Limited Editions of Perfect State and Shadows for Silence from Subterranean Press

So Subterranean Press is putting out special editions of Perfect State and Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell.

Each will have a full color dust jacket and five interior two-color art pieces and by housed together in a slipcase.  The super limited edition already seems to be sold out but the lower tier is listed at $99.

Does it have to be so expensive? Can't we just get mass-market paperback editions?

Well these are limited editions, there are only going to be 500 of them?  Also these are not the only physical edition, Brandon's current con-exclusive is a flipback hardcover of the two and that will be going on sale in his store in the fall.  And they're probably far too short for an mmp edition.

Well these are limited editions, there are only going to be 500 of them?  Also these are not the only physical edition, Brandon's current con-exclusive is a flipback hardcover of the two and that will be going on sale in his store in the fall.  And they're probably far too short for an mmp edition.

Fair point about the limited editions.

I think he should release an MMP edition of all his novels, in one compilation. It would be cool, to have them all in print.

Fair point about the limited editions.

I think he should release an MMP edition of all his novels, in one compilation. It would be cool, to have them all in print.

Except no one would be able to lift it up. :P

• 2 months later...

I hope that at some point we are able to buy hardcover Cosmere short story anthologies. Already, if I'm not mistaken, the Cosmere canon includes: Sixth of the Dusk, Shadows for Silence, The Hope of Elantris, the Eleventh Metal, the Allomancer Jak story from the Alloy MAG expansion, and.... I forget, is there a canon short in the Terris MAG?

Anyway, I love having all of my Cosmere hardcovers sitting on my shelf, I hope someday the collection will be able to be 100% complete.

I hope that at some point we are able to buy hardcover Cosmere short story anthologies. Already, if I'm not mistaken, the Cosmere canon includes: Sixth of the Dusk, Shadows for Silence, The Hope of Elantris, the Eleventh Metal, the Allomancer Jak story from the Alloy MAG expansion, and.... I forget, is there a canon short in the Terris MAG?

Anyway, I love having all of my Cosmere hardcovers sitting on my shelf, I hope someday the collection will be able to be 100% complete.

Brandon has mentioned that Tor wants to do a collection of the cosmere shorts, but if he were to do that he would want to make sure there is a new story in it as well.  So it'll probably happen, but it depends on his writing schedule.  (And no there is not a story by Brandon in Terris: Wrought of Copper)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the Shadows cover, especially with the fox in the background. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a (cheaper) physical copy of Perfect State to surface, so I can't comment on that cover (other than that the giant robot looks really cool).

I love the Shadows cover, especially with the fox in the background. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a (cheaper) physical copy of Perfect State to surface, so I can't comment on that cover (other than that the giant robot looks really cool).

Perfect State does have a physical copy in the form of a flipback hardcover with Shadows for Silence.  It was Brandon's con exclusive this year but it should go up in his store in the next couple months.

Unless you mean a solo physical release, in which case it's probably too short for that to be feasible.  If Brandon writes a sequel (which I hope he does) I could see him doing doing a physical omnibus then.

Perfect State does have a physical copy in the form of a flipback hardcover with Shadows for Silence.  It was Brandon's con exclusive this year but it should go up in his store in the next couple months.

Unless you mean a solo physical release, in which case it's probably too short for that to be feasible.  If Brandon writes a sequel (which I hope he does) I could see him doing doing a physical omnibus then.

Yeah, that's what I'm waiting on. Hopefully we get some news on it soon...

• Chaos locked this topic