Open call for questions to brandon from tor!

Eerongal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I plan to ask.

"Brandon, if I promise to bring you cake, will you push to make Madison, Wisconsin a stop on the next tour you have? How about if I offer cake for every tour?"

I think it'll work. Everyone loves cake.

"Brandon, if I promise to bring you cake, will you push to make Madison, Wisconsin a stop on the next tour you have? How about if I offer cake for every tour?"

This is what we call a perfect question. Political intrigue, bribery, bakery confections, cheese (implied with any interactions with wisconsin).

Here's a copy of my post on there.

So, Brandon, I have a number of questions. Most of them about the Metallic Arts, but just bear with me.

1. What does aluminum do in Feruchemy?

2. What does malatium do in Hemalurgy?

3. What would an atium-electrum alloy do in Allomancy?

4. What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

5. Can you both Feruchemically charge and Hemalurgically invest in the same piece of metal?

6. What would happen if you burned the metal in question 5?

7. What happens when you break a Hemalurgic spike or metalmind? What happens to that power?

Now for the non-Mistborn questions.

8. What's the next non-sequel book you're wanting to write or rewrite?

9. You've said you lifted the Shattered Plains from Dragonsteel, what would Kaladin have been doing if not running bridges and what will happen to Dragonsteel without the Plains?

Nine questions, a lot, yes, but feel free to RAFO some of them if necessary.

This is what we call a perfect question. Political intrigue, bribery, bakery confections, cheese (implied with any interactions with wisconsin).

Actually, during the Way of Kings tour, some friend and I went to the Chicago signing and brought him cheese curds to represent the superior state of Wisconsin. So he has had Wisconsin cheese, and it's only a matter of time before the craving begins to set in...

Here's my first question batch which I'll post on there.

Did Ruin know that Preservation had chosen Vin? Sazed's epigraphs seem to imply that he didn't, and that there were other, special things.

Can anyone take a Shard's power, or does it require a special makeup in a person?

Here's a quote. "Why, the Astalsi were rather advanced--they mixed religion with science quite profoundly. They thought that different colors were indications of different kinds of fortune, and they were quite detailed in their descriptions of light and color. Why, it's from them that we get some of our best ideas as to what things might have looked like before the Ascension. They had a scale of colors, and use it to describe the sky of the deepest blue and various plants in their shades of green." Do the pre-Ascension religions correspond to religions from other Shardworlds, as this one seems somewhat like Nalthis?

About what population did Luthadel have at the beginning of MB1?

Are members of the Seventeenth Shard only from Sel, or do they have members from additional worlds as well?

How many Shardworlds have we not seen in published works? There's Yolen, and whatever planet The Silence Divine is on... [continue]

Was the Reod caused by Odium? I could've sworn that you said eons ago, before Mistborn came out, that the Reod wasn't a magical event, and was a natural earthquake, but my memory may fail me...

How long has it been since the events in Elantris and the events of the Way of Kings? Also, how long before Elantris did Odium arrive in Sel?

Could you expound at all about the Steel Ministry's governing structure? We're kind of shooting in the dark for RPing there. How are other Dominance's structured?

What exactly did the Lord Ruler do with Hemalurgy do pull off his most dramatic effects? Is the Lord Ruler was a brass savant from all his Soothing?

There's a theory rolling around that the atium we see in the books is really an atium-electrum alloy. Is the atium in fact pure atium, or instead some sort of atium derivative?

Space travel with cadmium and bendalloy. Possible?

Where do Kelsier and Marsh get their nobility from? I know that Marsh snapped after obligators got their Mom, so I assume it's from their father? Or are they second generation?

Is there some reason that both Vin and Kelsier are half-skaa, half-nobleman, both are quite skilled at allomancy, both end up overthrowing the Lord Ruler, and have siblings that are seekers? Was Kelsier Ruin's 'back-up' plan? Or was he Preservation's?

How come the gods in your novels are gods instead of Gods?

Is there some planet-hopper that we've missed? Someone other than Hoid/17th Shard?

Is WoK after Elantris 2 or 3?

Is WoK after Nightblood?

Is "Grump" the character talking to Elohkar in the Prologue?

Is Hoid the drunk beggar in the Prologue? I know Peter made some remark when that was suggested forever ago.

Are the Arch-people (the assumed Heralds in the epigraph arches) representing people? or magics? (probably RAFO'd)

How come you never had Elend burn Gold? How would that affect him since he's a Lerasium-Mistborn?

Are the Allomancers who were mist-snapped heritable? And are they the strength of mistings of the time, or are the Lerasium strength.

Will the Well of Ascension refill up (I assume not, since Sazed is in control of both shards)

Is the Pool in Elantris Relief?

Because every other question I had is already being asked:

"If you could choose to posses one magic system in real life from any of the books you have written (including WoT and any we as fans haven't yet read) which would it be?"

Since everyone else's questions are ones that have boring answers or are bound to be RAFO'd...

Is there an Aon for "waffle"?

How does the name "Aonamonapeia" sound to you?

Does using Seon's to communicate long-distance come with surcharges or hidden fees?

Are there any monkeys on Scadrial?

Do they have waffles in the Final Empire?

