Ask Mistrunner anything... about food

Mistrunner

Can you tell us anything cool about the chibified character you have as your profile pic? :)

...Well. I apologize in advance for this likely very long reply.

She's a character I made up. Her name is Ali; she goes by Glass. She was apprenticed to a thief, but she hated stealing. Unfortunately, she loved breaking into places. So one day she broke into a ballroom and watched from a balcony where somebody had left a red cloak and masquerade mask. She stole them. When the guy she was apprenticed to found out she hadn't gotten anything valuable, he was really mad. Also drunk. He accidentally smashed a mirror or bottle or something and a shard embedded in her side. She ran away that night, and started going by Glass, wearing the mask and cloak. She became an infamous and baffling criminal, confusing authorities everywhere by breaking into places- but never stealing anything.

And in response to Twi, curry powder. And peanut butter chocolate chip, probably.

Edited by mistrunner

Would you eat any of the Asian-European fusion stuff mentioned in the Rithmatist? If so, which do you think would be your favorite?

Edited by skaa

I'm finally back on! Sorry for taking so long. But I was in the mountains, away from Internet. Sad.

Would you eat any of the Asian-European fusion stuff mentioned in the Rithmatist? If so, which do you think would be your favorite?

YES. All the way. I love both Asian and European food, and though I can't remember what foods were mentioned, I'll look through my copy and try to get back to you on that.

Why aren't you eating anything in the Knights Awkward RP?

Oh my goodness. I need to get on that. I shall incorporate cheese in any way I can.

...or I could eat chouta. Or even Asian-European food...  :ph34r:

Kobold pointed out that your character is very "chibi". Does that mean you're a fan of anime? If so, what's your favorite series?

Hm... Well, a friend got me into Sword Art Online for a while. I haven't watched any in a long time though.

Is your social life IRL really that bad?

Well... kind of. I have friends! We just read a lot of books. Once we organized a box full of small, colorful rubber bands. It's a long story. Suffice it to say that I'm OCD and I infected everyone else.

I'm also really, really weird. And I read big books. Both tend to scare people off, unfortunately.

I do daydream about meeting Sharders in real life, though, so I can talk to someone about Sanderson's works avidly and without getting looks that say "calm down and read something else."

Anything about food?

Yes.

Well... kind of. I have friends! We just read a lot of books. Once we organized a box full of small, colorful rubber bands. It's a long story. Suffice it to say that I'm OCD and I infected everyone else.

I'm also really, really weird. And I read big books. Both tend to scare people off, unfortunately.

I do daydream about meeting Sharders in real life, though, so I can talk to someone about Sanderson's works avidly and without getting looks that say "calm down and read something else."

This. THISTHISTHIS. I wish we could all meet up. Sandercon, hurry up and happen!

How would you react if any Sharder was at your door?

Edited by Slowswift

This. THISTHISTHIS. I wish we could all meet up. Sandercon, hurry up and happen!

How would you react if any Sharder was at your door?

:o First... I just hope I wouldn't play one of the ten fools.

...well, would I know they were a Sharder at first? Would they just walk up and say "Hi, I'm Slowswift from 17th Shard?" Is that you knocking at my door right now?

Well, I'd probably ask them in, eyes wide as the computer screen I'm looking at now, get myself some lemonade or something, and sit down at the dining room table after grabbing every single Sanderson book I own.

Then... after the shock of seeing a Sharder in the flesh wore off... the Sanderson conversations begin.

I can tentatively voice my (weak and underdeveloped) theories, ask for them to read a chapter of one of my stories and state an opinion, and gush about how great [insert any Sanderson book here] was and how Stormlight 3 better get here soon. I would start talking about a favorite character animatedly, lemonade forgotten, and discuss what makes Stick so compelling. I'd ask random questions about cheese, and the conversations would get long and strange, but inevitably return to Sanderson. It would be awesome.

Of course, in reality, this would never happen. But I can dream!

Vivaldi's Four Seasons? No, wait- does Chopin count? He's Romantic period, but anything by him is amazing.

Musician/song? This is... Hard... One of my favorites is The Piano Guys, but Coldplay is good, as is Vocal Point.

Season? Winter (this time non-Vivaldi). I love snow and cold and rain.

Thanks for answering my (frankly shameless) plea for more questions! :)

Vivaldi's Four Seasons? No, wait- does Chopin count? He's Romantic period, but anything by him is amazing.

Musician/song? This is... Hard... One of my favorites is The Piano Guys, but Coldplay is good, as is Vocal Point.

Season? Winter (this time non-Vivaldi). I love snow and cold and rain.

Thanks for answering my (frankly shameless) plea for more questions! :)

FOUR SEASONS IS BEST CLASSICAL

though I haven't heard much Chopin, I'll go check him out?

Piano Guys! Coldplay! Vocal Point!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

Winter's pretty darn cool (though I myself prefer Autumn [nothing personal Winter, I'm referring to the seasons] but yes rainy is best).

Edited by Slowswift

FOUR SEASONS IS BEST CLASSICAL

though I haven't heard much Chopin, I'll go check him out?

Piano Guys! Coldplay! Vocal Point!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

Winter's pretty darn cool (though I myself prefer Autumn [nothing personal Winter, I'm referring to the seasons] but yes rainy is best).

Autumn's pretty darn cool, yes. I like the colors. When I got them...  <_< Around here leaves seem to turn straight to brown. In Oly there was a tree across the street we called the "Fire Tree." You can guess why.  ^_^

It was also interesting in the point between fall and winter, because you saw things like frost tracing the veins of a brightly colored leaf. Those were cool.

YOU LIKE THEM ALL TOO?

We need to start a PM conversation. Like now. So I can gush about all the awesomeness to someone who actually cares.