• 4 weeks later...

Sazedezas counted out four dice for a Physique roll, including his original two and two from his Traits. He rolled the dice, letting out a cry of surprise and joy as he saw two fives and two Nudges written on the upward faces of the dice. His roll having succeeded, he pushed open the huge doors and strode pompously into the hall.

He bowed low, a sign of respect that he knew would qualify as a Positive Circumstance, potentially gaining him the tenth and final Charm die he would need for his upcoming roll.

"Great Mistrunner" he said, rolling ten dice for Charm. "I wish to become one of you, a Knight Awkward. Additionally, I wish to belong to the Order of the Rolesmiths."

Sazedezas took a knee, and began his recitation of the Oaths:

"Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

I will bind others together with fictional narratives.

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me.

I shall raise my strength stat to defend those without, even at the cost of my resources."

Sazedezas rose to his feet, exploding with anticipation, and awaited Mistrunner's response.

Edited by Sazedezas
typos

• 4 weeks later...

*SLAM*

The gently rocking cupboard, that had been sitting rocking in the corner of the library for the past few years, hit the floor with a muffled yelp. The cracks between the doors began to sprout white fur and creak alarmingly, until with a loud crack (Which caused several of the Knights in the library to turn and yell "Shush!"), the lock on the door snapped, and the cupboard doors sprang open.

Out poured a mass of white hair that sounded like it was cursing in several languages, rolling to a stop a short distance away. "Ha!" The mass of fur shouted (again, several Knights shushed the furball), and a pair of skinny, wrinkly legs poked out of the bottom of the ball. A pair of arms that went very well with the skinny, wrinkly legs popped out, one from each side, and slowly started the nigh impossible task of putting the hair back under control.

Several hours later, a final swipe of the hands pushed the last of the beard into place to reveal the face of Botholomew the Blind, looking very pleased with himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The other day, a member of the Quipsmiths was passing by the Shipward Quarters and asked me if I shipped Jasnah and Shallan. I, being one to accept any and all ships, of course said yes. He responded by sighing audibly and shaking his head in dismay and said: "But, Blade did you not know? That ship has sank!" 

I, was of course, forced to laugh despite it's crassness.

• 5 weeks later...

cloaked in darkness the figure enters Mistrunner's throne room/library.

with a sweeping bow the cloaked figure offers the hilt of her sword.

"to you m'lady I will give my sword and oaths if you would have them."

Books before friends.

I will make fun of the unmakefunnable

I shall be frustrating when people hate me for it

I shall not reuse jokes on pain of being dunked in a highstorm

A lone form enters from the dark night air outside, He kneels before the throne of the great Mistrunner.

"I beseech thee, oh great Mistrunner, Leader of The Knights Awkward! Grant me entrance into this great brotherhood, that I may become the most powerful Quipsmith ever to join your ranks. Give me entrance and I will swear my loyalty to you and The Knights Awkward from this day forward and forevermore!"

Slowly he looks up, "I must however confess, I went to the Assassin's in Technicolor before you. But it turns out, there was nobody home... awkward."  Suddenly he realizes, Mistrunner's throne is empty, "Storms, I did it again!, I really need to pay better attention."

"Books before friends.

Release dates before birthdays."

"I will make fun of the unmakefunnable

I will not reuse jokes on pain of being dunked in a highstorm."

Slowly the figure looked around the large open chamber, noticing for the first time the forms slumped around the room. Some had crumbs falling from their mouth, others hunched over books as if in thought. “What happened here?” He spoke, “what is this enchantment that lies over these people?” 

“Surely @Mistrunner has not fallen prey to this curse as well, if so that would make this incredibly awkward.”

• 2 weeks later...

I Am Witless enters the room awkwardly.

I Am Witless isn't good at roleplaying.

"Books before friends, 17th Shard before the real world, Release days before birthdays." She mutters, avoiding eye contact. "I will read that which has not been read, I will stay silent amongst many words, I will enjoy without being upvoted." She looks around, but ends up back at her feet. "I also came here for a spiked cookie. If anyone has one. Y'know....."

Darjeeling entered the stronghold of the Knights Awkward somewhat awkwardly. He had everything he needed with him in order to join the illustrious order: a bag of dice, spare character sheets, a full pencil case, and more notebooks than he knew what to do with.

"Hello there," he announced to the room at large. "I'm here to join the Knights and pledge myself to being a Rolesmith."

All he had to do now, it seemed, was take the oaths.

"Books before friends.

I will bind others together with fictional narratives.

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me.

I shall raise my strength stat to defend those without, even at the cost of my resources."

Ally is very confused how she isn't dead yet, since she seems to have a problem with staying present. 

"I'M NOT DEAD YET!" she yells "TIS BUT A FLESH WOUND!". She also looks around and sees many new people. "Oh, why hello..." she suddenly becomes very self-conscious and looks around. "Are bookies still a thing? I think I might need one now..." 

• 2 weeks later...

T8* stumbles into the fortress of the knights awkward and sets down the stack of 20 books he was carrying. He (somewhat awkwardly) says "Great MIstrunner, I wish to join the ranks of the knights awkward as a Convertshaper

"Books before friends.

