Who would win?

SirZelig

66 members have voted

1. 1. In a sword fight, who would win Lan or Tam?

• Lan
    • Tam
    • Both Sheathing the Sword

I am sure there is a Jordan forum that this is posted on, or should be posted on, but I dont vist those. So here it is on the Sanderson forum. :)/>

After reading the books and loving the sword fights in them. Now, after reading MoL and I begin to wonder who would win in a fight Lan or Tam?

• 1 month later...

I am sure there is a Jordan forum that this is posted on, or should be posted on, but I dont vist those. So here it is on the Sanderson forum. :)/>/>

After reading the books and loving the sword fights in them. Now, after reading MoL and I begin to wonder who would win in a fight Lan or Tam?

I wanted to vote Tam. I really did. However Lan has the warder bond, plus the whole "not living as a shepard on a farm for the last 20 years" thing going for him.

I wanted to vote Tam. I really did. However Lan has the warder bond, plus the whole "not living as a shepard on a farm for the last 20 years" thing going for him.

Yeah, but they didn't specify which weapons. Lan would slice Tam up into a million pieces, then look down and notice that he'd been shot 16 times before Tam went down. End result: draw.

• 1 year later...

C'mon, Tam is the beast! B)  He could kick the Gawyn/Galad's butts if he was a little younger and I would really love to see what would happen if he had had all the advantages towards sword play that Lan did. Or he could just snipe them all :ph34r:

I was hoping to see Rand put Gawyn on his royal behind just once... his POV's were so tedious lol

Battle royal in a stedding, Demandred kills Gawyn and Galad. Lan and Demandred have an epic battle but Lan kills him and is the winner by a whisker;

He throws back his head and roars with victory...Tam snipes him and rides home on a sheep (There is farming to be done after all)

Rand is just busy having a fourway...

It's a tough call but I have to go with the advantage granted by the Warder bond. To assume Tam would win or even that they would tie overcoming that advantage would be to assume that Tam is orders of magnitude better than Lan, who let's not forget has spent his entire life fighting along the Blight, while Tam has spent the last 20 years as a Shepherd.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Maybe if the duel was at Tam best moment and with Lan without a Warden bond. Tam may have a chance to be an equals of Lan (or at least a good challenge to him). But as we the Characters are during the WoT. Lan is far better than Tam.