You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you learn to flip a coin over your knuckles largely so you can do it the next time one of your roleplaying groups encounters a certain particularly powerful coinshot :)

(Also partly because it's cool, and also because I often idly fidget with things when I'm thinking and unlike pens, coins don't leave ink marks all over my hands :P)

Edit: As it turns out, it actually feels quite good and a little calming somehow. Not sure I could say exactly why though.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

You should have moved as soon as you saw the shirt, Brightness.

*sigh* Yes, that would have been wise.

Just stand up halfway through the concert and shout at the top of your lungs

"BUT YOU COULD BE FIRE" in their general direction.

As effective as this would have been, I somehow managed not to this either.

Let this be a lesson to all of you, Sharders. When you see the stick shirt, move quickly.

When you're out in the cold outdoors and see your breath puffing out in front of you so lean over to your friend and say "My life to yours, my Breath become yours." before exhaling dramatically.

When you're at a concert and see that someone across the room from you is wearing an "I am a stick" shirt and spend the entire rest of the concert planning to go over and say "But you could be a fire". Then pout half the evening when they manage to get leave the room before you even stand up.  <_<

When the text on your birthday cake is in High Imperial. (Best part of my birthday :D )

When your cake has the allomatic symbols on it.

When you check for spikes in cookies. (That one goes for 17th Sharders, not general Sanderfans, though.)

When you worry about how, if you were magically teleported to Alethkar, you would deal with the safehand thing, because one, I'm not wearing a glove (it would be scandalous!), and two, I'm left-handed. (This is similar to the blue eyes problem- Kaladin wouldn't like me! Noooo!)

"There are no ideals past the first," the Cryptic whispered. "Now, you must speak truths."

Mistrunner took a deep breath. "You want a truth?" she said. "I have no social life."

"Ah... a powerful truth indeed."

Speak again the hallowed oaths:

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

The Knights Awkward must stand again.

...I'm very glad I asked. :D

Could I join the Knights Awkward? My Honorspren and I are already living the first oath, and I pretty certain I'm prepard to speak the second ideal: I will make Cosmere references for those who cannot make Cosmere references themselves.

...I'm very glad I asked. :D

Could I join the Knights Awkward? My Honorspren and I are already living the first oath, and I pretty certain I'm prepard to speak the second ideal: I will make Cosmere references for those who cannot make Cosmere references themselves.

...gracious. I see a new guild forming.

When you check for spikes in cookies. (That one goes for 17th Sharders, not general Sanderfans, though.)

When you worry about how, if you were magically teleported to Alethkar, you would deal with the safehand thing, because one, I'm not wearing a glove (it would be scandalous!), and two, I'm left-handed. (This is similar to the blue eyes problem- Kaladin wouldn't like me! Noooo!)

When you worried if you were transported to Roshar, and people found out that you could write! and not just in glyphs. 

When you worry if you were transported to Roshar. Why? Because it's about to fall into a near-apocalypse, and I don't have the spoilers to save it yet! Plus, I wouldn't be able to write or speak in any of their languages.

When you worry if you were transported to Roshar. Why? Because it's about to fall into a near-apocalypse, and I don't have the spoilers to save it yet! Plus, I wouldn't be able to write or speak in any of their languages.

Because it is somewhat frowned upon in atheli culture for a man to write anything other than glyphs.