You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When your learning how to send secret codes through matrices for math, and the message you sent is "There is always another secret" . But the person who ends up with your message in the class isn't a Sanderfan and they're just like "Uh, okay." It was so disappointing. 

Or when you have to write a short story about a duck in English and you name him Tien.

When you are at a Wednesday activity and you encourage your friend to cover his head with aluminum foil, telling him it will protect him from emotional Allomancy. You then proceed to bang two PVC pipes you found together like a Smoker. You then run around the whole church building banging your PVC pipes together at every person to find out if any were secretly Tineyes. Then you consider using the PVC pipes to test for Pewterarms, if only briefly. You are then proud of yourself for finally spelling Numuhukumakiaki'aialunimor correctly. I've been able to pronounce it for a while, but I couldn't spell it until now. Yesterday was fun!

Nobody understood anything I was doing. I know no Sanderfans as nerdy about it as me. My best friend reads all Sanderson's books, but he's not a Sanderfan. I had to remind him what a Tineye was, etc. The friend who wore aluminum foil on his head has never read Sanderson in his life. :(

In a way, that only makes yesterday even better. ;)

Edited by podman36

1 hour ago, The Invested Beard said:

When you are playing video games and every game you try to figure out how this could be a shardworld and how investiture works there.

In Ori and the Blind Forest:

The bird is a vessel of a Destruction Shard. When Ori uses the feather, he channels the birds investiture. Enemies channel investiture from the bird, and when Ori bashes, he uses their investiture. The Tree is a Creation Shard.

When HR tells you there will be a lawsuit from your employees, because you didn't give them international or religious holidays off, but you announced Nov 13-15 as acceptable days not to show up to work. The HR director is not a Sanderfan, and her words are not to be misconstrued as representing those of my company or its leadership.

14 hours ago, podman36 said:

When you are at a Wednesday activity and you encourage your friend to cover his head with aluminum foil, telling him it will protect him from emotional Allomancy. You then proceed to bang two PVC pipes you found together like a Smoker. You then run around the whole church building banging your PVC pipes together at every person to find out if any were secretly Tineyes. Then you consider using the PVC pipes to test for Pewterarms, if only briefly. You are then proud of yourself for finally spelling Numuhukumakiaki'aialunimor correctly. I've been able to pronounce it for a while, but I couldn't spell it until now. Yesterday was fun!

Nobody understood anything I was doing. I know no Sanderfans as nerdy about it as me. 

Me.

That sounds exactly like something I would do.

When you name your profile picture Tein.

Edited by Tesh

When you get into a super deep discussion about the Cosmere with your 8-year-old brother who hates reading (deep for him, not me). He says that he really wants to read the Stormlight Archive now.

And when I told him it was too complicated for him he told me to just read it to him, and explain it all as I read.

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

When you have tried on multiple occasions to turn one of your best friends into a sanderfan and you continue to fail at which point all that you can do is launch into a cosmere inspired cursing storm.

(Sorry for the double post).

The same thing happens to me all of the time!

13 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Soo... I was ribbing one of my friends (He couldn't finish WoT,) and discovered he has read a few Sanderson books. Now to go about the process of converting him...

I don't blame your friend for not finishing. WoT is a struggle. I haven't even finished yet. Convert him, bring him to the greatness of the Cosmere

16 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Soo... I was ribbing one of my friends (He couldn't finish WoT,) and discovered he has read a few Sanderson books. Now to go about the process of converting him...

1.) I am going to force myself to read them.

2.) Good luck! We need more people reading his books.

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I tried. I failed. I only made it to 4, and then gave up out of boredom.

So far I've only read The Eye of the World, but I just got The Great Hunt. 

But the last four books will be my motivation.

It was really funny at the bookstore when I got The Great Hunt. First, of course, I asked if she had any Sanderson books. She didn't, so I asked if she had any of tWoT books. She had them all, but as she led me to them, she said that they were pretty big.

I said that I knew, and she seemed pretty darn surprised. (It was really funny, actually).

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

I tried. I failed. I only made it to 4, and then gave up out of boredom.

When I first tried, I only made it to the end of book 3. I made the decision earlier today to give them another try, and started the first one over. I also need to finish all my college apps in the next week and fully plan on dropping everything else in 23 days when OB comes out. Based on how busy I am, it definitely wasn't the smartest decision I've made, but I'm not very rational when it comes to books. 

You know you're a Sanderfan when the only time you don't procrastinate is when you know something will be due not long after a Sanderson book release. 

15 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

and fully plan on dropping everything else in 23 days when OB comes out. Based on how busy I am, it definitely wasn't the smartest decision I've made, but I'm not very rational when it comes to books. 

You know you're a Sanderfan when the only time you don't procrastinate is when you know something will be due not long after a Sanderson book release. 

That is so me.

When you make a huge reference sheet for the Knights Radiant.

It includes all known ideals, spren, heralds, glyphs, and surges. I just finished.