One time I had a dream that I was standing in the living room while my family ran around and panicked because Voldemort was coming. I didn't get what the big deal was, so I was just kinda chillin. You-Know-Who finally gets there and he offers me a fruit snack and says "I'll give you this fruit snack if you do whatever I say." And, since that was obviously an amazing deal, I took it. Voldemort then says, "Now kill your mom." So of course I just kinda shrug and walk over to the couch, where my family is huddled in terror, and whap my mom in the face with a plastic sword. Her head rolls over and her tongue sticks out. Voldemort's satisfied, and I'm just happy that I got a fruit snack.

The dream ended with me riding bumper karts with Voldemort on a trampoline in the middle of a jungle, as only the truest of best friends do.

Well, I had another post-degree nightmare last night. 

I was still at the school where I'd earned my Master's degree, still living at home—although there were some differences. Most notably, my parents had a large group of extended family living with us, and they had apparently converted to some strange blend of Scientology and something else that mandates bizarre casseroles be eaten for the evening meal. Sometime toward the beginning of the dream, I turned my back to wrinkle my nose at a dish filled with tortilla chips, cream cheese, chopped scallions, ground meat, and sprinkles, all swimming in a bright green sauce (which I actually couldn't eat, because I'm allergic to artificial colors). Family was everywhere, and family was annoying. Just to get some peace of mind to write the latest chapter of my Harry Potter/pug crossover fanfic, I went to school. 

And that is when I realized I had been slacking off of my only class all semester. 

Somehow, once I realized this, I was back home in the garage. My dad, wearing a hideous Christmas sweater, stood at the workbench, building another casserole. "You really need to pay better attention, Danielle," he told me. "You have a habit of not noticing things." 

"I'll notice my grade tomorrow," I told him. 

So the next day, I went to the school. The class was some blend of elementary school education and mechanical engineering, and the final project involved taking a hollowed-out plastic rhino and filling it with things based on the teacher's specifications. I snuck around the building looking for a computer where I could check my grade in private, because I'd left my laptop at home. In one room, the computers were all in use; in another, they were available but surrounded by kindergarteners taking naps, so I didn't dare. I finally found one, but it was hooked up to a projector, so everyone would be able to see my grade. Still, the room was empty, so I decided to take my chances. 

Somehow, I wound up on the floor with two other students in the classroom. One of them tearfully explained how when he first took that class, years ago, he built his model based on what would help him "off the grid." His plastic rhino was filled with a layer of moldy nachos ("They weren't moldy back then") a layer of some sort of physics-defying carpet that floated above the nachos without crushing them, and two layers of ugly winter sweaters that this student explained he would wear once he went off the grid. He would somehow also smuggle guns and knives into this rhino, then use those to strike out on his own. 

I'm really not sure why he bothered putting all of this into a plastic rhino, but I guess that's just the sort of school we went to. 

No matter how old you get, or how far out of school you are, those dreams keep coming.  Trust me.  :rolleyes:

It's actually gotten to the point with me now that I start to pick up on things during the dream itself and start getting annoyed with the whole thing.  "Yes, yes, I'm in the wrong classroom.  Oh, look, the architecture keeps changing and I can't find the right classroom, and oh, oops, now the period is over even though it's been, like, maybe 2 minutes.  Are we done yet?  Could I maybe have more interesting problems to deal with now?"

Yeah, I get impatient with my subconsious when it doesn't give me monsters to fight.

No matter how old you get, or how far out of school you are, those dreams keep coming.  Trust me.

So true! I’m past forty and I still dream sometimes that I missed the first day of class and that I’m lost on the campus, not knowing were to go and certain that my whole life will be ruined because of that <_<

I have bad school dreams constantly. Specifically, I have dreams that there is a class (usually religion, sometimes history), which I've missed throughout the year, sometimes because I skip the class, sometimes because my dreamself doesn't know where the classroom is and is too embarrassed to ask. Inevitably, I end up having an exam or essay that I don't know how to do.

The odd part isn't that I (in real life) never skipped a class. Its not even the fact that lately, my "religion" class has been earmarked as "Whitecloaks" (that's the WoT religion, right?)

