A rain of shrdblades?[WoR spoilers ahead!]

rederel

I recently thought of an interesting question,and thought about sharing it-

As we know,by the end of words of radiance dalinar became a bondsmith by forming a bond with the stormfather himself.

Now,as we also discovered earlier in the book,the shardblades are in fact spern,and each radiant's blade was actually his bonded spern.

Are we supposed to expect a gigantic shardblade to fall from the skies when dalinar needs it?and if such a thing does happen,how will it effect the highstorms?

I will not be a simple sword to you, the storm father warned. I will not come as you call, and you will have to divest yourself of that... monstrosity that you carry. You will be a radiant with no shards.

"it will be what it must"

So highly unlikely on the giant sword front. Given the relative rarity of bondsmiths however his surges might have potent effects.

The mention of "shards" in the plural lends credibility to the theory that shard plate is directly related to the nahel bond of the radiant / proto-radiant (e.g. shard plate is composed of lesser spren associated with the KR orders' higher spren) rather than being a fabrial construct as some are suggesting on another thread.

I mean the stormfather ought to know.

More interesting is whether or not Dalinar can converse with the Stormfather as readily as Kaladin & Syl and Shalan & Pattern. The Stormfather could fill in so many gaps in our current understanding, wonder if the Stormfather will hand Dalinar a RAFO?

I can kind of see the Stormfather being like "fine, I'll be your bonded spren." And then leaving Dalinar alone for the most part and just going off to... continue bringing highstorms to Roshar or whatever and checking in every once in a while... Probably with each passing highstorm.

... That's what the Stormfather does, right?

I wonder what would happen if the Stormfather let Dalinar use him as a blade. Would it only work during a highstorm? Would Dalinar be able to control the highstorms? Would he have acess to all stormlight of the highstorms? If he could be called between highstorms, would it affect highsrorms somehow? Summon the highstorm? Temporaly take away the highstorm stormlight?

• 8 months later...

More interesting is whether or not Dalinar can converse with the Stormfather as readily as Kaladin & Syl and Shalan & Pattern. The Stormfather could fill in so many gaps in our current understanding, wonder if the Stormfather will hand Dalinar a RAFO?

Not RAFO, LAFO -- Live And Find Out

I can kind of see the Stormfather being like "fine, I'll be your bonded spren." And then leaving Dalinar alone for the most part and just going off to... continue bringing highstorms to Roshar or whatever and checking in every once in a while... Probably with each passing highstorm.

... That's what the Stormfather does, right?

This is the right meme you need:

post-6459-0-65651800-1454470539_thumb.jp

(Found in the Sanderson Memes thread.)

I really don't think that we'll see a gigantic blade from the sky,the blade will just form in dalinar's hand like any other normal shardblade,but....it will be very epic to see that sword,from the stormfather himself!! It going to be the greatest shardblade ever,I'm very much looking forward to seeing that blade.

• Chaos locked this topic