I've also never played a tabletop RPG, but they sound fun.

What is this site update you guys are talking about?

Edge, I like that icon a lot.

They have the same advatage our RP has over video games that one controls the narative but has another structure, both because of the dice and rules and because all players build a team against what the Gm throws at them. They do sound interesting.

Before it you could accidentally double post by clicking the post bottom again, it now seems to have some kind of cooldown.

Thank you.

5e96752819458c2e5a439f36631f94fa.jpg

Interesting indeed. :ph34r:

Yes, theoretically the GM can always win, which is why a us versus him mentality doesn't make much sense. The GM has the role of controling everything except the player's characters and should use that to give the players a fitting challenge and build a good story. Which of course also means the GM has the biggest work load.

Yes, theoretically the GM can always win, which is why a us versus him mentality doesn't make much sense. The GM has the role of controling everything except the player's characters and should use that to give the players a fitting challenge and build a good story. Which of course also means the GM has the biggest work load.

Eh, I don't really care about winning so much. I like this format because it makes for a good story, and it's fun being surprised sometimes. ;) (Plus, Voidgaze. The other format would tempt me to make her Empress of Everything. :P

Eh, I don't really care about winning so much. I like this format because it makes for a good story, and it's fun being surprised sometimes. ;) (Plus, Voidgaze. The other format would tempt me to make her Empress of Everything. :P

There is a saying in tabletop RPGs that no plan survives the contact with the enemy players. Simply because the GM can't really anticipate everything the players might do and so often forces the GM to improvice. (That would be a perfectly valid campaign goal. :P )

I've also been playing around with the Mutants & Masterminds rulebook and found that it is completely possible to create Steelheart. (Although, I'm not sure which exact numbers would be appropriate.)

There is a saying in tabletop RPGs that no plan survives the contact with the enemy players. Simply because the GM can't really anticipate everything the players might do and so often forces the GM to improvice. (That would be a perfectly valid campaign goal. :P )

I've also been playing around with the Mutants & Masterminds rulebook and found that it is completely possible to create Steelheart. (Although, I'm not sure which exact numbers would be appropriate.)

Good thing I'm a ​pantser discovery writer, then. I can't even railroad my original fiction characters. (I tried once, but the story wound up going in a completely different direction anyway.) 

That would be the ultimate campaign goal. Smaller goals would include: getting Voidgaze a kitten, getting Voidgaze some waffles, getting Voidgaze a date with Big Al, and killing Nighthound. :P 

Good thing I'm a ​pantser discovery writer, then. I can't even railroad my original fiction characters. (I tried once, but the story wound up going in a completely different direction anyway.) 

That would be the ultimate campaign goal. Smaller goals would include: getting Voidgaze a kitten, getting Voidgaze some waffles, getting Voidgaze a date with Big Al, and killing Nighthound. :P

I find Brandon's approach interesting of casting different characters for a role until he finds one that fits his outline.

Does that mean you would take Voidgaze and Nighthound as GM-NPCs instead of letting me play them? ;)

I like that last goal. :ph34r:

(Is currently getting a bit creative to fit Prof's forcefields into the rules. Currently plays with the Alternate Power feat.)

I find Brandon's approach interesting of casting different characters for a role until he finds one that fits his outline.

Does that mean you would take Voidgaze and Nighthound as GM-NPCs instead of letting me play them? ;)

I like that last goal. :ph34r:

(Is currently getting a bit creative to fit Prof's forcefields into the rules. Currently plays with the Alternate Power feat.)

That is an interesting approach. Time will tell whether my approach of coming up with a character that interests me and casting about for a story where they fit will be as successful. :ph34r: 

Nah, if Nighthound were a GM-NPC, I'd spend more time thinking up creative ways to cause him pain than on the actual story. :P 

That is an interesting approach. Time will tell whether my approach of coming up with a character that interests me and casting about for a story where they fit will be as successful. :ph34r:

Nah, if Nighthound were a GM-NPC, I'd spend more time thinking up creative ways to cause him pain than on the actual story. :P

I can tell that you've characters down pat, so the result can't be horrible at the very least. ;)

Mhmm what to do. Nighthound pain sounds so tempting. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

Thanks. ^_^

Have you ever wondered how Nighthound would hold up against IT from the Stephen King novel of the same name? No? Perhaps its time to start. :ph34r:

I admit that I don't know IT :mellow: ...how badly would it mangle Nighthound?

Glamour, Backtrack, and Deathwish posts up. With an extra update with Arsenal, no less. I think I got a little carried away writing Deathwish there at the end, but I kind of like the way the scene turned out. It's both karmic and it lets me showcase another element of his slontze-y character.   :P

Edited by Kobold King

I admit that I don't know IT :mellow: ...how badly would it mangle Nighthound?

I'm…not entirely sure, but he's basically a shapeshifting cannibalistic clown from outer space. I haven't read the books or watched the movie—that sort of horror isn't my speed—but I've absorbed a good bit from pop culture osmosis. 

In other news, Deathwish just earned himself a spot on the "And Then They Died" list. <_<

Glamour, Backtrack, and Deathwish posts up. With an extra update with Arsenal, no less. I think I got a little carried away writing Deathwish there at the end, but I kind of like the way the scene turned out. It's both karmic and it lets me showcase another element of his slontze-y character.   :P

Your best Lightwards post yet Kobold. :P (Don't worry just friendly nagging.)

The post did make me wonder though. If Deathwish works with law enforcment and generally considers himself above consequenzes for breaking rules (as demonstrated with him just killing Impact's meat shild), then doesn't that mean his corruption should be gone? :huh:

Not sure how much point there is in telling the new Epics to behave well, given that the only one really left it Elsa. (Ozy just standing in a corner) but hey Arsenal doesn't know that.

The post did make me wonder though. If Deathwish works with law enforcment and generally considers himself above consequenzes for breaking rules (as demonstrated with him just killing Impact's meat shild), then doesn't that mean his corruption should be gone? :huh:

Not sure how much point there is in telling the new Epics to behave well, given that the only one really left it Elsa. (Ozy just standing in a corner) but hey Arsenal doesn't know that.

That doesn't really require him to face his fear of law enforcement, though. Considering oneself above consequences doesn't mean you don't fear them; it just means the fear makes you even more angry when the law does catch up to you. 

That doesn't really require him to face his fear of law enforcement, though. Considering oneself above consequences doesn't mean you don't fear them; it just means the fear makes you even more angry when the law does catch up to you. 

I suppose, dealing with a defanged tiger doesn't mean one with fangs isn't still just as scary. (There David, that's a metaphor. :P )

You can make threat fot the ATTD list, if you want to.

Talking about updating, when's the last time anyone updated the wiki. :ph34r:

Who votes I make a new thread for the ATTD list and just keep updating it? 

A thread could work, but a wiki page could serve the same purpose. :ph34r: Either way I support it. :D

Exactly what TwiLyght said. He fears law enforcement, or more specifically the way society looks down on him--hence oncoming police sirens being his weakness. His powers give him some degree of empowerment over his fears, but he's never actually faced the fact that he's the scum of society. His response to being rejected by women or pursued by police has always been to continue trying to become the toughest guy on the block, not actually confronting his fear and realizing what a slontze he is.