The weird part is that the exams I'm taking are for GSCEs or A-Levels, and I've graduated from University. Its annoying.

I've been trying all day to remember this dream, and I just did.

I dreamed I met Kobold's family last night. They were all really nice, and his dad really was the Loch Ness Monster. But he'd taken on human form, so he just looked normal.

I think we ate funnel cakes.

Ha, you remember! A lot of people lose their memories of us after they depart the Dreamscape, but there are a special few who...

I mean, huh. That's a weird dream. :ph34r:

I had my own visit from the Weird Dream Fairy last night.

It started out with me wandering with unnamed friends around an amalgamation of a hotel and outdoor mall.  I believe that there was a sci-fi convention involved, as well as an attempted retrieval of things.  These things might have been light bulbs and/or salad tongs.  (I swear, it made sense in context.  Somehow.)

Then, as we were walking outside on the sidewalk, a man with a gun jumped out.  I remember recognizing him as an enemy.  He wanted me to do something or give him something, and I refused.  He pointed the gun at me, and I refused again.  While he was about ten feet away from me, his arm was freakishly long, so I was able to grab his hand and point the gun away from me before he fired.  We wrestled a bit, with him trying to re-point it at me, and me preventing it.  It fired two more times before I was finally able to wrestle it out of his weird, spindly fingers.

So now I was pointing it at him, and I was certain that he was a Very Bad Person who would potentially destroy the world if I didn't take him down then.  So I fired.  Only then, he pulled sort of the same move that Bloody Tam pulled on Wax, and I shot one of my friends instead, the bullet flying right into her screaming mouth, at which point my dream-rewind tried to kick in.  The bullet came back out, bounced harmlessly off of my stomach, and then flew back into her mouth, lodging inside.

But she was fine, and now had a beer tap that had sprouted out of the back of her head from the bullet.  Yes.  A beer tap.  On the back of her head.

No, I have no idea what's wrong with me.

Definitely not the only one to have nightmares about my A levels then :P

For a while back, I'd been having nightmares about being late for my A levels (usually either the lit or physics paper), misplacing my identification documents, and then being stopped outside the examination hall because I couldn't prove to them I existed and then realising I hadn't studied and didn't even know what was going to be examined. :ph34r:

I mean, oh wait, I'm in university, this crem is long over :P (Recently, it's been dreams of my supervisor telling me my thesis is substandard and I have to repeat final year again, which, Madre di Dios, no. All the nopes.)

Last night it was more the weird dream fairy for me. I was just going about my business and then BAM. My entire family and I teleported to Russia for a vacation. :mellow: I know. Anyway, after wandering the streets for a bit and seeing the sights, I ended up having an intense and deep discussion about life and death with a hobo. Who was drunk, 60+ years and Ukrainian. :blink: I then got cornered on a dock by neighbors I haven't seen in half a decade. I didn't want to talk to them because I'm socially awkward and hadn't seen them in such a long time. So I just stood there. Until my alarm woke me up. It was strange, people.

Here is one of my weird dreams. It may be a little confusing because I had copied it to the Question thread from my dream journal. :) 

I was checking out the Question thread. Something about Pinkie Pie becomeing pinker after this episode FiM (!?!?)  But That's irrelevant. So, when I'm RPing Social Clans and Guilds, 17S is one place. While I was in the Question thread, Fatebreaker came in and convinced Kobold, Twilyght, and I go some where. A city where we What Happened In'd.  Then we got captured by him. We were being kept for some nefarious purpose. I think it was to sacrifice in a month, but maybe not. I was there by accident because I wasn't all that important. I was there as Epic!Winter with some ferrouskenisis(mental control) and resistance to heat. Fatebreaker was annoyed with me for not corroborating. He was about to stab me. Hr also owned the city and all the resources. I begged no, please. For some reason, he delayed the butchering of my wolf form (see Social Clans and Guilds) until later. I think I tried to run. This was the last time I saw Kobold King and Twilyght, I think. Fatebreaker started to get even creepier. He walked with me, showing me around. And at some point I tried to run. I got all the way to the boiling lake. I walked across it, not that deep. At some point, Fatebreaker left to watch a football game (?.) The team whose whose symbol was on his and Twilyght's jacket (in the dream.) After that he brought me to this paris-like block. One cafe was italian and the other (up the stairs) had cupcakes. Before this, I'd lagged back to this scaffolding and tried to seal Fatebreaker out. He apparently had enhanced something, the way he moved. Also, I saw a brief play. I can't remember what it's about.

