You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When your computer crashes for some reason and you're panicking because you can't get on 17th Shard. 

On the topic of Riordon, I haven't read Blood of Olympus yet. The reason? I can't bring myself to, not yet. I read his first series about when it came out and thought they were okay. (I actually like them more now. They just weren't quite in my range of interest then.) Then (somewhat) recently I tried his books again with the Kane Chronicles and the new Percy Jackson series and I liked them. Then I read the third book in that series and realized: Riordan is reaching. His jokes are forced and at times even make the plot unbelievable. He's now stretching out that one idea- ancient gods and goddesses in the modern world- as far as he can, and it's wearing thin.

That's my opinion on them. Of course, I'm really, really picky when it comes to books. It's probably Sanderson's awesomeness.

When your computer crashes for some reason and you're panicking because you can't get on 17th Shard. 

On the topic of Riordon, I haven't read Blood of Olympus yet. The reason? I can't bring myself to, not yet. I read his first series about when it came out and thought they were okay. (I actually like them more now. They just weren't quite in my range of interest then.) Then (somewhat) recently I tried his books again with the Kane Chronicles and the new Percy Jackson series and I liked them. Then I read the third book in that series and realized: Riordan is reaching. His jokes are forced and at times even make the plot unbelievable. He's now stretching out that one idea- ancient gods and goddesses in the modern world- as far as he can, and it's wearing thin.

That's my opinion on them. Of course, I'm really, really picky when it comes to books. It's probably Sanderson's awesomeness.

This is understandable. I've heard people say the reason they disliked the Heroes of Olympus series is because he didn't allow for breaks, and burned out. I still love them, I just have to be in a specific mood to read them. Like most things, actually.

When you spend your days gleefully anticipating the day when TwiLyghtSansSparkles reads the Lift interlude from Words of Radiance, and posts her meme reaction to it to the Sanderson Memes thread. :ph34r::D

Pray that a psychologist never reads these threads. Pray.

This is understandable. I've heard people say the reason they disliked the Heroes of Olympus series is because he didn't allow for breaks, and burned out. I still love them, I just have to be in a specific mood to read them. Like most things, actually.

Yes. Exactly. My brain just overanalyzes things and it ruins a lot of books for me. Coincidentally, that's one reason I love Brandon Sanderson's books. They hold up under all my weird analyzation.

Edit: And yes, Slowswift, if a psychiatrist read these threads we would all be thrown straight to the loony bin.

Wait... No, just pray they don't get onto this website... :mellow:

Edited by mistrunner

:o I want this.

Well, I wish you the best of luck in convincing Brandon. I'd gladly let you read my stuff though. The more opinions the better.

Ahem. Back on topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you add that word to your online dictionary so that little red line will finally leave.

Well, I wish you the best of luck in convincing Brandon. I'd gladly let you read my stuff though. The more opinions the better.

Ahem. Back on topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you add that word to your online dictionary so that little red line will finally leave.

That. Line. Is. The. Worst. 

When you don't have a moment of your day that you aren't thinking of a Sanderson book.(Sorry. Double negatives)

I have currently nearly my family's whole Sanderson book collection in my room. It's supposed to be on the shelf in the hall.

8221253.jpg

You know you are a Sanderfan when you get into an argument with your girlfriend because she doesn't agree with calling the new kitten Hoid. Or Dalinar. Or Kaladin. Or Stormfather. Or Tien.

That's not fair :unsure:, even if she hasn't read his books...

Imagine how cute it will be, like,"Come here Kal, who's a good kitty?" :wub:

Edited by Unknowingly

That's not fair :unsure:, even if she hasn't read his books...

I magine how cute it will be, like,"Come here Kal, who's a good kitty?" :wub:

Exactly! And if you heard the little guy fart, you'd be agreeing with me about the name Stormfather too.

When you have cats named Blackthorn and Jasnah.   :ph34r::D

Now I'm curios as to how you pronounce Jasnah :ph34r: Do you say it the phonetic way, so something like "Jas na" or how Brandon says it which sounds like "Yasnah"?

Edited by Unknowingly