Favorite Magic Systems

Just within the Cosmere? Surgebinding, specifically Soulcasting, versatile, useful and incredibly hard to defend against if you ever need to fight. Also I love magics that revolve around transforming and transmuting things, it reminds me strongly of my favorite non-Brandon magic Alchemy (from FullMetal Alchemist.)

Second favorite is probably Allomancy, a number of varied and relatively minor abilities that stack together in all sorts of interesting combinations and would be useful in all sorts of situations (especially pewter, I'm clumsy as all hell so the added balance would be a shard-send.)

After that...probably Forgery is the one I want to know more about the most, it's so different and useful but not in the flashy dynamic way of the others, the potential uses are crazy, which suits me just fine.

IMO:

The coolest is Allomancy

My favorite to make theorys about is Hemalurgy

If I could have one for myself? Surgebinding with Regrowth & Gravitation (this combination doesn't exist naturally)

Hemallurgy is such an awesome concept, and so much fun to learn about! That being said, I think Allomancy is my favorite. Just because it is so cool. I love the idea of Pushing and Pulling my way through the mists, and enhancing my senses and physical abilities. 

I also like Feruchemy. ........Basically just the magic from Mistborn.

Edited by The Crooked Warden

• Chaos locked this topic