I keep having nightmares where all the lights are on in my house, but they make no light. You look at them and they're on, but the room is still dark. I keep flipping them on land off, but they won't work.

And the door is open. It's night outside, and the door is open. Someone is creeping up our walk way. It's not someone from my family, because my family is all asleep. I try to close the door, but the door won't budge. I can't run. I can't speak. I'm so tired I can't do any thing. And the floor starts to go soft like I'm standing on a water bed. I try to gather enough strength to run, but I just fall over and I can't seem to care enough to get up.

The figure or whoever it is raises something that looks like a shovel. They swing it down to my head. I wake up just before it hits.

You guys know how everybody says you can't die in your dreams? 

Complete malarky. 

Seriously, recently there have been multiple times that I die in my dreams. It's funny because I always just reincarnate into someone else. The trippy part is that I'm always right beside my other body, and I'm already the same age as I was in the dream. 

Last night I dreamed about you guys! No, seriously. Weiry and Twylight came in to tell us the very moving story of how Kurkistan and Brandon, who hated each other personally, were teamed up in a losing battle against their common enemies. As Brandon is about to die he tells Kurk that he is an UltraKandra. *gasp*

Basically, after he died he would take over Kurk's body, but all of the powers Brandon possessed would transfer too. (Kurk would then be dead, and UltraBrandon in his new body would look like whatever he wanted to.) It was heavily implied that this had already happened to TheOnlyJoe. Then Twy name dropped at least a dozen other Sharders who she said we're all either Ultras themselves, or were (incomprehensibly) opposing the Ultra takeover.

Maybe I'm spending too much time on here. :ph34r:

Edited by ccstat

I once dreamt I was standing at my school's gym with another students, arranged in perfect circles of seven people each, staring at one another without moving while the chemistry teacher wandered between groups, sometimes entering one of them, staying for ten minutes and leaving. Nobody spoke anything during the dream.

I touched the hand of the student standing to my right, and felt her skin was wet and cold, as if covered by condensation, but seemed dry. So I ran as fast as I could.

Why? Because there was only one explanation for the sensory dissonance: she was an illusion, a phantasm wrought of mist. And I knew everyone else was one too, so to escape the dream trap, I ran.

Of course, by the time I had half-realized the unreality of my prision, and the laws of physics started to give alway to the soreveingty of the awakened mind, allowing me to run on air to escape faster.

And yet, there was something wrong, something I had to do before escaping, a terrible realization that came to me less than one second after I started to run: my body, too, was an illusion.

With less than a single thought, I discarted my body and watched it collapse like a flying ragdoll and started running in the other direction, or in this case dilocating my disembodied counciousness across the dreascape in search of an exit.

But it wasn't long before I noticed something: I still had a body. That illusory prision was proving itself more resilient than I expected, I couldn't rely on my cognitive power alone to disperse it. No, I would have to find the center of the dream and disrupt it. Thankfully I knew where was the center...

So I charged my teacher with the speed of the wind itself, and the last thing I saw was her terrified face before I finnaly escaped and woke up.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Last night, I dreamed about being at work.  This is annoying enough on its own.  But I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow for my birthday, and I dreamed that I was just coming in on Tuesday.  And I had worked the day before,  And I said, "Oh, no!  I worked yesterday and I was supposed to be off!  And I missed my birthday!"

I was rather distraught.

And then I started noticing the plot holes.  Why hadn't anybody said anything to me yesterday?  Shouldn't I have notice our scheduling software showed me as off when I logged into it?  This is...suspicious.  Wait, I'm dreaming, aren't I?  None of this is real...?

Nope?

Nope.

And I woke up, thoroughly annoyed with my subconscious.  That's not the first time it's tried to pull this kind of nonsense.

I ll try to not be incoherent here. I had a balling dream last night. Ok I'm 35 and remained 35 but I was in my 17 year old body being sent back to school. My teacher was John Hurt and as the dream progressed it becomes clear that it's a magic school based on the hints of Hurt though no magic was ever done(it's a modern time classroom). Time passes and through more hints it becomes clear that I'm the illegitimate son of the King and I'm positive that I'm being groomed for the throne. More time passes and the class & teachers fly to Europe to a place called Waris and I'm thinking my time to meet the King and be made Heir is fast approaching. After landing we all go to Walmart and something happens. The teachers are in a panic and I'm rushed into a room with all of them standing around an 8 year old boy who is hurt laying on a table and I ask who is this? All the teachers become edgy and Hurt who is standing cradling the boys head says " he's your brother" implying that he in fact is the Heir and was the entire time. Every thing changes as I realized I'm going to kill this kid to gain my throne and all these teachers are here to contain and kill me if I try because as it turns out I realized I'm the ultimate villain in the dream.

Sorry I tried to type as clear as my fading thoughts let me but it felt like an epic life changing dream when I realized I was the son of the King.

