Noticed A Passage In WoK

MoS03

“It was the story of a child who wandered away from his home at night and was chased by Voidbringers until he hid in a cavern beside a lake. He whittled a piece of wood into a roughly human shape and sent it floating across the lake, fooling the creatures into attacking and eating it instead.” Wok33

Sorry for the bad passage tagging, I found this in the notes I took off iBooks. My last reread was about 6 months ago, and this was from that.

We know of a particular Worldhopper is on Roshar from Nalthis. What was the proposed timeline for that? This passage is from the book Shallan finds in the library (forget title, scary children's book or something about voidbringers) while reading the book she saw from Jasnah's research.

Man shaped? On Nalthis, Awakening took fewer Breaths if it was closer to the shape of a human. Could this children's story possibly be a holdover from when the aforementioned Worldhopper arrived on Roshar? It even mentions a body of water. Shardpool?

Just some thoughts.

Or the Purelake. Could just be a normal lake, though.

Words of Radiance big Spoiler:

Warbreaker was written as Vasher's prequel to his involvement in Words of Radiance, too, so who knows?

Edited by Turos Stoneward

Welcome to the forums! 

While you're not the first to notice and speculate about this point (many, many thousands of combined hours have gone into the exploration of each novel, so that shouldn't be particularly surprising) it is one that many people miss unless looking for it.

It seems fairly obvious to me that this is an Awakening easter egg, and due to Cosmere, also much more than that.  Sadly, at this time, it does not provide any sort of conclusive evidence of our favorite Returned worldhopper.

Although, my current theory is that Nightblood was modeled on Honorblades--by a certain Scholar who understood that Breath is, essentially, Investiture, and that any significant amount of it pooled together would have dramatic effect.

• Chaos locked this topic