Sasquan Spokane

Shardbearer

There's a chance. If you really want him to do it, you should contact your local bookstore and ask them to invite him to do a signing while he's in town. 

Then again, Brandon's pretty busy, and he may not have time to do the Worldcon AND extra siginings. But that's probably your best shot. 

Actually, now that I'm looking at the convention's site, I'm confused about the pricing. Looks like the price that I can't afford is for membership, which seems to include all days of the event as well as voting rights. Maybe. It's kinda confusing. But then there's day rates that don't include voting and are much more affordable. So maybe I'll be going after all.

• 3 weeks later...

"I did a bunch of research on Genghis Khan and some other people, because I wanted to make Dalinar as awesome as possible." (Paraphrased) Also, he asked explicitly that the reading not be posted online until after his Shadows of Self tour is over, so that it's a special treat for everyone who can make it to that tour.

"I did a bunch of research on Genghis Khan and some other people, because I wanted to make Dalinar as awesome as possible." (Paraphrased) Also, he asked explicitly that the reading not be posted online until after his Shadows of Self tour is over, so that it's a special treat for everyone who can make it to that tour.

But there *is* a recording that can be posted after? Edited by Delightful

I'd appreciate a recording of any Q&A that happened, but would prefer that we here on the Official Fan Site didn't go against Brandon's express wishes regarding distribution of the reading itself.

-I speak here as an individual, not a moderator.

I'd appreciate a recording of any Q&A that happened, but would prefer that we here on the Official Fan Site didn't go against Brandon's express wishes regarding distribution of the reading itself.

-I speak here as an individual, not a moderator.

Sounds like the only sensible thing to do. Anyone who has access to Brandon willing to beg him for the good of everyone?

I am not sure what his stance on the topic actually is - all I got from it is "I won't be putting it on my website". 

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say here but Megalodon did say that Brandon explicitly asked people to not post recordings/transcripts of the reading until after the tour?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say here but Megalodon did say that Brandon explicitly asked people to not post recordings/transcripts of the reading until after the tour?

I heard elsewhere, from a reliable source, he did state such thing. It appears to indeed be Brandon's wish the transcript of this new chapter to not be published until the end of his tour.

As distressed this thought makes me, it seems to be his wishes and we should respect them  -_- However, I do know it was a Dalinar's flashback from 30 years ago, which is pretty much the extend of my personal knowledge on the matter. 30 years ago.... people that is about when he bonded Oathbringer... 

We should all be able to appreciate it by the end of October.... So two more months... Perhaps we'll get it before via the newsletter, I dunno.