How about pie?

Does T'Telir get a lot of tourists?

Will the sequel to Warbreaker be called "Warbuyer?

Will it involve Vasher having to buy the war because he broke it in the last book, and didn't realize T'Telir had a "Pottery Barn rule"?

What would Peter's Smedry Talent be?

Does Alcatraz like waffles?

How outdated are the encyclopedias Alcatraz will eventually be tied to, and does the sacrifice to the dark powers by a cult of evil librarians increase in power the longer the encyclopedias have been out of date?

Are the pools in The Stromlight Archive gonna have bubble jets and scented oils?

If Jasnah was a rapper, would she go by Jas-Nasty?

Should Szeth-son-son-Something sire a son on a Sunday sometime soon so Szeth's son severs 'n sunders sundaes?

Since everyone else's questions are ones that have boring answers or are bound to be RAFO'd...

Is there an Aon for "waffle"?

How does the name "Aonamonapeia" sound to you?

Does using Seon's to communicate long-distance come with surcharges or hidden fees?

Are there any monkeys on Scadrial?

Do they have waffles in the Final Empire?

How about pie?

Does T'Telir get a lot of tourists?

Will the sequel to Warbreaker be called "Warbuyer?

Will it involve Vasher having to buy the war because he broke it in the last book, and didn't realize T'Telir had a "Pottery Barn rule"?

What would Peter's Smedry Talent be?

Does Alcatraz like waffles?

How outdated are the encyclopedias Alcatraz will eventually be tied to, and does the sacrifice to the dark powers by a cult of evil librarians increase in power the longer the encyclopedias have been out of date?

Are the pools in The Stromlight Archive gonna have bubble jets and scented oils?

If Jasnah was a rapper, would she go by Jas-Nasty?

Should Szeth-son-son-Something sire a son on a Sunday sometime soon so Szeth's son severs 'n sunders sundaes?

/agree on all accounts. THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW, MR SANDERSON. YOU CAN'T KEEP THE KNOWLEDGE WE NEED FROM US.

Post your comments on there before it's too late. If you're thinking of more before you post your list, POST YOUR LIST anyways. You can always reply again if you think of something else that's brilliant.

What is the deadline? When are these questions being asked?

Sometime today, i think. They said they'd take questions for 3 days, started on December 6th, so that depends if "the next three days" means the 6th, 7th, and 8th, or  the 6th-9th. That is, if they're counting the day they posted it as part of the "next three days", because i could easily see someone meaning something supposed to run for three days starting on the 6th, and ending on the 9th (because 6+3=9)

Either case, i'd do the safe thing and get 'em in today!

Also, as far as when he answers them, i assume it's going to be an "as he gets to them" thing, and not like some formal interview or something.

Gah! no time to think of new ones! I'll post my standby list:

Warbreaker

- Can Returned have children? If so, who was the first Returned to do so?

Elantris

- How long ago (before Elantris 1) was Elantris built?

- When Dilaf is instructing the monks in how to kill the Elantrians, he mentions purification rights that need to be spoken. Do the rites have to do with the Dor? Or are they purely religious/ritualistic?

- Was Wyrn's drive to topple Elantris purely a typical, conquest-related motivation? Or did it arise after Fjordell gained access to the Dor?

- I know it's a RAFO, but how the eff did Wyrn see into the future? That seems above even a Shardholder's abilities! I bet that sucker's tapping into the Shadesmar. But i digress..

- Regarding Dilaf's flashback: Did the 'spell' that messed his wife up go wrong because of human error? Or was it because Dilaf was, in some way, inadvertently interfering?

- If a Dhakor (Dilaf) could erase a symbol written by an Elantrian (Raoden), could an Elantrian erase/heal a Dhakor bone-symbol?

- Is Jesker and/or the Mysteries simply another religion? Or do they have DulaDor (as opposed to AonDor, FjorDor, and ChayDor, as I refer to them in my head)?

- (probably another RAFO) the "expensive, burning rocks from the south:" are they parallel to Atium/Larasium/TearsoE?

- Ashe says to Sarene "your god" (emphasis added). Do seons have a religion/god?

Mistborn

- Were mistcloaks inspired by the funeral shrouds in Elantris?

- You've said that, at the end of the trilogy, Kelsier had become a Sliver (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/264132-q-a-with-brandon-sanderson?page=2). When did this happen and how? Did Sazed just go "here ya go, buddy; here's a bit of my power for ya," or was it something more subtle/universal?

is it sufficient to post here? what should i do with them?

I've got a list of questions in my notebook, but I prefer to hold them until signings. That way Brandon can't work on how to answer the questions. Plus I can see the re-action on his face. He's not very good at times at controlling his facial expressions. Especially if you call him on something that isn't obvious but is in the books hidden. 

Here's my second batch.  These were thought of on the spot, where the first had been stewing in my brain for a while.

What is your opinion on fan fiction, more specifically of your work?

Can Mistings burn the Atium alloy of their metal?

Are Odium and Rayse the same thing? Because we (17th Shard) have been assuming so and I'm not so sure.

Did Elantrians start appearing before or after Rayse's visit to Sel?

Who would win in a fight, a Jedi or a Mistborn?