Chronaglically (sp?) of the Prelude

SOM1else

It makes sense that it wouldn't be completely chronological, though. The Heralds imply that the Oathpact is somehow keeping Odium bound. If he were bound, he wouldn't have been able to make his way to Sel to Splinter Skai and Aona. Did we ever establish whether they were Splintered before or after Elantris? I know I'm inclined to believe before, but I don't know if we ever got confirmation there....

So following that logic, the Prelude would also have to take place before Elantris. Of course, it never does state outright that Odium is the Him they're talking about being bound in the Prelude, but I can't think of any other significant person the Heralds would care to keep bound....But then I can definitely see Brandon throwing us that line just to mislead us and having it refer to someone else too.

It makes sense that it wouldn't be completely chronological, though. The Heralds imply that the Oathpact is somehow keeping Odium bound. If he were bound, he wouldn't have been able to make his way to Sel to Splinter Skai and Aona. Did we ever establish whether they were Splintered before or after Elantris? I know I'm inclined to believe before, but I don't know if we ever got confirmation there....

You are brilliant, my friend.

• Chaos locked this topic