Yep. Weird. 

This is one of my worst recurring nightmares I've had since a kid.

I'm standing somewhere dark. I can't see much, just the vague impression that I'm between two boulders, but not a canyon. I can hear a rumbling sound, similar to my old washing machine. The rumbling grows louder, but nothing moves. It gets louder and loudre and LOUDER. What happens next is something I can't describe. I feel like I become the rumbling. I twist, and distort, and convulse. It's not painful, but it's nauseous. The worst thing is, these dreams go for a long, long time. It's like I didn't sleep, and I'm just lying there delirious and thinking that I'm sleeping.

I once dreamed I was being chased by the Phantom of the Opera around the backstage of a theater. At one point, I was chased into a circle of a bunch of people that were cross-stitching. I shouted that it was the Phantom of the Opera, but the cross-stitchers said something like "Nah, that can't be him." and they went back to their needles - even though he was standing right there. Then the dream moved into something I can't remember. It was terrifying, but only in a non-specific way.

Most of the dreams I remember having recently involve me moving around continuously in a futile quest quest to do one thing. Last night it was about paying for something (I forgot what specifically). I was looking for the cashier, going through various doors and talking to different people asking for directions, but I never found where to pay for the thing until the woke up.

Several weeks ago the dream was about withdrawing money from an ATM so that I could eat at a sushi restaurant. I spent a long time walking around the city, going in and out of a couple of buildings in the process, without finding a single sparking ATM. (I had a huge craving for sushi after I woke from that dream.)

Note to self: Reach for your dreams, but not in your dreams. Because you never get anything done in your dreams.

When I have nightmares (which is rare), they're usually of the form of me being back in school and failing some test or otherwise being humiliated in class.

Sometimes I dream about falling, but I wake up immediately when that happens. (I am slightly acrophobic.)

Several times in the past couple of years I've woken up after distinctly hearing my dad or my mom call me to come down for breakfast. Then I realize I'm alone in my apartment, not in my parents' house. It was a bit creepy at first, but now I think it's just my brain trying its best to keep me from getting late for work. :P

Edited by skaa

I have no idea what my consciousness is trying to tell me. That I'm too goal-oriented? That I'm bad at directions? *scratches head*

Ah, the subconscious. Good luck figuring that guy out. ;)

Recently I had a recurring dream (unless I only dreamed it was recurring, in which case, what the storms brain!?) which involved a dead body, my bishop, and Sherlock Holmes' pipe.

Needless to say, I had a serious hankering for mystery stories after I woke up.

Oh man, I could go on. 

There was one involving Minecraft and lava and MLP I think??? lolwut.

I have a weird head.  :P

Oh! After I read Steelheart for the first time, I dreamed Fortuity got into our house and my brother needed me to throw hunks of cheddar cheese while he sniped the guy. And Fortuity looked exactly like Hitler, but in a red suit and cape. 

….

I think my subconscious was trying to tell me that cheese is the answer to every problem. :D 

Ah, the subconscious. Good luck figuring that guy out. ;)

Recently I had a recurring dream (unless I only dreamed it was recurring, in which case, what the storms brain!?) which involved a dead body, my bishop, and Sherlock Holmes' pipe.

Whoops, I guess I shouldn't have edited that part out of my post. Sorry about that.

Oh! After I read Steelheart for the first time, I dreamed Fortuity got into our house and my brother needed me to throw hunks of cheddar cheese while he sniped the guy. And Fortuity looked exactly like Hitler, but in a red suit and cape. 

….

I think my subconscious was trying to tell me that cheese is the answer to every problem. :D

Reminds me of this thread. :P

I was having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream about me having a dream