Sasquan Spokane

Shardbearer

And what about the Q&A? Somebody go the audio ? =) He didn't said to put this online to, did he ?

Yeah, is the Q&A off-limits too? We don't get a reading at every signing, but there are questions asked practically every time. Are we going to have to wait for the end of tours for them in the future? That seems like a problem.

I think i can manage not to spoil his wishes but does anybody have a rough date when it will be available?  :D

Probably by the end of October.  (The tour dates have been posted online)

Yeah, is the Q&A off-limits too? We don't get a reading at every signing, but there are questions asked practically every time. Are we going to have to wait for the end of tours for them in the future? That seems like a problem.

The Q&A is not off-limits, Megalodon did mention that he took video and planned to upload it when he got home if no one else had done so before hand.

I'm sitting in the airport to catch my plane home now. It's an overnight flight, so I *might* get it up tomorrow, or I might spend the whole day sleeping. The Q&A will be up by Tuesday at the latest. Sorry about the delay.

Don't apologize, it's a huge help that you can post it at all, I'd rather you be able to get everything settled and post it in your own time.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say here but Megalodon did say that Brandon explicitly asked people to not post recordings/transcripts of the reading until after the tour?

Hmm. Either my eyes or my memory is failing me, because I was sure the phrasing wasn't that strong. 

Fair enough though, we'll wait for a bit.

I'll go ahead and get started on the transcription since I got time.

Or rather, tasks that I want to procrastinate. ;)

Oh well then I'm glad that I didn't start it yet.  I almost did and then I was like "Nah I'll just watch it through and start later tonight..."

I loved how the camera kept panning to Peter to see his reactions.  I was quite amused.

And I agree with Peter, Brandon totally needs to watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.  It's pretty much a shardworld.

Just out of curiousity, do you recall what he said about the Emperor's Soul sequel? Or is it answered in the recording? (I can't watch it yet)

The recording starts pretty much right where the answer starts.  (Basically it's the same answer he's given before:  TES worked out so well that he's hesitant to do a sequel, but if get's the right inspiration he might)

For those you are wondering what is in the recording without wanting to listen to it, here is a quick resume. Brandon mostly talked of his writing plans, his writing techniques and his writing classes. As for plans, he has said his focus over the next years are Stormlight Archive, Mistborn and the Reckoners.

People asked about sequels for the Emperor's Soul, the Rithmatist and Warbreaker. In the case of the Emperour's Soul, it is as Weiry explained: he does not have any plan for one. He thinks the story fitted by itself, but if he ever have a clever idea, he'll do it. For the other two, they are not priority projects right now. His focus has moved from them to teen oriented action paced novels, namely the Reckoners. We gather the series is doing very good and he is planning a second trilogy. Warbreaker and Rithmatist's sequel may happen whenever he has time for them but they have been superseded.

His plans in the near future are Stormlight 3, Reckoners second trilogy, Stormlight 4 and then he was silent. He also explained how the process of writing a Stormlight novel takes about 2 and a half years. Whereas he has not started writing Stormlight 3 until last June, he had been working on it for over a year, making his outlay. He said it takes him a year of planning before starting to write on of these. We can thus expect at least a 3 years delay between SA3 and SA4. He did not explicitly said this, we it was underlined.

He also explained how many epic fantasy authors suffer problems around the 3-4th book where they start to over-develop the secondary characters and forget about the main ones... It is why he created a canvas with Interludes in it to allow him the latitude to do so while not impacting the main story arc. It is his hope this will work, but he also said we could judge by ourselves after the next 2 books will be out.

He said the flashbacks are the "flavor of the book" or to him they are. To me, as a reader, both books have different flavors and whereas book 1 in undeniably Kaladin's book, book 2 has many flavors. So I get what he means, but his readers may end up having different perception.

There also was a Hoid question early on which I did not get because the guy was mumbling and I did not re-listen because I do not care so much about Hoid. At the end, there was a Reckoners question that seemed spoilery so I did not listen as I have not read Firefight yet.

Apart from these, he talked a lot of his classes and stuff. The stuff above is what I noted the most, bu other readers may have other focus of interest.

Reckoners second trilogy

I do want to address this because when he was discussing things at that point I knew people were going to interpret it that way but I don't think he meant it that way.  It's tricky because he says that his main three priorities at the moment are Stormlight, Mistborn, and Reckoners and then immediately says that he will be doing another trilogy with Random House.  But he also says that the trilogy is something new.