Lark Reads WoT [liveblog of sorts] [Spoilers]

Kestrel

Man. Guess I'll have to keep reading then.

Got about 100 more pages. Aiming to finish today. After that I'm reading New Spring (I really miss Moiraine and Lan, ok?) and then I'll start in book 7.

I can't remember when Cadsuane comes onto the scene, but if she hasn't yet then I would advise holding off on New Spring until she has.

It really isn't. Prequels rarely fit well with their original works, I've noticed. I've always treated them more like... like (many of) the interludes in The Stormlight Archive, now that I think about it. It's a different story.

I think you will hate Rand in the last few books until aMoL in which you will begin to hate him again in the epilogue.

I never really hated Rand.  I actually despised those around him who failed to understand all the burdens he was carrying.  Trying to be an unpredictable god king is tough especially when your ex girl is calling you a wool headed sheep herder when your trying to conquer the damnation world!

I found his character arc to be really satisfying.  The need to outsmart the forsaken at every turn and constantly saying im stone.. i need to be bronze.. im bronze i need to be steel and so on.  I think the transformation is pretty realistic considering all the crap he has on his plate.  Then you get to frolic with Mat and Perrin and do cool stuff.

It really isn't. Prequels rarely fit well with their original works, I've noticed. I've always treated them more like... like (many of) the interludes in The Stormlight Archive, now that I think about it. It's a different story.

Its not just the story for me, the style is different. But he did write it later than Lord of Chaos, so its understandable that its changed. But it feels choppier and less refined than what he usually does. 

I never really hated Rand.  I actually despised those around him who failed to understand all the burdens he was carrying.  Trying to be an unpredictable god king is tough especially when your ex girl is calling you a wool headed sheep herder when your trying to conquer the damnation world!

I found his character arc to be really satisfying.  The need to outsmart the forsaken at every turn and constantly saying im stone.. i need to be bronze.. im bronze i need to be steel and so on.  I think the transformation is pretty realistic considering all the crap he has on his plate.  Then you get to frolic with Mat and Perrin and do cool stuff.

I've found him to be pretty interesting so far. But in any case, even if I do have my moments of annoyance with him, I can't bring myself to hate him. Heh.

His interactions with Min are so satisfying to read.

Its not just the story for me, the style is different. But he did write it later than Lord of Chaos, so its understandable that its changed. But it feels choppier and less refined than what he usually does. I've found him to be pretty interesting so far. But in any case, even if I do have my moments of annoyance with him, I can't bring myself to hate him. Heh.

His interactions with Min are so satisfying to read.

You will have many more moments of annoyance with him, he gets pretty dark as the series goes on and he becomes more and more rash. With that said, when you factor in his burdens it makes a lot of sense. As you already seem to be doing, just stick with him, things come together nicely.

All of the yes, even at the peak of the Rand annoyance Rand-Min is spectacular.