Hello from Spain! (Terrible English inside)

Sasori

Hello, I present myself and first of all, sorry for my English, like i say im spanish (European) and I can read English but I can hardly speak or write properly.

For correcting my text I use a translator to do better, but even so please try not to laugh a lot from me xD.

I'm a big fan of Brandon, I have read all the books that have been translated and WOR is the first book I've read in English (I learned English just for this!) because I can not wait, currently WOR not been translated to spanish (can you believe it?), the date for Spain is the July 1 after several delays ... the good news is that come to my country with the original cover and hardcover, with a reprint of the first book with original cover too! Have the original artwork is very rare (and appreciated) in my country where they often destroy the covers ... for example this is the final empire:

WJj56rT.jpg

Yes, you can feel bad for me, I had to pay for this. I think it is the best example of never judge a book by its cover. I can not believe that so many authors let the covers of his books change in this way in other countries, is not controlled?

Well, in conclusion, I am very happy to participate at last, I've been reading this forum for a very long time. And I can tell that after being able to read in English I will not wait years again to read the next book. Of course I will continue buying them because otherwise they will not will translate the rest, and many people in my country will not be able to enjoy these books... And I want the books physically xD. 

¡Saludos!

PD: Oh, yes, one more thing, my name does not come from "Naruto" Everyone asks me that xD.

Edited by Sasori

Welcome!

That book cover...  :blink: I have no idea what that's meant to represent. ??? What.

Pssh, just because Naruto is the main reason for English-speakers to know that "sasori" is an actual word in Japanese.  :lol: /it's quite justified actually

Hope you have fun here. And beware of the cookies.  :lol:

Hi and welcome! You have a couple unusually formal phrases there (I present myself) but I'm not sure if that's normal to say in Spanish?

Anyway, your English is pretty good. I'm super impressed you learnt it just to read WoR! I have a copy of Misbtorn in Hebrew but i haven't got more than a couple chapters in because is takes too much effort. XP (I've read it in English though).

So yeah, beware of cookies and brace yourself for all round craziness :)

-Ty  for greeting me!

Welcome!

That book cover...   :blink: I have no idea what that's meant to represent. ??? What.

Pssh, just because Naruto is the main reason for English-speakers to know that "sasori" is an actual word in Japanese.   :lol: /it's quite justified actually

Hope you have fun here. And beware of the cookies.

You do not want to see the rest of covers that we have in some books. Naruto has hurt me in a way of identity (I hope this phrase makes sense) had to comment xD.

Hi and welcome! You have a couple unusually formal phrases there (I present myself) but I'm not sure if that's normal to say in Spanish?

Anyway, your English is pretty good. I'm super impressed you learnt it just to read WoR! I have a copy of Misbtorn in Hebrew but i haven't got more than a couple chapters in because is takes too much effort. XP (I've read it in English though).

So yeah, beware of cookies and brace yourself for all round craziness :)

Maybe "I introduce myself"? I just want...  words are hard "i submit"? I feel like a newcomer spren, not know words! 

Yes, instead of learning English for work or studies it has been for a book xD. At first it was an attemp, but it feels intense able to read in another language. I feel like cheating to read something that should take years to have, when I started to learn enough English to read (I want to marry my kindle and his dictionary) could not stop. Instead write and speak is a completely different issue, without a translator and dictionary I can do nothing for now.

Hi and welcome to the community. I'm also from Spain (Barcelona). Did a blog with some friends about Sanderson and the Cosmere this January (we even have a group on Facebook for Spanish readers if you want to join) and I'm helping right now on the translate of Words of Radiance.

And yes, the book covers from Mistborn are bad (We are trying to talk with Nova to change them. We made them change the cover of "El camino de los reyes" for the new edition that will be on stores the 1st of July). The first cover is crazy bad... it's a steel inquisitor? it's a male, bald, Vin (look at the ear)? The second one wasn't that bad, but the third... Why is that blondy holding Sting(Frodo's sword)??

Saludos y bienvenida.

-Ty for greeting me!

You do not want to see the rest of covers that we have in some books. Naruto has hurt me in a way of identity (I hope this phrase makes sense) had to comment xD.

Maybe "I introduce myself"? I just want... words are hard "i submit"? I feel like a newcomer spren, not know words!

Yes, instead of learning English for work or studies it has been for a book xD. At first it was an attemp, but it feels intense able to read in another language. I feel like cheating to read something that should take years to have, when I started to learn enough English to read (I want to marry my kindle and his dictionary) could not stop. Instead write and speak is a completely different issue, without a translator and dictionary I can do nothing for now.

Usually you'd say "hi my name is", you could introduce someone else to a third person, then you'd say 'I want to introduce you to my friend', but you don't usually say you're introducing yourself.

It's ok, dont feel awkward about language. Hopefully we'll help you improve so you can read more untranslated books!

Can you understand more than you can 'speak'?

Hi and welcome to the community. I'm also from Spain (Barcelona). Did a blog with some friends about Sanderson and the Cosmere this January (we even have a group on Facebook for Spanish readers if you want to join) and I'm helping right now on the translate of Words of Radiance.

And yes, the book covers from Mistborn are bad (We are trying to talk with Nova to change them. We made them change the cover of "El camino de los reyes" for the new edition that will be on stores the 1st of July). The first cover is crazy bad... it's a steel inquisitor? it's a male, bald, Vin (look at the ear)? The second one wasn't that bad, but the third... Why is that blondy holding Sting(Frodo's sword)??

Saludos y bienvenida.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I would not mind seeing this blog, I do not usually use facebook ... A couple of dangerous ex-girlfriends live there > _> But I join the group without problems!

PD: Soy chico, por si he malinterpretado lo de "bienvenida" xD.

Usually you'd say "hi my name is", you could introduce someone else to a third person, then you'd say 'I want to introduce you to my friend', but you don't usually say you're introducing yourself.

It's ok, dont feel awkward about language. Hopefully we'll help you improve so you can read more untranslated books!

Can you understand more than you can 'speak'?

Ok, thanks, I think I understand my mistake. I can definitely read (understand) much more of what I am able to speak or write, because I understand the context and helps fit phrases and words that initially do not make sense to me. The biggest problem I've had with WoR are words-fusion, which are much used in the book, I read the first book in Spanish and translation of many came easily "darkborn" "Windrunners" etc. but with others I I have had no reference and epigraphs have been really complicated, could hardly understand the words of those, but the rest was relatively easy and I'm very happy with it.

Edited by Sasori

Saludos y bienvenida.

Yes, that is Sting. Without a doubt.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I would not mind seeing this blog, I do not usually use facebook ... A couple of dangerous ex-girlfriends live there > _> But I join the group without problems!

PD: Soy chico, por si he malinterpretado lo de "bienvenida" xD.

Aquí link to the blog. aquí group on Facebook. 

PD: Se me fue la olla, estaba dándote la bienvenida, reconstruí la frase y dejé la a en lugar de cambiar por una o. xD

Aquí link to the blog. aquí group on Facebook. 

PD: Se me fue la olla, estaba dándote la bienvenida, reconstruí la frase y dejé la a en lugar de cambiar por una o. xD

Ok, I'll send you a message to comment in spanish, because I feel completely awkward in english.