Nicrosil applications

Ugouka

As far as I can tell, not much is known about Nicrosil. As a feruchemical metal, it stores investiture. So my thought is about Twinborn.

Any allomatic metal with a feruchemy based in Nicrosil would result in simulated Duralumin flares. My thoughts on that are this: You being filling your Nicrosil metalmind, then burn your allomatic metal. The investiture that results in is then absorbed in the metalmind. Burn a whole lot of your allomatic metal when you don't need it, and it would be readily available from your metalmind upon command, presumably at whatever flared level you desire since Feruchemists can alter that, so I guess it could range from normal allomancy levels up to duralumin levels.

Some good applications I could think of for this is never needing to sleep with metals in your system, but always having a stockpile, even when just waking. Allowing Twinborn to extensively flare/burst their metals without the use of Duralumin. And some other stuff that I'm too tired to think of at the moment.

Anyone know if I'm completely misunderstanding Nicrosil? Thoughts?

Another thought on this that just occurred. Compounding. Theoretically, because compounding causes disgusting augmentation of the feruchemical ability, the compounder could use crazy amounts of investiture by burning their Nicrosil-minds. Sanderson has said using other world's magics would be difficult and require a lot of energy...well..I think this sort of compounding could definately have some impact in that regard if the Twinborn could figure out how to use it.

• Chaos locked this topic