Writing Excuses 7.45

Mandamon

Thought I'd put this up here if anyone hasn't listened to the latest Writing Excuses episode.

It's a Microcasting episode and one question is "Should a novice writer fix glaring story problems during a draft, or wait until after?"

Howard gives a good answer, that in his group, if everone realizes there is a big problem in plot or character or something, the others in the group assume that it will be fixed later, but the writer keeps on writing for now so he/she can finish the first draft. Later entries are read with the assumption that plot point was fixed or successfully explained away.

I thought that might be something good for us to do here.

Also, I'm going to take a non-humble moment and say that I submitted the first question on the podcast (about percent of original draft making it to print). I was happy they thought it worth addressing on the podcast!

Also also, did anyone here secure one of the spots to the writing retreat next year? I thought about it, but eventually decided against. I might try to go for the second one, if this one is successful.