Team Bannermakers

Kasimir

So, I'm Kas, and I mostly frequent the Sanderson Elimination section, but I do read the other stuff--I just don't post there very often :P Anyway, a bunch of people have been asking after the identity of this anonymous graphic artist who makes all these stats banners that people have been sporting.

That would be me.

I chose not to come forward because: A. I don't have 1337 Photoshop skills. What I know comes entirely from my misspent youth in fandom :P B. I have a lot of things at the moment, mostly from RL (three part-time jobs, though I'm quitting one, and a thesis.)

But anyway, Haelbarde (or, the M'Hael) is a novahot bannermaker, and so I dropped him a PM and he has kindly agreed to team up with me! :) This way, we can get banners for people done much faster!

So, if you want a stats banner, drop us a request in this thread and we'll see what can be done! :) (Technically, there's no reason to restrict this to SE, and we'd probably be open to other requests as well. But given the original provenance and my limited time (at least on my part), I will unfortunately be prioritising SE stats banner requests. I hope for your understanding and patience. :) )

Here is a helpful rubric for giving us an idea of what you want:

1. Player name - Some players prefer truncated versions of their player names. Please let us know which you would favour.

2. Stats - To save time and prevent miscommunication, please let us know what the stats you want reflected on the banner are!

3. Player titles - These can be anything from roles you had that you particularly enjoyed, to an event that happened in a game (e.g. in my case, Kingkiller because of LG5.) Normally, we'd take 3 player titles.

4. Colours - Please let us know which colours you favour! Kas normally ends up using 2-3 colours while making a banner.

5. Symbol/background - Please let us know if there are textures, images, backgrounds or brushes you would especially like us to use :)

Requests should tackle each of these elements in order for us to be able to meet them. And don't worry; we'll be happy to tweak the banner to get you something you like :)

That's about it from me. I leave the M'Hael to add anything I might've forgotten.

-Kas

Edit:

Current Banner Queue:
1. Gamma Fiend - Kas
2. Orlok (Not yet)
3. Seonid

4. Quiver (HttFE)
5. Winter

Bannermakers List:

1. Kasimir (Kas) -Status: Busy
2. Haelbarde (Hael)

3. Mailliw73 -Status: Unavailable

Edited by Kasimir

May as well jump in here, and claim second post.

Hey there o/

Don't really have much to add. Stuff that I do will likely have a different feel to Kas, but that should be expected - we're different artists. 

If you have any specific ideas, or a particular feel you're after with your banner, do tell. It'll help us if you do. 

-M'Hael

EDIT: Oh, thought of something to add: If you are an artist and feel like helping out, we'd be happy for join on. Send us a PM, or post here and we'll coordinate something with you.

Edited by Haelbarde

Player name: Seonid

Stats: 5 games, 3 deaths, 3 wins

Titles: Loyal sibling, Ruin's servant, protector (from the fact that for 3 games in a row I got a protection role)

Colors: I like yellow and white, and I'll let you pick a third color for accent that you think fits beat. I'd like to leave room for artistic license.

Symbols: A stylized golden sun would be cool, if you can make it work.

Thank you so much for doing these! Your work looks awesome so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...Triple post here, I guess?

Trying to figure out a good phrase to describe my role in this past game. Loyal sibling just doesn't seem to cut it. Mostly, I seem to have just caused problems...

Any suggestions, Kas?

But the updated stats are 6 games, 4 wins, 3 deaths

If you don't have suggestions, I'll keep the same phrases.

Hmm...Triple post here, I guess?

Trying to figure out a good phrase to describe my role in this past game. Loyal sibling just doesn't seem to cut it. Mostly, I seem to have just caused problems...

Any suggestions, Kas?

But the updated stats are 6 games, 4 wins, 3 deaths

If you don't have suggestions, I'll keep the same phrases.

You didn't, TBH. Loyal Sibling would be good, and I've decided that the objectors can just deal with it: no scare quotes, I'd nominate you for MVP. You definitely swung things for your chosen teams and you could swing things for Heritage had you chosen to still press the Faction War angle.

Give some time though? Bit busy these days, so if the M'Hael gets to you first, that's one thing, otherwise, I'd take a bit of a while :)

Edited by Kasimir

No problem. Take as long as you want.

And I'm glad that I at least didn't make you too mad. I never like ruffling feathers. I hope that the rest of the community isn't too mad. If they are, I'll find a way to south it over.

When I do post my faction game (which should be later today), though, I'd like your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Seonid for not having got around to working on yours yet. I think I should have a bit more time in this coming week, so I might dabble with something and send you a PM if/once I have something to show.

Do you guy's make banners for the HttFE game? If so... mind if I request one?

While it's not the point of this thread, and I can't speak for Kas, but I can probably give something a go, if need be. Priority would go to SE banners over HttFE banners though. Still, I'll chat to you at some point about it.

Do you guy's make banners for the HttFE game? If so... mind if I request one?

I made my own, and I know Kas made his, so it seems they're kinda freelance ones. I'm happy to try something if you wish, but it won't be for a couple of weeks, since I'll be on vacation next week. 

Speaking of designing, Kas, Hael, mind if I join as a lower designer? I wouldn't be able to do a ton of stuff, but I could help out if you want.

I made my own, and I know Kas made his, so it seems they're kinda freelance ones. I'm happy to try something if you wish, but it won't be for a couple of weeks, since I'll be on vacation next week. 

Speaking of designing, Kas, Hael, mind if I join as a lower designer? I wouldn't be able to do a ton of stuff, but I could help out if you want.

Go for it! The more, the merrier, I say, and I believe M'Hael's cool with it too, given his own post at the start of this thread :)

Since there are three of us at this juncture, and it's been a bit messy, I'm updating the list in the initial post to indicate the current status of things.

Edit: I'm still on Gamma, though I'm kind of in and out at the moment due to thesis blues and RL woes (I love the rhyme, don't you?) M'Hael, Maili, if you can PM me your statuses, I can update the first post accordingly so people know just what to expect (slow service on my end, alas...), and I can indicate who the primary person working on someone's banner is, in order to make sure there's clarity.

Edited by Kasimir

1. Player name - Cleo&Kae

2. Stats -  3 wins out of 12 games, GMed 1

3. Player titles - Devoted to Hate, EATER OF PHANTOM HANDSBest Inquisitor

4. Colours - Gray, purple, and white.

5. Symbol/background - Snowflake, inquisitor spike

EDIT: Thanks!

Edited by Winter Cloud

If you guys are still making these, I would love one, but take your time.

10 games, 5 wins, 4 losses, 8 deaths.

Possible titles: Oft-ignored Sage, Lord Spirit, Wielder of the Original Neutron Gun, Vlidiot, Lemming, Squibreaker, Pandabane

For colors, maybe red/orange with a sun?

Player name: phattemer

Edited by phattemer

• 1 month later...