What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

I finished Time Dancers, sequel to The Meq, yesterday and have started the third book, The Remembering, which I have been waiting for weeks to start. SQUEEE!

Something that I wanted to mention, but don't want to spoil things so:

SPOILER FOR TIME DANCERS AND THE REMEMBERING FOLLOWS

So Time Dancers ends with the atomic bomb being dropped on Nagasaki at the end of WWII, several major characters were in Nagasaki when this happened. The POV was outside the city, but had a front row seat to see the bomb go off. Then the Big Bad, who has been tormenting the main characters and killing important people for the whole series so far shows up, with the book ending with his signature greeting.

Beginning of The Remembering, POV is still stunned by the bomb going off, and, instead of attacking the POV, the Big Bad invites him into his castle refuge for tea. I am not making this up.

END OF SPOILER OH LIKE ANYONE BESIDES EMERALIS CARES ANYWAY

The funny thing about that is that I went back and bought all the WoT books in hardcover when I finally got caught up. My mom probably thought I was crazy. Since then, I've tried not to buy books I already own again...

Indeed, I started replacing my softcovers for hardcovers, foolishly forgetting that you can only get the Tor covers now >.>

If your collection is half one and half the other, then I completely understand. But their covers are pretty plain and boring though...

simplistic and stylish :P and no, I have only the first one in Tor hardback, then 2-11 in Orbit soft and 12+ in Orbit hard. Cause I'm like that (and that's the way it is)...

Yeah, I might just go back to softbacks for my 'reading' collection, and keep the hardbacks as souveneers or something, get them signed if I ever meet up with Team Jordan & Affiliates.

I am currently reading The Fountainhead, and I am entranced. To say the least.

*sigh* This is why I rarely read books. I become addicted to them and rarely do anything useful till I've finished them. And I have an AP test in the morning. *sigh*

That's pretty intense. I wish I had motivation like that to finish it. Unfortunately I have a bunch to read for my English class right now so... not really reading anything for fun right now. What I AM reading is "Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursula le Guin for my Intro to Fiction class. It's pretty good. I'm about half-way through.

Being within sight (for the most part) of my rereading goal, my list of things to read after that is starting to get pretty long, and seems to be growing on an almost daily basis.

So for my reading goal, I've got four series left plus Brandon's books.

What I'm Reading Now:

Mr. Monster by Dan Wells

The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, like I need to tell you who that's by

and Eragon by Christopher Paolini

For a little while I was reading the first book is four different series, which was kinda cool. And if I rush I can be reading the second book in each at the same time.

Being within sight (for the most part) of my rereading goal, my list of things to read after that is starting to get pretty long, and seems to be growing on an almost daily basis.

So for my reading goal, I've got four series left plus Brandon's books.

What I'm Reading Now:

Mr. Monster by Dan Wells

The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, like I need to tell you who that's by

and Eragon by Christopher Paolini

For a little while I was reading the first book is four different series, which was kinda cool. And if I rush I can be reading the second book in each at the same time.

Amulet of Samarkand is quite good - I'm a huge fan of the whole Bartimaeus series. Stroud creates really interesting characters, never even ones as straightforward as Harry Potter who has parent issues and teenage angst but is selfless and courageous and stuff right from the start. Jonathan Stroud's characters are never like that - and if they happen to start out that way, they'll be changed by the end. Always selfish and cowardly people who eventually do the right thing anyway. So, y'know, real people.

Eragon...is what it is. What it is is embarrassingly derivative, but still highly entertaining.

I'm currently on Book 2 in A Song of Ice and Fire. I've read to halfway through the third book before, and then something shiny distracted me and I didn't read for a few months. Now that Game of Thrones is on HBO, I decided to start from the beginning again in anticipation. Even though I don't have HBO and thus haven't been able to even watch the first episode...

I'm currently on Book 2 in A Song of Ice and Fire. I've read to halfway through the third book before, and then something shiny distracted me and I didn't read for a few months. Now that Game of Thrones is on HBO, I decided to start from the beginning again in anticipation. Even though I don't have HBO and thus haven't been able to even watch the first episode...

I tried reading the first book, but lacked the motivation.

P.S. *Tries stealthily to retrieve Eerongal's cookie from Trendkill*