Edited by Briar King

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of Eshonai. 'Specially Stormform Eshonai.

I keep having this recurring dream. I'm in a new library/bookstore, just browsing. 'Cuz you know, books. By the end of the dream, I've picked up an armful of books that I just can't wait to read, and I know that I'll love them. In some iterations of the dream I only find one book but its the perfect book, the one I've been searching high and low for.

Then I wake up, realization sets in and my heart breaks a little.

My dreams usually include a Frozen Medley to go with it :D

Also, has anyone ever dreamt in another language before?

I once dreamed in Hebrew and I've only spoken it since I was five. 

I once had a dream that I broke my leg at a carnival that was to happen the next day, Funnily enough and also quite spooky, my friend broke her leg at that carnival the next day and said the exact words she said in my dream. Kinda freaky.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

I once had a dream that I broke my leg at a carnival that was to happen the next day, Funnily enough and also quite spooky, my friend broke her leg at that carnival the next day and said the exact words she said in my dream. Kinda freaky.

yeah, that's kind of freaky.  One time, I had a dream that I was at a spelling bee, and when I went to one a few months later, the setting was exactly the same, except that everything was green instead of red.

yeah, that's kind of freaky.  One time, I had a dream that I was at a spelling bee, and when I went to one a few months later, the setting was exactly the same, except that everything was green instead of red.

Wow. The dream kinda freaked me out, it was so weird. :P

• 2 weeks later...

One time, I had a dream where I was doing my normal computer things (possibly 17th Shard, i dunno), and I look out the window beside me and see a guy looking over in my direction with binoculars. I think to myself, "Oh, that's weird." and continue on with my computer stuff. I look out the window again, and this time, the guy is right up to the window, looking through his binoculars at me. And so I thought to myself, "OK, time to go tell someone." And then it ended.

Another one involved Yoda going into the avatar state...That was weird.

One of my friend's dreams involved him and one of his friends stuck in a tree, with a guy standing next to it, holding up a gun. He says, "OK, I don't have any bullets, so I'm going to go get some. But DON'T move from the tree, or else I'll shoot you!" My friend, Friend #1, says that he's gonna leave while he has the chance, but Friend #2 says, "No! He'll shoot us!" Friend #1 ignored him and said, "Yeah, whatever, I'm leaving!" and so he did. 

And that's all.

Oh, man, this happened months and months ago.

So one night my wife and I are laying together in bed. We're restless, can't sleep, and have the giggles. We wrestled around for a while; me trying to tickle her while she tried to pinch me. Fun stuff.

Once we tire ourselves out, we STILL can't sleep. So we start talking about dreams we've had.

My wife surprises me with one of the most morbid dreams I've ever heard of - something about having to feed flies to a dead kid. Creepy stuff.

After I shared a creepy dream of my own, I told her my theory that people censor their dreams. Even if it's just a little bit. She asked me to clarify.

So I asked her if she had ever had a dream that would make me mad to hear about it. She thought for a long moment and then told me no. I called her a liar liar pants on fire, so she asked me to give me an example.

Before I tell you the dream I told her, there's something you should know about my wife. She's gorgeous. Long, luscious hair, legs that never end, and not a pound of fat on her. She's the kind of girl that gets dirty looks from other girls just for existing.

She also has a sister that's three years younger, and maybe slightly hotter.

So I told my wife about a dream I had where she suspected me of having a crush on her sister. "I know you want to sleep with my sister, you jerk. Why don't you just go ahead and do it!" she said. So I did. It was hot and vivid and definitely a fun dream to have. By the end of it, I was sleeping with both of them together.

So once I finish telling my wife this dream, I realize that it's 3am, I'm high on endorphins from the tickle fight, feeling affectionate and open, and I've let my guard down.

I look at her, and brace for impact.

"Aaaaahahaha! You're disgusting!" She laughs at me, "Oh my god! I can't wait to tell my sister you had a dream you banged the both of us!"

And from that day forward, my wife has been hanging that over my head, threatening to embarrass me.

In the dark of the night, no one can hear you scream/dream.

Seriously, when I try to speak in my dreams I start feeling like I am being strangled and no sounds come.

This reminds me of a dream/paranormal experience/semicouncious allucination I had:

It was dark in my bedroom, the darkness that obscures the mind itself and dulls thought as it sweeps away all notion of space and time. I was lying still in my bed, eyes open yet unseeing. And I felt a sense of ancious anticipation as my perception expanded and I felt several beings standing around me. Watching.

They were slightly short and inhumanly slender, and their bodies were made of cool smokeless flame so dark I couldn't see them, even thought I knew they were there. I stretched forth my hand to touch one, to know if it was an illusion, but no matter how close it was, it was always out of my reach. Then I felt something touch my leg briefily, and they disappeared.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern