Funniest Scenes in Stormlight Archive (so far)

Tetriona

So... I can honestly say that there have been many parts in the Stormlight Archive that have made me burst out laughing very loudly, (thus resulting in my family looking at me like I'd lost my mind...) The one scene that stands out in my mind is the part where Shallan and Tyn encounter Kaladin on the road for the first time. :lol:

"I offend!............Boots!!"

What line/scene has made you laugh the hardest so far and what character do you think is the funniest???

Funniest character: maybe Lopen or Rock :D

Wit insulting others and Shallan quipping are both funny XD

In WoK:

- Renarin saying "nothing ridiculous"

- Rock telling Kaladin and Teft his true name for the first time

In WoR:

- All the birds are called "chicken"

- Boots incident ("No apologize! Boots!") (and everytime Shallan and Kaladin banter with each other)

- Kaladin learning to ride horse (and what he did with Dreamstorm)

- Pattern telling jokes (I mean what he said in chapter 60)

- Shallan asking Adolin to slay some moss for her

- Adolin admitting that he has shat his Plate three times

- Adolin saying that he wanted to pay to see a happy Kaladin (and everytime these two have interactions)

(Adolin is such a cutie in this book :D)

- Shallan hugging Wit (This scene made my day, yay!)

That's all I can think of for now :)

Edited by Botanica

"I, Adolin Kholin, Highprince of Kholinar, have shat myself in my Shardplate, three times, on purpose" (This is how I remember it, may not be perfect)

That literally had me rolling on the floor at home while my kids watched and my girlfriend was worried I was having a seizure.

The Shallan/Kaladin boots incident. (Did she ever return them? I can't remember)

Any time Kaladin lies to Syl and she gives him "the look"

Lopen at the end of Book 2. "Hey, give me all your money! I have important Glowing to be doing!" (Again, that's from memory)

Another one...

"You all seem odd to me," Syl said lightly. "Everyone but Rock, who is a complete gentlemen."

"He thinks you're a god. You shouldn't encourage him."

"Why not? I am a god."

He turned his head, looking at her flatly as she sat on his shoulder. "Syl..."

"What? I am!" She grinned and held up her fingers, as if pinching something very small. "A little piece of one. Very, very little. You have permission to bow to me now."

"I, Adolin Kholin, Highprince of Kholinar, have shat myself in my Shardplate, three times, on purpose" (This is how I remember it, may not be perfect)

That literally had me rolling on the floor at home while my kids watched and my girlfriend was worried I was having a seizure.

The Shallan/Kaladin boots incident. (Did she ever return them? I can't remember)

Lopen at the end of Book 2. "Hey, give me all your money! I have important Glowing to be doing!" (Again, that's from memory)

She gives him 12 new sets.

Don't remember exactly, but the scene where Sigzil and Rock are arguing about the Horneater ocean. Anyway it was something like; 

Moash: You have an ocean on the top of your mountain? 

Rock: He is small ocean, 

Sigzil: It's a lake.

Rock: HE IS OCEAN! 

And of course the scene with Shallan and Stick.  :)

I laugh so much when I read the Adolin scee, each time I read something and chuckle, my husband asks if it is the shatting in the armor story again  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I find Lopen generally humrous, and rock. I also like a lot of what pattern says. This is one of my favorite exchanges:

Shallan cocked an eyebrow at him.

“I have guessed that what you said is humorous,” Pattern said. “Though I do not know why. It was not a joke. I know of jokes. A soldier came running into camp after going to see the prostitutes. He was white in the face. His friends asked if he had found a good time. He said that he had not. They asked why. He said that when he’d asked how much the woman charged, she’d said one mark plus the tip. He told his friends that he hadn’t realized they were charging body parts now.”

Shallan grimaced. “you heard that from Vathah’s men, didn’t you?”

“Yes. It is funny because the word ‘tip’ means several different things. A payment made in addition to the sum initially charged, usually given voluntarily, and the top piece of something. In addition, I believe that ‘the tip’ means something in the slang of the soldiers, and so the man in the joke though the was going to cut off his-“

“Yes, thank you,” Shallan said.

(Pg 743 on my nook)

Elhokar at Lopen's mother's house.

I think that was EXACTLY what Elhokar needs to start becoming a better king.

And it was definitely comedy gold.

It was a rock, I believe. Rocks>sticks any day. I mean, between Stone Shamans, Taln Stonesinew, Tien, Szeths oathstone and Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor it is hard to see how a somewhat strong willed stick is given so much adoration.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

• 2 weeks later...