Shadows of Self Tour

Titan Arum

TOR has released the dates and locations of Brandon's tour for Shadows of Self. I am saddened by the lack of love for east coast fans. I know I can't complain like all of the non-US fans, but after Philly was canceled this past winter during the Firefight tour, I was hoping he'd come back that way to make up for it!

Anyways, here's the list of dates and locations for the tour. I hope many west coast Sharders can make it!

Tuesday, October 6
BYU Bookstore – Midnight release!
Provo, UT  

SLC was what TOR had, thanks for correcting this guys!

Tuesday, October 6
Tattered Cover Bookstore @ 6 PM
Denver, CO

Wednesday, October 7
Murder by the Book @ 6:30 PM
Houston, TX

Thursday, October 8
Mysterious Galaxy @ 6 PM
San Diego, CA

Friday, October 9
Borderlands @ 12 PM to 3 PM
San Francisco, CA

Friday, October 9
Kepler’s Books @ 7:30 PM
Menlo Park, CA

Saturday, October 10
Powell’s at Cedar Hills Crossing @ 7 PM
Beaverton, OR

Monday, October 12
Barnes & Noble @ 7 PM
Oak Brook, IL

Tuesday, October 13
Schuler Books @ 7 PM
Lansing, MI

Wednesday, October 14
Brookline Booksmith @ 6 PM
Brookline, MA

Friday, October 16
Manchester-Deansgate Waterstones @ 6 PM
Manchester, England

Saturday, October 17
London Piccadilly Waterstones @ 2 PM
London, England

Monday, October 19
Shaftesbury Ave. Forbidden Planet @ 7 PM
London, England

Tuesday, October 20
Sheffield Waterstones @ 1 PM (Note, I assume it's at the Orchard Square location...)
Sheffield, England

Tuesday, October 20
Newcastle Waterstones (Technically at the Newcastle Mining Institute) @ 6:30 PM 
Newcastle, England

Wednesday, October 21
Edinburgh-West End Waterstones @ 6 PM 
Edinburgh, Scotland

Thursday, October 22
Leeds Waterstones @ 1 PM 
Leeds, England

Thursday, October 22
Nottingham Waterstones @ 7 PM 
Nottingham, England

October 23rd thru October 25

East Midlands Conference Centre and Orcahrd Hotel

Nottingham, England

Edited by Titan Arum

Lamenting that there aren't any UK/London side tours just yet :(, hope it is fun one folks!

He's actually going to be over in the UK right after the events above for GollanczFest 2015.  The events page on his website lists all the events that have thus far been announced.

Huh, well that's what I get for not checking the main site (or even realising the site publishes tour info) derp. My main fears were when he did do his tour over here was they'd be late in the year (november/december time) and i'd miss them due to being abroad but seeing as Gollancz is october, my joy skyrocketed ^^

Rachel and I will most likely be making the 6-hour trek up to Boston from Allentown for the Brookline one. I'm also a bit disappointed that there was no Philly make-up-date Titan Arum.

THAT SAID: The Moravian Bookshop (the oldest continually-operating bookshop in the world) is opening a second location here in Allentown (only about 4 blocks away from our house). Right now they are on-track to open in September. If that happens, I'm going to call in all of my favors and pull all of the possible strings to see if I can get them to stay open for a Shadows of Self midnight release party.

If that all works out, we will have a big Cosmere party here in Allentown the day of the release, with Cosmere-themed games, food and decorations, and then go have a fabulous line party.

If that doesn't work out, I'll try again for Bands of Mourning. Actually, I will try again for Bands of Mourning and every future Cosmere release from now on. If I have my way, I'm going to make Allentown the premiere destination for Cosmere release parties.

I'll let you know more as it gets closer, Titan Arum, and probably start some kind of thread to that effect. If anyone else wants me to specifically get ahold of them about this, pm me.

EDIT: Added the stuff about the Shadows of Self release party I'm hoping to organize.

Edited by AndrewStirlingMacDonald

• 3 weeks later...

tentatively flying to the portland signing- long time fan, but living in AK keeps us a little secluded at times... 

haven't been to a signing because of it, and not sure what the standard order of events is. I've been a watcher on the shard for a while, and have been down the rabbit hole that is the coppermind more times than i can count- but- does he have Q&A at each site? does he just sit there then have you go through the lines?

whats a standard schedule like? Thanks!

tentatively flying to the portland signing- long time fan, but living in AK keeps us a little secluded at times... 

haven't been to a signing because of it, and not sure what the standard order of events is. I've been a watcher on the shard for a while, and have been down the rabbit hole that is the coppermind more times than i can count- but- does he have Q&A at each site? does he just sit there then have you go through the lines?

whats a standard schedule like? Thanks!

The general format of a signing is he starts with a General Q&A period where he takes questions from the assembled crowd (these are usually the generic "What are you working on?"/"Movies?"/"How did you get started?") followed by a reading from something unpublished (for this tour it's going to be a chapter from Dalinar's flashbacks in Stormlight 3) and then a signing line where he can interact with people one-on-one while signing books (which is going to be a couple hours depending on where you are in line).  Some bookstores are pretty good at organizing the line so that people don't actually have to stay in the line for 2 hours and can go do stuff and come back (i.e. some give everybody a number and then just have people line up 50 at a time).