Ask Chaos Anything!

Chaos

I don't know the answer to that question :P

@Chaos: Have you just stuck with the default editor that comes with the newer version? Or have you added bits to it - the default thing doesn't appear to have spoilers, horizontal rules or remove formatting options.

I thought the BBCode got stored as HTML anyway. So while you'll be able to compose a post with BBcode, you won't be able to edit the BBcode when editing the post afterwards?

You will not be able to edit BBCode after the fact. There is an HTML source editor but it will not be enabled by members by default because letting people do arbitrary HTML is not a good idea. I might let people occasionally use it if they request it, and then I revoke later.

Not a way to have the old BBCode view sorry. There will be spoilers and I believe horizontal rules and such. Spoilers for sure.

You will not be able to edit BBCode after the fact. There is an HTML source editor but it will not be enabled by members by default because letting people do arbitrary HTML is not a good idea. I might let people occasionally use it if they request it, and then I revoke later.

Not a way to have the old BBCode view sorry. There will be spoilers and I believe horizontal rules and such. Spoilers for sure.

So what do we do if we wind up doing something terrible like failing to close a spoiler tag properly?  That could be...dire.

In my experience with other forums, failing to close a spoiler tag properly will result in the BBCode tags being visible in the post as regular text, so I would think that you would be able to go back and edit the post and fix it.

*Goes loads up demos of IP.board and CKEditor*

Looks like the new IP.board has a new emote (embarrassed) and has remapped a number of emotes. As in instead of
;huh; to get :huh:, it uses o.O instead. The others seem to be:
;mellow; -> :|
;lol; -> XD
;blink; -> O.o
< _< -> ¬¬
Apart from that last one, which I have no idea how to create that character, I prefer those mappings. Will they be changed in our version? And will we be getting the new emote?

And the editor looks like it has buttons for superscript, subscript, spoiler, indenting, and removing formatting, but they're not on by default for the demo. So that's good to know. And you had decided against using editor plugins, hadn't you?

Edited by Haelbarde

So what do we do if we wind up doing something terrible like failing to close a spoiler tag properly?  That could be...dire.

You highlight the text you want to be in spoilers and press the spoiler button and then it's done.

*Goes loads up demos of IP.board and CKEditor*

Looks like the new IP.board has a new emote (embarrassed) and has remapped a number of emotes. As in instead of

;huh; to get :huh:, it uses o.O instead. The others seem to be:

;mellow; -> :|

;lol; -> XD

;blink; -> O.o

< _< -> ¬¬

Apart from that last one, which I have no idea how to create that character, I prefer those mappings. Will they be changed in our version? And will we be getting the new emote?

And the editor looks like it has buttons for superscript, subscript, spoiler, indenting, and removing formatting, but they're not on by default for the demo. So that's good to know. And you had decided against using editor plugins, hadn't you?

IPS when upgrading seems to use the old emotes, but they can be added very easily. I'm not opposed to using addons, and the editor toolbars are highly customizable from the ACP. You'll have all those features.

• 2 weeks later...

Very serious question: which sword skin in GW2 do you think most resembles a shardblade?

I think maybe the fractal sword, but it kind of looks like a shardblade being perpetually summoned.

Edited by Eki

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

@Chaos

Does Chaos appeal to you more in your everyday life or order?

Coke or Pepsi?

If you were stuck on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean which cosmere character would you want by your side?

Favorite mythological hero?

Edited by Nathrangking

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, 0 of 5 said:

Someone asked firstrainbowrose if she did toilet paper over or under and she said u were famous for “the way”. I was just wondering if u could enlighten me

Hi! I forgot this thread was a thing.

The Way (tm) was a meme on Discord. I dunno apparently I am unusual for toilet paper being under, rather than over. It's just easier to tear off! I find arguments for toilet paper over to be quite poor.

The Way(tm) of course is: "Open Tabs, Toilet Paper Under." Press that New Tab button on your browser and you shall learn all things. Also, toilet paper under.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:06 AM, Ookla the ingenious said:

Is unity a shard? Is dalinar going to become a vessel for honor? Is he going to reunite adonalesium if he is indeed unity? And can a shard be renamed at all? 

@Chaos sorry about the other thing 

I would not say Unity is a Shard. Dalinar is not a Shard until his body is vaporized and the power suffuses him completely. Maybe Unity will be a reimagined version of Honor, but I'm not convinced.

I don't think Dalinar will reunite Adonalsium, but it could be. I'm just being inherently conservative on making claims like that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...