The Arrowverse

Quiver

I'll...hypothetically....watch them online...in another universe...I might not/I might have tried watching the new season of Flash online but the site i don't use hadn't quite uploaded it yet. Same with Arrow this week

Edited by ParadoxSpren

I just finished the Flash episode, due to classes causing me to pause it before it was over, and I'm excited for this season. 

Jay Garrick at the end was awesome and I'm excited to see what he'll be doing! I was hoping Henry would stick around, but this will definitely make it more interesting. I think he was right when the told Barry that he couldn't grow if he stuck around. The whole ten minutes of the episode near the end, but before the last five minutes when Henry talks to Barry honestly felt more like a season finale than a premiere, but the last five minutes threw the premiere part in pretty quick.

Yea, Flash episode was pretty good.  I'm really hoping that they use the upcoming multiple universe shenanigans as an excuse to give us more Tom Cavanaugh, because he was great last season.

Arrow...we'll see.  last season was a low point, but season 2 was fantastic, so i'll give them a few episodes, at least.  the premier was decent.  Though I was sick of whatever that Guitar Hero thing they were pushing was about 5 seconds into the first mention

I've been watching Flash as the first season just got added to netflix. It's okay, better than Agents of Shield so I am at least enjoying it, but it's....it's not fantastic.

I do plan on catching up on Arrow season three as soon as I finish Flash, hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

Do you guys in the UK get the premieres this week too? I'm currently watching the Flash and I'll be back when I'm done.

No idea. I watch them online, usually the day after they are broadcast in the US.

As for Arrow season 4, episode one...

I'm digging Thea as Speedy. A superhero for just a few months, and she is already more versatile than her brother. I mean, she even carries a sword. I think her 'This is awesome!' attitude at the start of the episode was great too.

I am not digging Digneto. That new hat of his looks ridiculous. He runs around with a gun, yet wears something that takes away all his peripheral vision.

Lance and Darhk. I hope they have a good explanation for why they are in bed together, since Lance is trying to save the city, and Darhk is trying to destroy it.

Random speculation as to who was in the grave in the Six Months Later flashforward...

My initial thought was Captain Lance, but now I'm leaning more towards either Thea, Lyla or Diggle. Probably Thea or Diggle due to Oliver's tears. I doubt it's Felicity as to Barry's lack of tears. That scene was also described as 'game changing' by Stephen Amell, so it must be a big one. I'm going to guess that we'll find out who it is around Christmas, during the mid season finale.

My vote is for Diggle.

Well, just saw the first episode of the Flash.

Eh, it was alright. I like how they handled Barry's survivors guilt; he obviously feels guilty about what happened Ronnie, but he responds to it in a different way than Ollie did to Tommy's death.

(...Though, frankly, I'll be surprised if Ronnie's death sticks. The trailers suggest that the worlds were connected by the Singularity, and we never saw his body. I suspect Ronnie is chilling on Earth-2 right now.)

Henry leaving at the end...is probably better for the show in the long run, but it's frustrating to see they deliberately ignore a big status quo change. Also, Henry? You are the Worst Dad. You miss out on 15 years, and skip town the day aafter?

(Worst might be an exaggeration. Malcolm and Ra's could be pretty bad, but still...)

Anyway, JAY. It rhymes with yay! Surprised he appeared so early, but as a big Earth-2 fan, I'm not complaining. Here's hoping he gets a decent amount of screentime this year!

Atom Smasher was okay, even if I'd have preferred keeping him alive. Haven made me a big fan of Adam Copeland/Edge, so I'd have liked to have seen more of him...

So, not the barnstorming opener I expected...but there's interesting stuff, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Finished the first season of Flash last night. It definitely improved after the first third of the season, and I really loved Joe and his relatinships with Barry and the rest of the cast. It just seemed so natural.

Guess I'll be picking up on Arrow season three now.

Arrow season four, episode one

Much better than Flash, in my opinion. It was basically a reboot for the show, which I don't mind. Oliver was great -Amell actually sell's his current state of mind really well, which I was a little surprised by, since I always thought he did the serious brooding stuff better. Felicity was alright too; that might sound like faint praise, but she really grated last year. 

Diggle... his suit did look better in motion, since it looked like there was a plastic panel that flipped in on the helmet sometimes? Still think it would have been better if it was a black covering, like a motorcycle helmet, but I suppose that would remove the chance for him to act, so...

Laurel was also fine; the scene with her saving the kid at the station was kinda awkward, but nothing that terrible.

THEA. THEA WAS AWESOME. I really, relly liked how they presented her, with her 'Everything is awesome!' attitude. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a plotline for her this year, in which case they set it up well. Only question is whether or not the attitude is a consequance of ehr resurrection, or if she's a straight up adrenaline junkie- after all, she was a drug user in season one. Superheroic's might just be her latest 'high'.

Also... they didn't show how Roy survived in the 'previously on Arrow' segment. That makes me feel like they aren't going to use him again which... is a shame. Colton Hayes was wasted last year. I think they did more with Thea in this one episode than they did with him all of last year... 

Also: 'A Red Arrow just means you can't turn left'.

THIS IS PERFECT, THANK YOU.

...oh, and Ollie's final speech was cool. Though i think it would have been more efefctive if he either dropped the Voice changer entirely, or if the audience at least heard the whole thing in Amell's normal voice. Jumping between the two was a little jarring.

As for the grave? I'm still thinking about it. Felicity is so hevaily eased that I can't believe they are actually going to do it; she seems like the most obvious red herring. I'm also very much hoping they don't kill Thea, since she seems like she has a cool story built up for this year... which leaves only a few options.

