Stormlight 2 readings

Meg

First of all: I do not want to seem to be pushing, excuse me. But as it seems to be my calling (the best thing I can :=)) I'm confused:

There are 3 parts of readings for Stormlight 2 1st Parshendi reading, Shallan's reading and 2nd Parshendi reading.

Thanks to Windrunner I got the transcriptions for the 1st Parshendi-reading and the Shallan's part. I see that there is an overlapping with the 1st P-reading (from 4:40 to 9:25 in this file), but after the end of this ("a lack of a form") the 2nd P-reading continues until the end of the file. I really tried to understand, but there were only a few things that I got. I see that most of you don't need a transcription for understanding, but I dare to ask whether the 2nd Parshendi-reading will be transcribed too. So please don't be angry with me.

The old songs spoke of hundreds of forms, now they knew only five. well, six if you counted slaveform,the form with no spren, no soul and no song. The form the humans were accustomed to, the one they call parshmen. It was however, but the lack of a form. Eshenai left the hall of art helm under her arm and passed through the watering square. Here a large pool had been create by workers in nimbleform. A nimble sculpting craf that caught rain wich during the storm was thick with nourisment. Workers carried buckets. Their forms were strong although it had thinner fingers and no armour. *** nodded towards them. As a general she had no authority over them. She was one of the last shardbearers they had, and that afforded her some respect. A group of 3 matingforms, one male and two females played in the water, splashing at oneanother. You three, Eshenai snapped at them, shouldent you be doing something? They sat up straight, barely clothed they dripped with water others would be drinking. *****(description of mating form, something about plump and soft;) **** **** come in one called, its fun. Out Eshenai said, pointing. The three muttered to the tone of irritation as they *****. Nearby several workers shook their heads as they passed. One scene deprived of appriciation to Eshenai. Workers did not like confrontation. It was an escuse ofcourse. just as those who took on matingform used that as an excuse for ****** activities. Eshenai had been a worker, she prefered it, and had trained herself to confront when needed. She had tried matingform at one point, everyone tried it if only out of curiocity. In her case, it had been a disaster. Regardless, she had seen firsthand that one could indeed focus as a mate, could be productive despite distractions. Many relied to much on their forms to construct how they should act. However, with the present inevitability hanging over the ****(the parshendi?). She saw more and more giving up on the pressure of decision.

Allowing the easy answers to guide them, the instincts given by their forms. It frigthened her.

This is up to 11:00.

Now I gotto go. Someone else can continue, or I might later;)

I didn't even know there was a reading for a Shallan flashback.

The world ended and Shallan was to blame.

"Pretend it never happened," her father whispered, he wiped something wet from her cheek, his thumb came back red. "I'll protect you."

Was the room shaking? No, that was her, trembling. She looked up at her father, moving with a sudden jerk. She couldn't blink, her eyes were frozen open.

"Sleep now dear one,

Crimson sky will fly before you."

A lullaby, father whispered it through his tears.

Behind him, in the room, dark corpses lay stretched on the floor, red carpet, once white.

"Though rock and dread may be your bed,

You will sleep my loved one dear"

Her father gathered her into his arms. And she felt her skin squirming.

No... no... This affection wasn't right. A monster should not be held in love, a monster who killed, who murdered.

No... But she could not move.

"Now comes the storm,

But you'll be warm.

The wind may shake your dreams."

Father stepped over the body of a woman in white. Little blood there. It was the other men doing most of the bleeding.

Mother lay face down so Shallan couldn't see the eyes, the horrible eyes.

Almost, Shallan could imagine that the lullaby was the end to a nightmare.

That it was nice[night?], and that she had awakened screaming. That her father was singing to her sleep. As he'd done when she was a child.

"The crystals fine, will glow sublime.

So sleep my loved one dear."

They passed father's safe on the wall. It glowed brightly, light streaming from the cracks around the closed front. A monster was inside.

"And like a song, it won't be long.

You'll sleep, my loved one dear."

Father left the bedroom and closed the door on the corpses.