What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I really liked the poem that was read at the beginning of this video. Here it is in full length if anyone is interested:

Do not go gentle into that good night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

5 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I really liked the poem that was read at the beginning of this video. Here it is in full length if anyone is interested:

Yeah, I like that too. There are very few poems that made a lasting impression on me and "Do not go gentle into that good night" is one of them.

If anybody is interested what that music is: It's original "No Time For Caution" track from Interstellar... however, when at 2:31 organ kicks in, there is Echo effect applied. And of course the poem is spliced into the beginning.
I don't remember how I found it though. I find it great to play in background when I'm learning, especially if it's middle of the night before the exam XD

4 hours ago, Slowswift said:

I've come to the conclusion that I actually really like Evolve, Imagine Dragons' new album.

I mostly really like it. I still don't like Thunder, but in the context of the album it doesn't bother me as much. Walking the Wire is amazing, and Believer and Whatever it Takes are awesome. There's a couple songs I'm a little on the edge about, like Dancer in the Dark, but overall I do really like the album. I'm hoping I'll be able to go to a concert this fall.

Anyone else a little confused about the new direction the Killers took with The Man? I like the song, but boy, it's different. :blink:

2 hours ago, Left said:

I mostly really like it. I still don't like Thunder, but in the context of the album it doesn't bother me as much. Walking the Wire is amazing, and Believer and Whatever it Takes are awesome. There's a couple songs I'm a little on the edge about, like Dancer in the Dark, but overall I do really like the album. I'm hoping I'll be able to go to a concert this fall.

Anyone else a little confused about the new direction the Killers took with The Man? I like the song, but boy, it's different. :blink:

Are you kidding? I loved Thunder! Agreed about the other three, though. The ones I'm on the fence about are I Don't Know Why and maybe Dancing in the Dark.

I don't really follow the Killers, so... I'll look it up soon, I guess? :P 

Edited by Slowswift

12 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Are you kidding? I loved Thunder! Agreed about the other three, though. The ones I'm on the fence about are I Don't Know Why and maybe Dancing in the Dark.

I don't really follow the Killers, so... I'll look it up soon, I guess? :P 

The main lyrics to Thunder are really good, and I like that part of it. It's the chorus that kills me.... I hate the synth voice, and I wish that they could've come up with something more meaty than Feel the Thunder. I'm hoping for an acoustic version that doesn't have that synth voice, a bit like the one they did for Shots.

17 hours ago, Left said:

The main lyrics to Thunder are really good, and I like that part of it. It's the chorus that kills me.... I hate the synth voice, and I wish that they could've come up with something more meaty than Feel the Thunder. I'm hoping for an acoustic version that doesn't have that synth voice, a bit like the one they did for Shots.

I actually quite liked the chorus, though I do think that the synth voice was a bit odd, and I do see your point about the genericness of "feel the thunder", but I just love that thundery drumbeat. :D 

(ETA: How d'you feel about this version?)

Spoiler

Though I must say: Am I the only one who got a Coldplay vibe from the guitar riff at the end of Walking the Wire?

Edited by Slowswift

• 2 weeks later...

Does having a song stuck in your head count as listening to it?

If so, I have Little Fugue in G minor by J.S. Bach stuck in my head. Mostly because Carolina Crown plays it in the start of their opener this year.

I'm loving the two new songs by The Killers. The Man is seriously hypnotizing my thumb to punch the repeat button every time I listen to it....it's bad. 

Its honestly really weird how Paramore and the Killers are going similar directions musically, with sounds I never would've expected to enjoy, and yet I love After Laughter and the two songs The Killers have released for their new album so far. 

Edited by Left

Basically I've been alternating from the music from Guardians of the Galaxy (my favorites are Mr. Blue Sky and Lake Shore Drive) and listening to the Aladdin musical soundtrack. I love the genie, and I pray they use that music for the live action movie. Don't write new music when what you have is so good!!!