He pauses to readjust his books so they don't fall over.

"I will convert those who are not

I will convince those without to buy two copies

I will loan my extras to anyone without"

As he lifts his head, he sees that he is not pointed towards Mistrunner's throne, but at the wall right next to it. He quickly readjust's his position ans bows his head again, waiting for a reply.

• 1 month later...

Noha walks into the room. Hey there? Nice fake beard! Oh, thats real? Could've fooled me! Anyway, what was i doing here? Ah, yes. I remember now! 

Books before friends.

I will make fun of the unmakefunnable
I will not reuse jokes on pain of being dunked in a highstorm

There we go! Out of curiousity, what order are you @Mistrunner? Do we have fellow quipsmith among us? Although some semblance of Wit is required for this order, a semblance you seem to be lacking...

Noha sits down mumbling about how flawed everyone else's Awkwardspren are.

• 2 weeks later...

As he enters the room, Lopen notices a servant, walks up to them and says " Have you ever heard about how I swore my first ideal of the Knights Awkward? Of course not, you probably don't even know what it is. Here:

Books before friends.

A cold chill rose through him, and Ashe, the spren who had been stalking him for days, gave a Hoidesque smile. Lopen scowled, " I was saving it for a more dramatic moment. Bah! No matter. The Lopen would like to join your guild, great Mistrunner, the second most attractive person on Roshar! I believe that the Herald Hoid himself wants me to join his order, so I will oblige!" Looks to Mistrunner with a smile seen only on the lips of Quipsmiths,  but his eyes betray how unsure he is. How will his brazen attitude fair with one so powerful? His heart is as scrambled as a mind seeing High Imperial for the first time. He then trips over an Awkwardspren, earning a respectful glance from some members of the court, before they returned back to their books. But Mistrunner does not flinch, she simply keeps mumbling to herself about the 25th anniversary edition of Elantris, only the top of her head poking out above a copy of WOR. What will she decide? Meanwhile, he seems to have attracted so many shamespren that his figure is completely obscured, with some fearspren in there to mix it up.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

• 7 months later...

The room suddenly became dark. Through the stained-glass windows depicting various scenes from Sanderson fanfic, ominous looking clouds covered the sky, occasionally crackling with red lightning. Shadows grew longer; spheres, usually bright with Booklight, suddenly grew dark; a chill swept through the room, and everyone got the vague sense that something was wrong. However, if one were a true expert of the Surges of the Knights Awkward, one might recognize the work of a Surgebinder here.

Specifically, one using the Surge of Dramatic Tension.

Like many others had before, the doors were banged open, and a strange figure strode in. He was covered in a strange lilac crystal armor, which covered the entire body and included a purple cloak and crystalline helm which shadowed the face, but from which golden locks could be seen flowing. They also carried an Awkwardblade in the form of a feathered pen, but somehow they seemed to use it relatively elegantly, unlike most.

The figure stopped before the assembled Knights Awkward. There was silence for a moment, and then the figure let out a low chuckle.  "So," he said in a smooth yet dangerous voice. "You probably assume me to be some random fop, showing up here with a horrible grasp on RP mechanics and making some lame Mistborn references.

"Unfortunately, that is not my reason for coming here. Lord Forium has decided this rebellion has gone on long enough. You humans have enslaved the Fanshendi long enough. It is time that we took back this kingdom.

"My name is Le Sigh, and I shall be the doom of the Knights Awkward."

Edited by Le Sigh
fix for lore

9 minutes ago, Le Sigh said:

The room suddenly became dark. Through the stained-glass windows depicting various scenes from Sanderson fanfic, ominous looking clouds covered the sky, occasionally crackling with red lightning. Shadows grew longer; spheres, usually bright with Oddlight, suddenly grew dark; a chill swept through the room, and everyone got the vague sense that something was wrong. However, if one were a true expert of the Surges of the Knights Awkward, one might recognize the work of a Surgebinder here.

Specifically, one using the Surge of Dramatic Tension.

Like many others had before, the doors were banged open, and a strange figure strode in. He (or was it a she?) was covered in a strange lilac crystal armor, which covered the entire body and included a purple cloak and crystalline helm which enshadowed the face, but from which golden locks could be seen flowing. They also carried an Awkwardblade in the form of a feathered pen, but somehow they seemed to use it relatively elegantly, unlike most.

The figure stopped before the assembled Knights Awkward. There was silence for a moment, and then the figure let out a low chuckle.  "So," they said in a smooth yet dangerous voice. "You probably assume me to be some random fop, showing up here with a horrible grasp on RP mechanics and making some lame Mistborn references.

"Unfortunately, that is not my reason for coming here. Lord Forium has decided this rebellion has gone on long enough. You humans have enslaved the Fanshendi long enough. It is time that we took back this kingdom.

"My name is Le Sigh, and I shall be the doom of the Knights Awkward."

Have an upvote, you magnificent cremling :lol:

Also, welcome to the forum!