cries of the Rosharans in Taravangian's care, and Brandon RAFOed it on the spot. This, combined with your statement about Lightsong, makes me wonder if there are other connections between the Shardworlds that haven't been explored yet.

Red and Gold?  Clearly Poke-men.

Oh thank god I was imagining Ronald McDonald terrorizing the people of Scadrial. Slowly bringing down the good people of Scadrial one Big Mac at a time... :ph34r:  

Something like this.... :mellow:

post-6829-0-93908600-1372385592_thumb.jp

Edited by Windborne Sword

Windborne Sword, on 27 Jun 2013 - 12:05, said:

I'm sorry if I gave someone nightmares last night with that picture.

The picture comes out as a broken link to me. I tried Firefox & Chrome both; it's just not there.

Chromium Compounder, did you ever see the movie "It"? I heard it helps immensely against fear of clowns. Worked like a charm for me.

PS: Dont watch it, I was scared of the dark for a couple nights... And i hate clowns now...

Getting back to the topic at hand... Lightsong's colours are Red and Gold, and Miles speaks of the men of Red and Gold... what's the timeline on this sort of thing, is there enough time between 'Warbreaker' and 'Alloy' that "The God who healed the God-king" could have become a legend? If enough time has passed, perhaps "The Men of Red and Gold" are a significant group on Nalthis, soon to discover Worldhopping and travel to Scadrial. Regardless of their intentions, I can see aliens from another planet with strange magics as being threatening to Miles and other Scadrians. What of the metal? Endowment's God-metal, a metallic manifestation of a distillation of the Tears of Edgli perhaps?

Just some crazy ideas.

This is quite possible. This then raises the question about how Miles would know of these Men of Red and Gold before their invasion. Possibly similar to the Rohsarian death cries. Maybe they live on Scadrial for quite some time (even setting up a cigar company) in an attempt to ingratiate themselves and start studying Allomancy and Feruchemy and Hemalurgy so as to bring the information (and perhaps even information about Allomancy and its metallic combinations with Atium and Lerasium that the people of Scadrial don't know) back to Nalthis to mount and invasion (presumably because their magic doesn't work on Scadrial so they use Hemalurgy to transplant Allomancy and Feruchemy into the Nalthians) using this metallic compound they have discovered to great effect. 

Holy S#!+ Odium. That wall of text could stop a million men lol. I read that out loud in one breath and I'm changing Color :blink:

On Topic: Has anyone every asked Brandon how many (in Cosmere) 17th Sharders there are? Just 3? 'Cause men of red and gold could be referring to Lightsong priests.

Oh BTW Odium. Lerasium alloys grant Misting abilities instead of Mistborn from our Lerasium

They also, somehow, have physical and enhancement effects.

My guess on lerasium alloys is that if you know what you're doing, it has the physical/enhancement thing.  If you don't know what you're doing, you become a misting (just like how becoming a mistborn is what happens when you don't know what you're doing with pure lerasium)

Gryffindor is on the march.

Sanderson is going to write a Harry Potter fanfiction and make the wizarding world part of the Cosmere. J.K Rowling is a shardholder. Naturally, he's going to include stricter laws into her magic system.  Sanderson got tired of Slytherin being the bad guys, hence it's not Green and Silver.

Kelsier is in Gryffindor and TLR is Slytherin. Hoid is busy trying to sneak into the forbidden section of the Hogwart's Library. He could even be Xenophilius Lovegood.

or maybe Red could represent blood. Hemalurgic Gold steals Feruchemical hybrid powers, that's health, determination, calories or breath. We know that Allomancy must be rare on the Southern Hemisphere, but Feruchemy and Hemalurgy could be popular.

Maybe the southern continent has an army of soldiers that rely on gold spikes to steal health and determination. That'd be scary.