I can't comprehend how you could be more excited for Arrow season 4 than for Flash season 2.  it boggles the mind.  that said, season 4 is already looking better than season 3 was.  as long as they can maintain that trajectory, I'll be happy

It's not that I'm more excited for the season as a whole; I am a BIG multiverse fan, and an Earth-2 fan in general. But... Arrow's premiere this year was stronger, in my opinion. That's all.

Flash 2.3.

It's always fun seeing Captain Cold, and this week was no exception. This time, though, it is the whole Cold family - Captain Cold, Golden Glider, and Lewis Snart, their father who has quite a fondness for installing tiny bombs in people's heads.

Then we had the West family reunion (Or, at least, the build up to it - I guess it's going to happen next week). Joe apologising to Iris for telling her that her mother is dead, as opposed to a drugged up junkie who OD'ed, then ran away from rehab, and Iris finally growing up and figuring our her dad does some stupid things, but he means well.

I quite liked the interaction between Barry and Patty, and I look forward to seeing more of them in future. Also, I doubt I'm the only one hoping that Cisco and Lisa Snart end up getting together.

Then there is the Speed Cannon. Crazy idea that stabilizes the wormhole, and allows through a familiar face at the very end of the episode. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out, and exactly how many guns end up being pointed at Harrison Wells next week.

Finally, poor Professor Stein, suffering from Ronnie Raymond withdrawal. I like his funky new blue look though.

So far I am liking this season's villain on Arrow.  Ra's wasn't nearly as good as either Slade or Merlyn, but Darhk has been pretty great these past few episodes.  that gives me a lot of hope for the rest of the season.  well that and the fact that they've decreased a lot of the secret-keeping drama, which was often the worst part of the last few seasons (and Flash for that matter)

Two thirds done with Arrow season 3. Ya'll are definitely right, it's not as good. I have really enjoyed Thea and Roy this season though. Laura I still can't stand, same with Nyssa and Lance half the time. Felicity and Diggle have both been really boring/repetitive, and Oliver moves between fantastic and blehhhh.

Willa Holland, I love you girl :D

Flash 2.4. Enjoyable, if not the best episode out there.

So, Iris forgot to do one thing. "How do I contact my brother?" Whether or not she forgave her mother and invited her back into their lives, finding out about her brother should have been bigger news than more of an excuse to kick her mother out of town.

I like Jax and the introduction of the new Firestorm, although I do think it is a shame to see Professor Stein leave Star Labs. He had an interesting dynamic with most of the characters there.

Also, where was Jay? After last episode and "Oh, I can go home now, but I'll stay and help out," he just mysteriously disappears for this entire episode?

I also hope this isn't the last we've seen of Tokamak.

Finally, ScottLeft, if you like Thea in season 3, you'll love her in season 4 :)

Flash 2.4. Enjoyable, if not the best episode out there.

So, Iris forgot to do one thing. "How do I contact my brother?" Whether or not she forgave her mother and invited her back into their lives, finding out about her brother should have been bigger news than more of an excuse to kick her mother out of town.

I like Jax and the introduction of the new Firestorm, although I do think it is a shame to see Professor Stein leave Star Labs. He had an interesting dynamic with most of the characters there.

Also, where was Jay? After last episode and "Oh, I can go home now, but I'll stay and help out," he just mysteriously disappears for this entire episode?

I also hope this isn't the last we've seen of Tokamak.

Finally, ScottLeft, if you like Thea in season 3, you'll love her in season 4 :)

So really awesomely, my bunny ears are picking up CW right now, so I got to watch last night's episode. I had basically the same reaction as you, although I really loved the process of selecting Jax. I can't wait to see what the reveal is going to do to everybody. Is anybody else highly suspicious of Joe's new partner? (Can't remember her name at the moment)

Almost caught up on Arrow. And I think I agree with everyone else's reactions to the new season as well :)

Solid episodes of both Flash and Arrow this week, loved the role reversal going on in Arrow particularly, this series is just hitting so many more good notes than last series did for me.
Plus that cliffhanger at the end of Flash was good too.  :ph34r:

Solid episodes of both Flash and Arrow this week, loved the role reversal going on in Arrow particularly, this series is just hitting so many more good notes than last series did for me.

Plus that cliffhanger at the end of Flash was good too.  :ph34r:

That Flash cliffhanger was great, really interested to see where they go with it. Arrow has been so much better this season imo. I feel like its been more consistent, and Darhk has been an excellent villain so far. Terrifying, charismatic, and well acted. My only gripes so far are the flashbacks, which just haven't pulled me in yet, and Laurel, who I feel has regressed (which I didn't think possible). 

Just watched the latest episode of Arrow and while it was fairly slow, it was a good episode.

I'm not entirely sure why the new Arrow Cave is under the building they are basing Oliver's election campaign out of though. I mean, once the campaign is over, assuming he wins, won't the building be used for something else when Oliver moves into the mayor's house?

I'm loving the new dynamic between Oliver and Captain Lance. Three seasons and they are finally on the same page, plus Oliver's admission that Lance is most of the reason he is running for Mayor. Speaking of Lance, I thought he had some great lines this week. "What, do I not get a codename?" "I already have enough evidence to put you all away for 25 years... kidding."

Unfortunately, this episode is making me suspect it was Lance in the grave in the premiere.

Finally, who lobotomized Felicity? All of the freaky stuff pointing her towards Ray's last project, the 'password' that only she and Ray knew about, and the fact that she knew he was researching nano tech. How has she not figured it out yet?