What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

6 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Has anyone actually made any remarks on how your clothing makes you look smaller?

Yes. Or they just remark about me in general. Maybe its not malicious, but it still stings. I'm pretty sure thats all i am to people.

7 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

Yes. Or they just remark about me in general. Maybe its not malicious, but it still stings. I'm pretty sure thats all i am to people.

Hey, I can guarantee to you that that isn't true. They might make a remark about your height every now and then, but it's not how they see you. I have friends that are shorter than me (which is saying something, since I'm only around 5'4" or 5'5") and I tease them every now and then, but only because they know I don't mean it in a rude way. And I have friends taller than me (most of them are, actually). They also make jokes about my height sometimes, but again, it doesn't change they way they view me. 

Heck, my mom is shorter than me and she freaking terrifies me when she's mad. Don't even think about being "short." You're vertically challenged, and that isn't bad. 

Just now, Kestrel said:

No, no, no, no,no. That is definitely not all you are to people. You are DEFINITELY so much more :D 

Your a wonderful, kind, considerate friend, definitely an awesome person in my books.

*hugs

48 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, I can guarantee to you that that isn't true. They might make a remark about your height every now and then, but it's not how they see you. I have friends that are shorter than me (which is saying something, since I'm only around 5'4" or 5'5") and I tease them every now and then, but only because they know I don't mean it in a rude way. And I have friends taller than me (most of them are, actually). They also make jokes about my height sometimes, but again, it doesn't change they way they view me. 

Heck, my mom is shorter than me and she freaking terrifies me when she's mad. Don't even think about being "short." You're vertically challenged, and that isn't bad. 

All people do is laugh at my anger. I don't know. I don't like it even being brought up but

38 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

No, no, no, no,no. That is definitely not all you are to people. You are DEFINITELY so much more :D 

Your a wonderful, kind, considerate friend, definitely an awesome person in my books.

*hugs

I don't know. People won't notice me if I'm short.

On 19.03.2017 at 5:14 AM, Kestrel said:

All people do is laugh at my anger. I don't know. I don't like it even being brought up but

I don't know. People won't notice me if I'm short.

They will notice you once you conquer them all! They may underestimate you now, use it for your advantage and be better than everyone else! :)

4 hours ago, Mestiv said:

They will notice you once you conquer them all! They may underestimate you now, use it for your advantage and be better than everyone else! :)

This is actually truer than you might think. Once, back when I was 12 or so, my brothers and I played in a game of ultimate frisbee with some friends from church. Everyone all thought I wasn't a threat because I was small and young, so they didn't bother to guard me. Guess who made the goals, y'all.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:52 PM, Mistrunner said:

This is actually truer than you might think. Once, back when I was 12 or so, my brothers and I played in a game of ultimate frisbee with some friends from church. Everyone all thought I wasn't a threat because I was small and young, so they didn't bother to guard me. Guess who made the goals, y'all.

But like. That was when you were 12. I'm gonna look 12 my entire life. Yay suffering.

31 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

But like. That was when you were 12. I'm gonna look 12 my entire life. Yay suffering.

Then you get to smash expectations your whole life and take everyone by surprise. You'll be that mysterious person who no one knows quite what to expect.

17 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Then you get to smash expectations your whole life and take everyone by surprise. You'll be that mysterious person who no one knows quite what to expect.

Being underestimated can be a great asset to you if you can exploit it properly. 

1 hour ago, Kestrel said:

Being small is not that bad, at least you can approach quietly to your friends and scare them, it is quite funny.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:33 PM, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Being small is not that bad, at least you can approach quietly to your friends and scare them, it is quite funny.

I'm well over 6 ft. and I can still do this.

I do agree it is fun, though.

I thought I was on the last page of this thread when I was on page six, so I'll just go ahead and say to all the people I upvoted on or around that page: don't worry, I am not stalking you! 

I'm definitely into anti-beauty pics so it's hard for me to find an actual photo where I'm not making a Jim Carey face. I've got dark brown hair, blue-gray eyes, and in the summer I'll get freckles across my cheeks and nose. I'm a member of the short society, but I like to think of myself as "scrappy-looking."

Here is a picture where I tried to keep my eyes open in the sunlight...

Spoiler

IMG_0415 (1).JPG

But here is a much more accurate depiction. This was when I lightened my hair; it's much shorter and darker now.

Spoiler

IMG_0412.JPG

5 hours ago, Riversong said:

I am about 5'8", female, Sandy-Brown hair. I have large, thick-framed glasses, and I am surprisingly tan, despite the fact that I spend much more time inside than your typical American teenager.

Inside? You imply there is an outside. What is this mythical place you have implied like? Perhaps I will find it someday...